Incoming New Races.

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Israfyl.9230

Israfyl.9230

Well since Colin Johanson, stated in his interview with Matt that they will introduce new races some times based on what people want most, i though of giving my voice/vote/opinion/love for my favorite races that i would wish to play them.

-Largos/New Heavy Class <——- (i know both of them can come really late, but it is just my opinion)

-Undead/Guardian <——-(i realy do love playing an undead race, and i hope they introduce one so soon :>)

-Quaggan/Thief <——-(For the laughs. and its going to be fun )

(btw this isn’t a list with priorities, i love them all the same, and i wish to play them all)

although i know that most of all reject the idea of the Quaggan race, and they say that it is minor, and Colin said that they might bring in a most wanted race, so i though it isn’t going to hurt if u put it up in there,however this has been my opinion and now i am eager to see what you guys are going to choose

Elonian at Heart

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I believe the two races that are popular are Tengu and Largos. Dont really see the appeal with Largos myself tbh. Tengu would be amazing though.

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

I’m still holding out for Skritt. I don’t care about lagistics, I just want Skritt.

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

The only proper source of undead in GW2 would be Risen. And those aren’t even a race. Not to mention Risen are Zhaitan’s minions.

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The only proper source of undead in GW2 would be Risen. And those aren’t even a race. Not to mention Risen are Zhaitan’s minions.

There are non-Orrian undead as well.
Half of Elona (more or less) is full of Undead for one.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

I’m hoping for Dwarves, however unrealistic that hope is. I love Dwarves. Their beards, man. They’ll get along famously with the Norn.

The trick is that they never left their stone forms. Armor merely changes the pattern of ores and crystals inset in your body, the chiseling of your stone to emulate armor and whatnot. It’d be complicated and time-consuming for devs to make from scratch, but I know it can be done. It’s just a matter of whether or not Anet wants to do that or not.

I respect either decision. Not a simple matter to make an NPC walk down a street, to say nothing of making a new race.

In absence of Dwarves, I like the Largos. The Tethyos Houses sound to be interesting chaps and their environment would herald more underwater zones, something great about this game.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Israfyl.9230

Elona is a good candidate for an Undead race, this might be because of Palawa Joko’s Sorcery. (I mean who knows, for example we might play the new Undead race, and rebel against Palawa for instance)

Elonian at Heart

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

Centaurs! or skritt…

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Midnight Gypsy.9360

Midnight Gypsy.9360

I never heard Colin say they will bring in the most wanted race, I heard him say they are exploring races to see if they could be made to be playable and if so which one to make playable first. Some of the said races could not be made playable based on what Anet whats them to be. I believe that the only races that really stand a chance are Largos, Tengu and Kodan.

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Largos-MUST-be-a-new-race/page/5#post2811551 Read about the Largos we’ve covered just about all of the pros and cons here.

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Israfyl.9230

I never heard Colin say they will bring in the most wanted race, I heard him say they are exploring races to see if they could be made to be playable and if so which one to make playable first. Some of the said races could not be made playable based on what Anet whats them to be. I believe that the only races that really stand a chance are Largos, Tengu and Kodan.

Watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy7CcwnfUdU at min 14:45
" Whatever race that we decide to add to the game first, will be one from that core pool that People have been talking about regularly"-Colin Johanson.

So basicly if we as the people are talking/asking them about any of those races, i guess Anet wouldn’t mind adding them.

Elonian at Heart

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Israfyl.9230

I’m still holding out for Skritt. I don’t care about lagistics, I just want Skritt.

SHINIES!!! \(^u^)/
i guess there might be a Skritt Ele/Engineer for me then xD

Elonian at Heart

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

I’m hoping for Dwarves, however unrealistic that hope is. I love Dwarves. Their beards, man. They’ll get along famously with the Norn.

The trick is that they never left their stone forms. Armor merely changes the pattern of ores and crystals inset in your body, the chiseling of your stone to emulate armor and whatnot. It’d be complicated and time-consuming for devs to make from scratch, but I know it can be done. It’s just a matter of whether or not Anet wants to do that or not.

I respect either decision. Not a simple matter to make an NPC walk down a street, to say nothing of making a new race.

In absence of Dwarves, I like the Largos. The Tethyos Houses sound to be interesting chaps and their environment would herald more underwater zones, something great about this game.

