in Suggestions

Posted by: Axisys.1056

Axisys.1056

Really good idea.

Improvements for Collectors

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thunderhead.5736

Thunderhead.5736

You have my support too, great idea for completionists that have that nagging feeling when switching armor sets!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Galador Dux.6359

Galador Dux.6359

I’m not sure if this was mentioned, but this should be character bound except for special skins, such as special event related rewards (like the book backpack and other Halloween skins) and maybe Legendary items. Otherwise there would be a massive reduction in demand for certain items in the long run, which would play havoc with the economy. Similarly with dungeons, where there would be little point to run most of them after you get a full set on one character unless you wanted a particular stat spread not available on crafted or karma gear.

Otherwise, I love this idea, even if I might not personally partake in it all that much.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rectifyer.1804

Rectifyer.1804

This is the best idea I have seen yet.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mixchimmer.7230

Mixchimmer.7230

I really, really, ***really*** hopes this gets some attention from devs. I’ve been saying this for a while, I just never felt like taking the time to vocalize it.

Wonderful post, here’s to hoping it gets attention!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Scythean.8712

Scythean.8712

This is an excellent idea. I’m definitely behind this!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Never.6014

Never.6014

OP’s idea is excellent. I’d love to see this in game.

Tell Anet’s boss what you think: http://tinyurl.com/arkgzku

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elisen.5760

Elisen.5760

I would definitely love to see this take place, I’ve considered changing the skin of a weapon a few times, but decided against it since if I wanted to change it back later I would need to re-buy the original from a karma vendor again.

in Suggestions

Posted by: rewrite.8462

rewrite.8462

Great idea, I’d really like this in the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pantakeea.2361

Pantakeea.2361

We definitely need this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Grumwulf.9602

Grumwulf.9602

Great idea, I have been thinking about this problem myself. Another way is that transmutation stones could destroy the item but put the skin in an appearance tab. I imagine something very similar to the crafting tab with all the skins where the recipes are and on the right a dolly of your character and below him a button that says apply skin. I also thought it should be account bound as then you would collect all skins no matter the armor type. No skin would be too ugly to aquire, the only thing you would care about would be whether you have it already.

At present I don’t really care about skins but thats because I have the look I want and I don’t want to spend a fortune on new exotics and waste bag space for a set of sunday clothes. But give me an appearance tab with all my collected skins and I would switch and swap my skins on a whim.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jabberwok.5730

Jabberwok.5730

Adding my support on this idea

Avatar of Deity[AoD] – StormBluff Isles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taedirk.9145

Taedirk.9145

This is a glorious idea. A system like this would give me a huge incentive to find new and unique items at 80. Being able to gather skins like I gather dyes would be an incredible addition and longevity boost.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hermod.2643

Hermod.2643

support this. i also pitched this idea a month ago- https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Allow-us-to-wear-previously-equipped-styles

i really hope this goes through, the more people asking for this the better. i’d probably play this game non stop if this was possible.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Magikker.9243

Magikker.9243

This is the one thing that keeps me from buying (with gold or gems) new skins. I really like some of the Halloween stuff but were woulkittenep it if I don’t want to use it all the time? I haven’t bought a Mad King Thorn costume since I don’t know where I’d keep my normal town clothes if I did. I’ve already maxed my bank with other skins I’d like to keep. It’s also keeping me from sinking gold into cultural armor.

in Suggestions

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

support here!!

i mentioned this elsewhere as well. further building on the idea of a “gallery” and for us to use our “hometowns” even more: what if they could add an instance (it’d be the same location for everyone) which would be titled the Trophy Room or Collectibles or “The Armoury”. upon entering, you’re greeted with armor stands and wall mounts where you could choose to display what you’ve collected.

to help ANet feel incentivized for this, people can buy Armoury Upgrades via the gemstore – more armor stands, more weapon racks, more embellishments and keep upgrading your room and collection. kind of similar to the mansion in Assassin’s Creed II (iirc) for those of you who are familiar. i just think it’d be kind of cool, instead of just in a gallery – which i absolutely love already.

there could even be an events section, for eg. a place to display the Mad King Thorn costume, and you could bust it out again each year. same for other festivities.

i for one am tryign to collect different weapon skins and armor, but BECAUSE i feel id on’t have enough room, i actually transmutate them and just saddens me to see them “go”. this would eliminate that problem, but still need transmutation stones – either do events, OR go through the gem store.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sipos.8624

Sipos.8624

I love this idea. I would be more likely to make an effort to collect all of the skins in the game if the cost of using enough skin salvage kits wasn’t too high (they’d have to be roughly the same price as a transmute stone per use for me to use them) and, there was a achievement or just blanked out spaces in the vendor to track which you don’t have yet.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Svenn.5209

Svenn.5209

I love this idea. I would be more likely to make an effort to collect all of the skins in the game if the cost of using enough skin salvage kits wasn’t too high (they’d have to be roughly the same price as a transmute stone per use for me to use them) and, there was a achievement or just blanked out spaces in the vendor to track which you don’t have yet.

