Instance Owners - remove this feature

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

In a party system where anybody can join or invite each other, and the “party leader” has no special privileges or authority, I cannot fathom why arena net decided to enforce this “party owner” system, where if the person who first runs into the instance logs out or leaves the instance, the entire group gets kicked out and the dungeon resets. (unless it has completed).

Can somebody suggest why this is a good idea and why this has been implemented? If not, I suggest to anet to remove this pointless annoying feature which is inconsistent with how groups are formed and used in gw2.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheLazyOne.8509

TheLazyOne.8509

Yeah I missed out on some dungeon boss chests because the owner immediately left and I was busy sorting stuff.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

correction, even if dungeon has completed it still seems to kick people out when the instance starter leaves. seriously guys, sort this out.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lodovicus.1562

Lodovicus.1562

+1

Had a couple of instances lately whereby the person that started the dungeon has pretty much decided to go AFK halfway through the dungeon, leaving 4 people to finish the rest of it whilst he goes off and does something else.

Left with the choice of either finishing it a man down, or kicking the freeloader and resetting the instance.

in Suggestions

Posted by: dobbo.9564

dobbo.9564

Yeah I agree.
Been in a few groups where the owner was in a rush to leave and people left out on the chest. Also got disconnected and we all got kicked. Should definitely be something to prevent that happening.

in Suggestions

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

I’m confused by this tbh as it seems to me that it’s bugged. Twice in the past week i’ve been the instance owner. The first time i got DC’d but no one got kicked from the instance (no reset too) and the second i left before one or two others after we completed it and they didn’t get kicked and there wasn’t a reset.

Been meaning to test it tbh.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

I’m confused by this tbh as it seems to me that it’s bugged. Twice in the past week i’ve been the instance owner. The first time i got DC’d but no one got kicked from the instance (no reset too) and the second i left before one or two others after we completed it and they didn’t get kicked and there wasn’t a reset.

Been meaning to test it tbh.

Then they probably weren’t the Instance Owner

It is a recognized problem one that Anet replied to me about saying that they are looking for a fix but have no timetable on, which is sad and annoying, it should be higher up the list cause one day some people will stop going into fract’s and dungeons cause they get annoyed with the situation.