I agree with you regarding playing Dwarves. I know my entire guild would return if we could play our favorite race. In fact Ive been waiting ever since gw2 was released to one day play my personal favorite fantasy race.

Far as lore I can see the ritual being reversed, or leave us in stone form with our hive collective conscious. Perhaps the living story could be the Dwarf advancing to release the ritual freeing him or her from the ritual’s spell.

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

Watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy7CcwnfUdU at min 14:45
" Whatever race that we decide to add to the game first, will be one from that core pool that People have been talking about regularly"-Colin Johanson.

So basicly if we as the people are talking/asking them about any of those races, i guess Anet wouldn’t mind adding them.

I did see it, he said there is a core group of races that people have been asking for, likely Largos, Kodan and Tengu that they will decide from. Not like if Kodan gets one more vote than Tengu, Kodan is going to be the first playable race. I still don’t believe minor races will be playable, he did say they get a laugh out of some of the races that people suggest. So it’s not just about what people ask for. And I really doubt that they get a laugh out of Tengu Kodan, or Largos.

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Here’s my 2 cents

Races I’d love to see (in order)
Kodan – They fit in the lore, are friendly to the other playable races, there are plenty of them around, and they already hang out in LA from time to time. From a technical perspective, they also have some in-game models and animations done.

Tengu/Largos – A mysterious pair of races, they both have a sort of “cool factor” that’s difficult to verbalize or quantify.

Dwarves – A bit of difficulty given the stone-form lore, but do-able I suppose. They could make for a good addition.

Races I never want to see
Quaggan – They’re horrible. It’s a personal preference I know, but I feel like this weak and worthless race should, by all rights, have been wiped out by the Krait and other predators long ago.

Skritt – I dont hate skritt, but they make no sense as a playable race, since their intelligence is based on the number of skritt.

Centaur – A 4 legged race would just look silly doing jumping puzzles, dodge rolling, and such. Lorewise, 99% of centaur HATE humans and their allies.

Other Misc Ideas
Free-Will Branded/Icebrood/Undead: The in-game lore has shown us that it’s possible (albeit under extraordinary circumstances) to break the dragons hold over these transformed creatures. It’s not unthinkable that were this to occur en-masse, the possibility for them to become a playable race exists.

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Israfyl.9230

I still don’t believe minor races will be playable, he did say they get a laugh out of some of the races that people suggest. So it’s not just about what people ask for. And I really doubt that they get a laugh out of Tengu Kodan, or Largos.

First of all, my whole point wasn’t about “the first new race to be playable”, it was about the races that we the players/people wish to play and enjoy
Second, we will not lose anything if we wished and hoped, would we?

I did see it, he said there is a core group of races that people have been asking for, likely Largos, Kodan and Tengu that they will decide from. Not like if Kodan gets one more vote than Tengu, Kodan is going to be the first playable race.

the thing is, we do our part as players (forums, suggestions, etc), and leave them do their part as game developers, and hopefully that they will go the direction that will benefit the game the most, If they shoot (put in) any of my favorite races ill be extremely happy, if not ill just wait, because i know they might do so one day. (plus as weird as this might sound, they didn’t specifically say that “Largos, Tengu and Kodan” are only races in that core group )

Elonian at Heart

(edited by Israfyl.9230)

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

I still don’t believe minor races will be playable, he did say they get a laugh out of some of the races that people suggest. So it’s not just about what people ask for. And I really doubt that they get a laugh out of Tengu Kodan, or Largos.

First of all, my whole point wasn’t about “the first new race to be playable”, it was about the races that we the players/people wish to play and enjoy
Second, we will not lose anything if we wished and hoped, would we?

I did see it, he said there is a core group of races that people have been asking for, likely Largos, Kodan and Tengu that they will decide from. Not like if Kodan gets one more vote than Tengu, Kodan is going to be the first playable race.

the thing is, we do our part as players (forums, suggestions, etc), and leave them do their part as game developers, and hopefully that they will go the direction that will benefit the game the most, If they shoot (put in) any of my favorite races ill be extremely happy, if not ill just wait, because i know they might do so one day. (plus as weird as this might sound, they didn’t specifically say that “Largos, Tengu and Kodan” are only races in that core group )

Is there another core that is suggested together? I know the Tengu, Kodan and Largos are suggested together most of the time. They are the core group in my opinion, and have the best chance to be playable. Everyone else has theirs. They are the only races that are not an enemy race or a minor race that exist in the game world. Minor races are called minor races in game and by Anet bc they do not fit in with the playable races. Anet is not likely to add a race that is not in the game already, as it’s very clear they like to use what they have before they make new races.