Yeah, it would especially give me incentive if it listed all the armor.

Also, I would hope this would be for ALL skins, including the starter ones, and not just dungeon sets or something. I’ve kept some of the starting white items around just for the looks, so being able to store those as well would be nice.

Svenn Ethir – Seeds of War – Stormbluff Isle

in Suggestions

Posted by: gibzy.7329

gibzy.7329

While I disagree with some of the OP ideas, it’s still way better than what we have now. So UP!

Also, here are a bunch of great ways how to go about this subject: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Let-us-save-our-armor-skins/

Azazel Guild – Casual Russian PvX guild on Ring of Fire
http://azazel.enjin.com/

in Suggestions

Posted by: katubug.6378

katubug.6378

I absolutely agree! Yes, please!

in Suggestions

Posted by: NomadicOne.6150

NomadicOne.6150

Adding my support to this idea! I would gladly pay money to have a feature like this. I often find my time to play if limited, but still want to collect the cool skins. This would help me do that without having to choose between bag space or skins that I like.

Henge of Denravi

in Suggestions

Posted by: sykotrip.2390

sykotrip.2390

It would be nice to see something like the LOTRO Outfit tab system.

For the people that didn’t play.

Taken from LOTRO wiki

Cosmetic items as well as regular equipment items can be equipped in either Equipment, Outfit 1, or Outfit 2 slots (although no item stats or bonuses will be applied by items equipped in outfit slots). A player must still meet the requirements of items such as level, class, armour proficiency (e.g. light armour, medium armour) in order to equip the item in a cosmetic outfit slot.

Items equipped in a cosmetic outfit slot will override the appearance of primary gear appearance when the player switches to that outfit. Players also have the option to show or hide the appearance of individual items in the head, shoulders, hands, back, and feet slots by clicking the icon of the eye next to the item slot.

While displaying items in Outfit 1 or Outfit 2, it is not necessary to keep that item in the player’s inventory bags. When a player equips an item in either an Outfit 1 or Outfit 2 slot a “snapshot” of the appearance of that item is recorded in that Outfit slot and the item is no longer required; and that item can either be sold, or stored in the player’s bank. The Outfit slots can only store one “snapshot” at a time: so, if a player equips a Cloth Hat in the head slot of Outfit 1, then later changes Outfit 1’s head slot to Mariner’s Eyepatch, the Cloth Hat appearance is over-written by Mariner’s Eyepatch (and the Cloth Hat appearance is lost). If the player sold the Cloth Hat item, they must reacquire the Cloth Hat item in order to display the appearance of a Cloth Hat.

Players can use the Keymapping options to set a specific key for each outfit, allowing players to switch between all 3 outfits instantly “on the fly” by pressing the associated keys on the keyboard.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MasterRuss.6027

MasterRuss.6027

/support

in Suggestions

Posted by: bastifs.1946

bastifs.1946

I’m totally behind this…but now I don’t know if that was ever implemented should I then transmute my AC exotics now or wait :/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Whitester.5640

Whitester.5640

I love this idea. Make it so!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Junera.4583

Junera.4583

Agreed! I am a completist and not being able to collect all armour skins across all my characters for lack of storage space makes me sad

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zivilia.1527

Zivilia.1527

Definitely love this idea. I wonder why they dont implement this when the SKIN is major thing in this game

Zivila – 80 Warrior
Commander of [HAX]

in Suggestions

Svenn.5209

I really loved this system. It’s more for quick outfit swapping on a character than the storage/collecting problem that we have now, but it’s something I would support seeing in the future as well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chamone.6890

Chamone.6890

This is a terrible idea. It is complicated, pointless and only appeals to a small minority of players who obsessively collect everything. Please do not develop this.

If the ‘problem’ is that the game makes it very difficult, cumbersome and expensive to collect ALL of the armour skins, the ‘solution’ is not to redevelop significant parts of the game to make it easer. The far simpler solution is don’t try to collect all the armour skins. Nobody cares.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Galin.6378

Galin.6378

Better add special bank for event items. Costumes and hats.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DinoDoll.3682

DinoDoll.3682

This is a terrible idea. It is complicated, pointless and only appeals to a small minority of players who obsessively collect everything. Please do not develop this.

If the ‘problem’ is that the game makes it very difficult, cumbersome and expensive to collect ALL of the armour skins, the ‘solution’ is not to redevelop significant parts of the game to make it easer. The far simpler solution is don’t try to collect all the armour skins. Nobody cares.

why isn’t the simple solution just.. at least.. let us buy MORE bank expansions than 7?

