Improvements to the Preview System

in Suggestions

Posted by: MoistyLotion.8914

MoistyLotion.8914

One of the things that have always irked me about this game is the incompleteness of the preview page. You know, that page where you try on a new dye; or maybe that cool weapon your friend linked to you.

I’m sure these suggestions have been mentioned many times, but I just want to emphasize what a great improvement to the game these would be.

Please make the preview page fully customizable in terms of dyes. Each armor should have their own slots for dyes, just like the Hero page. This way, players will feel better about buying dyes, and in general, make more informed decisions when purchasing armor and transmutation stones. Players will also feel less restricted when testing multiple dyes. All in all, this will enrich the recreational aspect of the game dramatically.

On another note, previewing dual weapons would be a simple change that unlocks the preview page to an entirely new group of people; people who dual wield.

Lastly, please make previews available for the Self-style Hair Kit and the Total Makeover Kit. The reason players buy these kits (which are quite expensive) is to change something about their character that they don’t like. How exactly are players supposed to do that when they aren’t confident about the outcome? We want to know what we’re going to look like before we buy the kit; not after. We want to know if the changes we have in mind actually improve the look of our toon.

When it comes to purchasing something with either in-game currency or real money, there should never be any second guessing. With the current holes in the preview system, players are buying dyes, armor, and kits with the mindset of “this dye and armor combo might turn out okay,” or “this kit should fix up my face, hopefully”. Let’s change that by plugging these holes, ensuring that players make the right choice when it comes to their look.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

when i preveiw armor i want it to look like the dyes i already have, that would be enough for me

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mist Y.5214

Mist Y.5214

when i preveiw armor i want it to look like the dyes i already have, that would be enough for me

Yes but that’s just you – personally I want to preview a dye before I spend several gold on it…

in Suggestions

MoistyLotion.8914

I don’t see how this would be a bad idea; all it does is help players make more informed decisions when purchasing things.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Euthymia.4807

Euthymia.4807

For the make over kit they WANT you to buy it. Having you be able to see if the changes you want to make are good or bad BEFORE buying it and then deciding not to buy it after all is counter productive to their goal.

I was happy enough to find out that changes you make don’t use up the kit until AFTER you accept them. I’ve been burned in other games where just opening the kit to see what options were available used the kit up.

in Suggestions

MoistyLotion.8914

I’m sure that many people such as myself aren’t buying the kit because they are not able to preview it.

Adding a preview option to this shouldn’t be seen as closing doors for sales, but should be seen as opening doors for an entirely new audience.