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Israfyl.9230

Is there another core that is suggested together? I know the Tengu, Kodan and Largos are suggested together most of the time. They are the core group in my opinion, and have the best chance to be playable. Everyone else has theirs. They are the only races that are not an enemy race or a minor race that exist in the game world. Minor races are called minor races in game and by Anet bc they do not fit in with the playable races. Anet is not likely to add a race that is not in the game already, as it’s very clear they like to use what they have before they make new races.

hehe, lets not jump to conclusions, when they state any where that the core group is those 3 races only i will belive that, till they do so, I won’t, thats my own opinion, as you had yours, as for enemy race or a race that isn’t included in the game, i get that you are referring to the Undead, well we all know that there might be the Elonian Undead, and some time later they can come to existance, there is nothing stopping Anet from implementing this race in the future, and as I said before, until I see them post or talk about not having it implemented I will believe so.

Elonian at Heart

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Here’s my 2 cents

Races I’d love to see (in order)
Kodan – They fit in the lore, are friendly to the other playable races, there are plenty of them around, and they already hang out in LA from time to time. From a technical perspective, they also have some in-game models and animations done.

Tengu/Largos – A mysterious pair of races, they both have a sort of “cool factor” that’s difficult to verbalize or quantify.

Dwarves – A bit of difficulty given the stone-form lore, but do-able I suppose. They could make for a good addition.

Totally on board with Tengu, Largos, and Dwarves. Not kodan however. I don’t want another giant race making JP’s and other things more difficult because of camera issues and others you have mentioned below about the centaurs. Simply too big IMO. I think they are fine, but I would much rather see the Tengu who have a rich GW history.

Races I never want to see
Quaggan – They’re horrible. It’s a personal preference I know, but I feel like this weak and worthless race should, by all rights, have been wiped out by the Krait and other predators long ago.

Skritt – I dont hate skritt, but they make no sense as a playable race, since their intelligence is based on the number of skritt.

Centaur – A 4 legged race would just look silly doing jumping puzzles, dodge rolling, and such. Lorewise, 99% of centaur HATE humans and their allies.

Skritt: I feel the same way.
Centaur: I also feel the same way on this race.
Quaggan: Amen, amen, amen, amen, amen and amen. Did I say ‘Amen’ yet? Amen. These are the freaking Ewoks and Jar-Jar Binks’ of the GW universe. I would hate them being a playable race.

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

Until they come out saying that an enemy race or a minor race will be playable I will not believe it. The choices are Largos, Tengu and Kodan as the first new races. I was not just talking about undead, but Krait , Centaurs and so on. Until Anet somehow promotes them as a non enemy race, or promotes the minor races as equal to the playable ones they wont be playable. The races I said are not viewed as a minor race or an enemy race making them much more likely to be playable due to not being labeled for a pacific role in the game already, but existing. Could that all change? Yes, but not before Anet uses what they still have. The Char were an enemy race, but lo 250 years later and a new game they are playable.

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: dragonkain.3984

dragonkain.3984

+1 for Tengu and… KRAIT! yeah, i would like to see a naga-like race in a mmo at least once for a change.

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Israfyl.9230

Exactly, you have taken the exact words out of my mouth Gypsy

Elonian at Heart

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

I doubt that anything other than Tengu, Largos or Kodan will be first.

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Israfyl.9230

I vote for Largos First. ( although i have a feeling that they will implement the Tengu first)

Elonian at Heart

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

With Skritt as the new playable race, possibly everyone (and their mum’s) would roll one making skritt intelligence based on numbers a bit of a moot point.
Skritt also already have a home city, Skrittsburgh.
They also appear to use a similar character model to that of the charr so incorporating them ingame shouldn’t be that much of an issue – most of the work being done already.

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

I have such a passionate dislike for the Quaggan, or maybe it’s just a passionate dislike for people going gaga over how cute they are that I would seriously have a hard time logging in if there were Quaggan everywhere.