7 Bank expansions (shared between 5 characters – more.. if you buy extra character slots) is why to few. Its unacceptably low.

i agree that a super complicated system for storing pve stuff is probably a waste of dev time, at least at this point. But… a very /simple/ thing they could do is simply let us purchase /more/ expansions to the bank.

i have 5 characters… which means each character of mine only has 48 bank spaces. That’s completely unacceptable, especially considering a lot of crafting items do not store in the crafting collection (like /all/ the new halloween crafting items, but other things too).

Even if a big new storage system is too much work now. Or would only appeal to a small percentage of players… that’s no excuse for Anet not allowing us more bank space, is it?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

+1
I actually like this idea better than the costume wallet used in LotRO.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]Nobody cares.

You don’t care. Some people don’t care. That’s far from ‘nobody’.

People is repeatedly making “PvE Locker” and “Skin collection” suggestions because they care.

If it was addd, you would not be forced to do it, but pople who wants to do it would be able to do so, and ANet could make a cut by adding Gem to the mix, like with the Fine Transmutation stones that you can get in-game, but are easier and faster to get in the gem store.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ceallachan.6197

Ceallachan.6197

I second this motion of skin collection/ wardrobe implementation.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jaysn.7823

Jaysn.7823

This is a great idea, hopefully it’s something that can be added soon.

in Suggestions

Svenn.5209

I am really feeling this with all the halloween stuff I’ve collected. My bank is stuffed, my bags are full. I’ve got halloween skins that I want to use but I’m afraid to because if I ever want to change them I’ll lose out.

in Suggestions

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

+1 for this idea, it’s brilliant.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Scult.5368

Scult.5368

i really like this idea
+1

in Suggestions

Posted by: thealienamongus.1968

thealienamongus.1968

That is my preferred option. I’m collecting links to threads on similar suggestions comment if you find more

in Suggestions

Posted by: tewfik.7149

tewfik.7149

Also think this is a great idea, my bank is full of things I want to keep but don’t. have a use for all the time. Would be nice to be able to store things another way to access later. Same goes for some of the other crafting materials like Ecto’s and the like… why do they not have a slot in the collectables/crafting tab…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ravengyre.1246

Ravengyre.1246

The Solution: Skin Extractor Kits and a Skin Vendor.

ANet, hire this man.

ANet pls.

in Suggestions

Posted by: FlashbackJon.9627

FlashbackJon.9627

This suggestion is utterly fantastic.

Higgsi Bosaan, Asura Warrior of the Order of Whispers [Crystal Desert]
“I am only detectable by the aftermath of my annihilation.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ba air.1372

Ba air.1372

This sounds brilliant. On WoW I love the transmog system and change transmogs often. It’s one of my favorite things to go collect more pretty items to add to my huge pile of useless but pretty armor.

I like the idea of not having to clog up so much bank space too!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Loswaith.3829

Loswaith.3829

Implementing it like the Dye method could be the best way to go about it. Once you equip a certan item it then unlocks the skin in a tab (add another further categories in the dye tab even). Given most high level gear is bind on use, this means you either use the item on that character, vendor or salvage it.

This isnt an issue too much especially since Anet have stated the game isn’t about the gear grinding, since you would have to get the item equiped to that character in the first place. It also is self limiting to your class that way too, since you cant equip what you cant use.

Much like the OP sugested, the transmutation stones could still be worked in, you just need to drag an unlocked skin into it, much like you do currently, when transmuting items.

Having a skin unlock from transmutating an item to it, could be a good way to go as well and give some more use to the basic pre 80 transmutation stones that you dont often use due to changing gear allot.

in Suggestions

Posted by: afoot.6932

afoot.6932

I would also like for more affordances for aesthetic collections, and I like that the proposed system takes the transmutation stone system into account. However, I think that the Skin Extractor Kits suggestion has some issues. They would create additional inventory space clutter, and they don’t make sense from a lore/immersion standpoint. I know that there are already “skin” items in existence, like the Greatsaw Greatsword Skin, but if we’re going to develop an expanded system to allow aesthetic collections in PvE, why not do so in a way that contributes more to the roleplaying/lore aspect of the game?