I’d love to see Kodan, but I think they are too close to the Norn and not likely because of that. I’m not big on the Tengu, I have nothing against them but a bird race just doesn’t appeal to me but I’d be fine if they were added in as a race. Skritt I find mildly amusing but not so appealing as a player class but again I wouldn’t be distraught if they were added as a race.

Just no Quaggan, please. I am begging!

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

I’m on board for tengu, and I guess largos may be interesting.

But quaggan, krait and centaur.. that’s a big resounding no thanks. Skritt, not too sure.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Until they come out saying that an enemy race or a minor race will be playable I will not believe it. The choices are Largos, Tengu and Kodan as the first new races. I was not just talking about undead, but Krait , Centaurs and so on. Until Anet somehow promotes them as a non enemy race, or promotes the minor races as equal to the playable ones they wont be playable. The races I said are not viewed as a minor race or an enemy race making them much more likely to be playable due to not being labeled for a pacific role in the game already, but existing. Could that all change? Yes, but not before Anet uses what they still have. The Char were an enemy race, but lo 250 years later and a new game they are playable.

Minor races you have point but, about enemy races it doesn’t even matter. Why you ask? Because each major race has a group that consist of itself as the enemy. Flame legion for Charr, Nightmare Court Sylvari, Bandits (and others) for Humans, Sons of Svanir for Norn, and the Inquest for the Asura. Aetherblades consist of each playable race and they are an enemy faction. No promotion is needed to non aggressor at all. I think the devs will do as they said, Whatever it seems the player base wants they will put in the game.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

I will say this once….

THIS IS NOT WORLD OF WARCRAFT. IF YOU WANT TO PLAY UNDEAD OR AN EVIL RACE, GO PLAY WORLD OF FREAKING WARCRAFT OR WILDSTAR WHEN IT RELEASES!

I an guessing that in this order::

1) Tengu
2) Kodan
3) Largos (if we get an expansion that deals with bubbles)
4) Something totally random it just catches everyone off guard.
5) Such as Centaurs suddenly being good, or Unicorns
….
10,000,000) ‘Undead’

Alright, carry on then!

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Averath.6283

Averath.6283

I would love to see the Kodan added to the game as a playable race. Of all the races listed, they make the most sense as they already have some armor modeled for them.

Originally I would have liked to see the Tengu added as well, but after looking at them for an extended period of time I realized it would be rather difficult to map all of the armor pieces to the Tengu while still keeping the epic feel of the armor pieces themselves. The Tengu model doesn’t seem to inspire.

Skritt and Quaggans have already been touched on why it wouldn’t make sense for them to work.

Dwarves. We have plant people, why not stone people?

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirgreydono.9502

Sirgreydono.9502

I would love to see tengu and largos. Unlikely but i hope they will add kodan and dwarves too.

-Kaineng
Character: -Proudwulf- Human- Guardian

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

Minor races you have point but, about enemy races it doesn’t even matter. Why you ask? Because each major race has a group that consist of itself as the enemy. Flame legion for Charr, Nightmare Court Sylvari, Bandits (and others) for Humans, Sons of Svanir for Norn, and the Inquest for the Asura. Aetherblades consist of each playable race and they are an enemy faction. No promotion is needed to non aggressor at all. I think the devs will do as they said, Whatever it seems the player base wants they will put in the game.

They were all introed with the majority being good guys, the other enemies were giving to us as majority being bad guys. Big difference. We already know the playable races are good guys with a few bad ones, the enemy races are mostly bad guys, with unknown other tribes. For now in the game as it is they are bad guys and not to be playable anytime soon.

(edited by Midnight Gypsy.9360)

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Not in favor of largos at all. I’m in favor of tengu and hyleck.

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

The only thing that i can see is the Char being an all out enemy is GW1 and being playable in GW2, but that took 250 years and a new game. That’s about equal to whats being asked when asking for an enemy race to be playable, like Krait.

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: StriderShinryu.6923

StriderShinryu.6923

I’d love to see Kodan show up first, but I’m betting it will be the Tengu.

And please no undead. Just.. please, no.

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phoenix.7845

Phoenix.7845

I’d really like to play as a Wallow. Unfortunately they are from Cantha.

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Tengu will likely be the next race as there are clear entrances to their city . What i really wish i could play is a Seer though.We knew of at least 5 in GW1 who’s to say they couldn’t of made a come back by this time .

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I will say this once….

THIS IS NOT WORLD OF WARCRAFT. IF YOU WANT TO PLAY UNDEAD OR AN EVIL RACE, GO PLAY WORLD OF FREAKING WARCRAFT OR WILDSTAR WHEN IT RELEASES!

Indeed, this is not World of Warcraft, so why assume all undead are evil?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Because thus far all undead have been bar the reapers of grenth . Ghosts however are a different story

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

No tengu, I do not want to be bigbird :/
I want them to surprise me with the next race, like nothing we have seen before. Maybe not from tyria even.

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Chrispy.5641

I will say this once….

Indeed, this is not World of Warcraft, so why assume all undead are evil?

I am sorry for the fact that books filled with glitzy teen vampires and werewolves has made alot of people confuse what is good and evil. Instead its all about the ‘shades of gray’ inbetween.

that being said, the Undead in Guildwars, are all evil. Palawa Joko’s Undead Armies,…EVIL, but only slightly less evil than a Fallen God, or an Elder Dragon hellbent on consuming all magic in the world, just slightly less evil enough to free him and work with him, then 60 years later, probably regret that decision because all of Elona is conquered under his control.

Also, thats two undead factions in the game. Zhaitan’s, and Joko’s (not in the game exactly, but the lore is there). What? You want Anet to make everything stale and magically pop a third one out of the middle of nowhere?

There are some good ghosts in the game, but in what way is that going to be a faction big enough to make a whole new race out of? Not only that, but the Undead and Ghosts are just zombified (or transparent) versions of the races that already exist. THAT’S BORING!

We should have TENGU or KODAN first.

UNDEAD?…..NO! NO! A THOUSAND TIMES NO!

And yes, the last part of this post totally required the EXCESSIVE USE of CAPITAL LETTERS!

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Israfyl.9230

Well it is kinda good to see that some are stating there opinions and there wishes, but there is a thing i have to say, and that is this post was firstly made to state what you would wish to see in the game, and it wasn’t about what you would wish not, but as it seems there are some that keep crying about stuff they wouldn’t want to see, and belittling others for it, so please YOU guys, go make another post for stuff that you don’t want to see, and don’t spoil our Joy with your destructive speech.

Elonian at Heart

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Israfyl.9230

I mean, in my opinion i really do hate and despise the Tengu and the Kodan, but i don’t go and post i hope they don’t come in-game and act like a kitten because i know that there are people that will have fun playing with these races and they wish that they can do so soon.

Elonian at Heart

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Chrispy.5641

here’s the thing Israfyl,

Playing as an undead would be cool. Playing as a giant bird that looks like a Charr with feathers and a beak would be cool too. Playing as a sentient Polar/Kodiak/etc. bear would be cool as well. Playing as a faceless being of the deep oceans that wears a mask and has butterfly wings would be cool as well. But…can you make any point to justify their existence in the game?

You can justify Tengu, Kodan, and Largos because they are almost large enough to be on equal footing with the 5 major races. They don’t have the same Influence across Tyria that a Human or Norn, Charr, Asura, or Sylvari would have, but they are also not weak minor races that get instantly stomped all over the place by everyone else (Dragons and Major Races). They all have their own cultures, customs, and beliefs that while not entirely in the game, it would make sense if they were. even Skritt, Centaurs, Hylek, Ogres, Grawl, Jotun, Dredge, Krait, Yetis, and Quaggans could eventually be put in there in some way, if they weren’t so primitive/unintelligent/weak/evil/etc. by comparison to the major races, which could easily be expanded on in future guild wars games.

But Undead, which is just a mixed up mismash of the other races, and have no actual culture or religion (except worshipping their evil Necromantic masters, Palawa Joko or Zhaitan, Can’t leave that out), and there is absolutely nothing that makes them stand out from an actual race (other than their undying loyalty to their evil masters). An undead in Guild Wars 2 is no different than the Minions that the Necromancer Profession controls. They are easy to raise, easy to control, and above all else, expendable.