I suggest some slight improvements to the OP’s proposal. Technically, it’d function similarly, but it’d be more immersive, reduce additional inventory space clutter, and also make use of the largely under-utilized home instances:

• The collections should be located in the player’s home instance, as actual armor and weapon stands sorted by set (Seraph, Aureate, Steam, Malign, etc.). It’d be a bit like the Hall of Monuments in GW1. You’d actually be able to see the weapon and armor models within your home instance as you add to the collection.
  • Instead of a Skin Extractor Kit, there’d be a “Replica Maker” NPC who makes replicas of items to add to your collections, in exchange for transmutation stones (like how dungeon vendors use dungeon tokens as currency, or Lionscout Tynuli uses karka shells as currency). With the Replica Maker NPC, there’d still be an incentive to use the gem store, but players wouldn’t have to buy yet another type of salvage kit to clog their inventory. Furthermore, you wouldn’t have to destroy your item to create a replica of it.
  • Instead of the Skin Vendor NPC, you’d just have the Replica Maker, who also vends item skins in exchange for transmutation stones. At least that way, the process makes some kind of sense from a lore standpoint—the replica maker is using the transmutation stones to create the “skin” item, which is like a specialized, one-time use transmutable replica of an item. Or something like that. At least there are dots for players to connect. Note the advantages that using transmutation stones as currency could have. Numerous players simply stockpile their stones—the collection system would encourage them to spend them. Also, adjusting the cost in transmutation stones of producing a skin could help preserve item rarity by making more common skins cheaper and rarer skins more expensive. Perhaps the rarest of items could use fine transmutation stones instead.
  • Players could show off their collections to other players by taking them to their home instance, and while there, the other players could right click items in the collection to preview them in the preview screen. Or better yet, there’d be a “try on” feature for collections, where players could simply equip the replicas to see them in the real game (without using the preview screen), like a costume that disappears when they exit the instance. This might provide more of an incentive to bring other players to your home instance, and the try-on feature would make it easier to see what different weapon/armor combinations look like together in actual game, since the preview screen is a bit limited, especially in previewing item special effects.
  • Completing collections would make good Achievements.

(edited by afoot.6932)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darkever.9732

Darkever.9732

The solution proposed is not perfect (Fine Transmutation Stone are already quite expensive in terms of gems, adding a Skin Extractor Kit seems like an overkill), but I agree that something must be done for this issue.
I already have two bank tabs full of weapons and armors I like, and maybe someday I will want to reuse… what happens when I start using those dungeon tokens?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

I full support this; OP, you are a genious. Anet would be foolish not to implement this into the game. Saving skins while not losing bank slots is a totally reasonable request. ArenaNet, please keep your eyes on this thread; you’ve got a good idea in the works.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Suggestions

Posted by: afoot.6932

afoot.6932

The following post got quite a bit of interest on Reddit, so I’m copying it to this thread. It focuses on the same need for collectors, but with a different suggested solution.

“Title: The town clothing system should be re-purposed to the overlay from LoTRO

For those not familiar, Lord of the Rings Online had an appearance vs armor system, where you could have an overlay outfit that you could mix and match as you pleased. This was arguably one of my most favorite things from that game, you could make yourself look exactly as you wanted without sacrificing stats to do it. The system itself was very similar to the town outfit, you could tab between the two as you liked (Either you showed your armor, or you had the gear in your outfit showing)

Obviously, there are two big things that need to be accounted for here – Transmutation stones (Both fine and regular) and the cash-store incentive for people to buy town-clothes.

The middle ground solution for all this is a wardrobe system that allows you to bind armor and weapon skins to your wardrobe storage. Obviously, Arena Net wants people to at least consider buying cosmetics from the store, so the system would be similar to the bank or inventory slots. You have limited space to store your registered skins, you can mix and match any armor piece (Armor-classes and weapons obviously restricted) To “bind” gear to the wardrobe, you need transmutation stones. 79 and under gear would be bound via regular stones, 80 gear you need fine transmutations. Clicking your town clothes panel would open up your wardrobe box with clothes you’ve bound listed inside to be dragged onto the armor slots that would overlay your actual gear.
Why this would be awesome – It will create variety. In Lord of the Rings online, one of the best things was being able to hang on to armor that looked awesome that you found while leveling. In one fell swoop, people were able to customize how they look and developers could feel warm and fuzzy that they could have cool looking gear spread out across the entire leveling experience and people could keep the look if they wanted it.

It would give regular transmutation stones a value to people who already are max level on their characters, and also make people more likely to buy fine transmutation stones to bind a cool piece of armor to their wardrobe. The town clothing button would become your outfit button, your outfit would persist outside of towns and clothing bought from the black lion post would be mixable with clothing found out from questing / dungeons.
The current town outfit system is barely used, and I think its kind of annoying that many people (myself included) have dozens of regular trans. stones we have no use for. Overall, Arena Net could only benefit by giving people more incentive to buy cosmetics and stones off the auction hall for their oufits. Thoughts? I could definitely mix up some mock-up screenshots if this catches on.

*TL;DR – * Turn the Town Clothes into an outfit overlay that would give people a reason to buy/use transmutation stones and cosmetics off the B.L post."

(edited by afoot.6932)