Now, if anyone on this thread wants to justify the existence of an Undead race that would be unique enough to warrant its existence and stand on equal footing with the 5 races already playable, then go for it. But, until someone does, I’m here to disagree with undead as a playable race

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: WhiteRose.6934

WhiteRose.6934

here’s the thing Israfyl,

Playing as an undead would be cool. Playing as a giant bird that looks like a Charr with feathers and a beak would be cool too. Playing as a sentient Polar/Kodiak/etc. bear would be cool as well. Playing as a faceless being of the deep oceans that wears a mask and has butterfly wings would be cool as well. But…can you make any point to justify their existence in the game?

You can justify Tengu, Kodan, and Largos because they are almost large enough to be on equal footing with the 5 major races. They don’t have the same Influence across Tyria that a Human or Norn, Charr, Asura, or Sylvari would have, but they are also not weak minor races that get instantly stomped all over the place by everyone else (Dragons and Major Races). They all have their own cultures, customs, and beliefs that while not entirely in the game, it would make sense if they were. even Skritt, Centaurs, Hylek, Ogres, Grawl, Jotun, Dredge, Krait, Yetis, and Quaggans could eventually be put in there in some way, if they weren’t so primitive/unintelligent/weak/evil/etc. by comparison to the major races, which could easily be expanded on in future guild wars games.

But Undead, which is just a mixed up mismash of the other races, and have no actual culture or religion (except worshipping their evil Necromantic masters, Palawa Joko or Zhaitan, Can’t leave that out), and there is absolutely nothing that makes them stand out from an actual race (other than their undying loyalty to their evil masters). An undead in Guild Wars 2 is no different than the Minions that the Necromancer Profession controls. They are easy to raise, easy to control, and above all else, expendable.

Now, if anyone on this thread wants to justify the existence of an Undead race that would be unique enough to warrant its existence and stand on equal footing with the 5 races already playable, then go for it. But, until someone does, I’m here to disagree with undead as a playable race

+1 sir or madam for a wonderfully thought out and presented post.

Genesis Theory [GT] – Henge of Denravi

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Israfyl.9230

You have a point there, but the thing is, I said that I wish and it would make me happy if I were able to play an Undead race, i didn’t go and justify that, while it still can’t be justified in the game it self at the moment, Zhaitan’s minions nope, Palawa Joko’s seems like a nope too, but what I was actually depending on, was the Elonian part, I mean Palawa has plagued Elona so there is a chance there that Anet can Justify that, who knows what race we would get out of there when we arrive, I just wished to enjoy playing an Undead race in a Game that i love.

Edit: Anet has full power to do whatever they want over there and here, i was just expressing my needs and I don’t see any other candidate race from Elona, i will also be happy and interested if they gave us a glimpse of new upcoming races other than the current 3 we have, not you or me can say what will happen in the future.

Elonian at Heart

(edited by Israfyl.9230)

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: jayb.1329

jayb.1329

Tengu plz.

Largos are essentially humans or sylvari with wings and Kodan are Norn with polar bear faces. Im interested in them from a lore standpoint but other than that I don’t really want just another human variation

…i’d be interested in hylek as well.

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Tengu, Krait, Centaurs, that order of desire. I could live with some form of genocidal disaster that removed the skritt and quaggans from the game.

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Again such a thread, where people are begging for those silly races, which have already been told a million times, that they never will become playable, as they are INTENDED to be 100% only classes that make up an appearance only in the personal story either as enemies of the playable races or as alllies of the personal story.

The best thing Anet should do is just implement Tengus, then make big war like living story thats based on a harbinger of a new elder dragon (one of their super champions appearing as a new world boss) which story annihilates mostly all kodan (except the one for dungeon making him the last one of his race and thus destined to be extinctioned/unplayable) anf if they feel of ever implementing more new playable races, that they implement to the game something, that is 100% completely new and unique that has never been seen before in the game that has been designed from the scrach new, because such new playable races are for a game like GW2 the most best that anet could do to keep the game as unique and interesting as possible!

We have so much unexplored places in Tyria with its absolute huge map where we don’t know, what for unseen races could live there.
Please don’t throw away this big chance to stay unique by hearing on this comminity QQ and waste that oppurtunity by recycling tons of stupid already existign races that play no role, other then being part of the personal story or beign enemies…

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Incoming New Races.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

+1 for Tengu and… KRAIT! yeah, i would like to see a naga-like race in a mmo at least once for a change.

Krait cannot jump. At all.

So no.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears