Instrument Volume; Reject duel

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Basically really simple;

Introduce open world dueling (something that imho should have been since day one) and give people the option to check a box that says:

[x] Automatically reject any duels.

No, I dont want to go to sPvP to fight with sPvP gear, stat combination, no foods, limited stats limits, no runes, no good-looking gear and weapons I worked really hard to get, with prefixed stats. I want to fight in the open world at the feet of the defeated Jormag, or in Queensdale, or on top of the defeat Golem.

Simple really, dont like duels, check the box! Fear it will kill the immersion? Well, Im sure pink quaggan backpacks are quite immersing, in a world of world-eating Dragons….. I mean, wouldnt you rather have people training with each other to strengthen each other out for the future , in which you will be fighting shoulder to shoulder with? Would you rather watch them march into battle with a pink backpack or a sharp sword?!

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in Suggestions

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

there should be an option to invite someone to duel in the open world.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

You can duel people in a game of drinking though. :P

We don’t have guild halls so we can’t duel. If we dueled in open world the lionguard would arrest us for disturbing the peace.

I vote yes for guild halls with dueling.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Suggestions

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Duelling in open world?
No please not. I have played games that have this and I left those games just for that. It is childish and totally boring games played by lil boys that try to have a peeing contest. Yes I know you can decline, but that results in them chasing you around and shouting in mapchat/local chat what a chicken you are. even if you have it unticked, they do that.

I know that there are very adult people who like to duel and do it in a respectfull way, but those lil kids have 100% ruined it too many times to have any trust it will be better in GW2. The day it would be implemented I would leave the game I love a lot.

If you are want to have an option to duel amongst guildmates in a guildhall. Then my answer would be why not.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

in Suggestions

Fortus.6175

Duelling in open world?
No please not. I have played games that have this and I left those games just for that. It is childish and totally boring games played by lil boys that try to have a peeing contest. Yes I know you can decline, but that results in them chasing you around and shouting in mapchat/local chat what a chicken you are. even if you have it unticked, they do that.

I know that there are very adult people who like to duel and do it in a respectfull way, but those lil kids have 100% ruined it too many times to have any trust it will be better in GW2. The day it would be implemented I would leave the game I love a lot.

If you are want to have an option to duel amongst guildmates in a guildhall. Then my answer would be why not.

Well man, Im sorry to say this but, I think you just had some really bad experiences and are just generalizing. I have played plenty of MMOs that have had duels and never did I have this issue. They are bothering you in all-chat? Report, ignore and move on. They wont stop? Report them, just like you would report a gold-digger asking for money in all chat and saying all those stuff you are saying.

Childish? I dont know, man, thats like….your opinion. I find duels just another integral part of an MMO with interacting players, like I seriously cant find anything childish in a duel, if anything, back then, duels were something “real tough men” would do to settle their issues, I dont know how it evolve as childish to you. I recommend you surround yourself with better friends because I have not seen that kind of behavior in this community.

And please, dont “threat” us all by saying you will be leaving. You are in fact (i bet to say) a minority that doesnt want this implemented, and we know we cant catter to everyone no matter what we do. It is just a matter to getting used to it. If the implementation of a much-needed social function is enough to make you quit the game, then perhaps you are already staying for the wrong reasons

This goes to all the LFG tool ‘haters’ before it was implemented: “not necessary, will lead to trolling, kills immersion….blabla [insert another non-factual excuse here]”

Like I said, I seriously cant see a drawback to this

Legendary SoloQ

(edited by Fortus.6175)

in Suggestions

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Duelling in open world?

Well man, Im sorry to say this but, I think you just had some really bad experiences and are just generalizing. I have played plenty of MMOs that have had duels and never did I have this issue. They are bothering you in all-chat? Report and move on. They wont stop? Report them, just like you would report a gold-digger asking for money in all chat and saying all those stuff you are saying.

Childish? I dont know, man, thats like….your opinion. I find duels just another integral part of an MMO with interacting players, like I seriously cant find anything childish in a duel, if anything, back then, duels were something “real tough men” would do to settle their issues, I dont know how it evolve as childish to you. I recommend you surround yourself with better friends because I have not seen that kind of behavior in this community.

And please, dont “threat” us all by saying you will be leaving. You are in fact (i bet to say) a minority that doesnt want this implemented, and we know we cant catter to everyone no matter what we do. It is just a matter to getting used to it. If the implementation of a much-needed social function is enough to make you quit the game, then perhaps you are already staying for the wrong reasons

This goes to all the LFG tool hater before it was implemented: “not necessary, will lead to trolling, kills immersion….blabla [insert another non-factual excuse here]”

Like I said, I seriously can see a drawback to this

How dare you call me a minority. This has been suggested several times in the suggestion forum (where this actually belongs). These threads had bout 2-3 loves, and 100’s of hates!
And all for the reasons I sad. No it is not just bad luck. And your persistence is actually proving my point. I also stated that I am for duelling, but not in the open world, but in GH’s.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

Duelling in open world?

I agree with you, but the problem is we cant try our awesome looking legendary and armor in PvP yet, so dueling would be fun just for that…

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

in Suggestions

Fortus.6175

How dare you call me a minority. This has been suggested several times in the suggestion forum (where this actually belongs). These threads had bout 2-3 loves, and 100’s of hates!
And all for the reasons I sad. No it is not just bad luck. And your persistence is actually proving my point. I also stated that I am for duelling, but not in the open world, but in GH’s.

Im sorry if I offneded you! And I remember the LFG was also “shot-down” several times by many members of the community, and Im talking about massive [+]s!

Persistence? Cmon man, im just defending my point, you dont expect to come to my thread, go agaisnt my point and expect me to not do a refutal! I think i know the problem now; your threashold for “persistence” is low. Anything that goes agaisnt your point is already a “persistance”, perhaps….?

Anyways, lets not derail the thread! Thank you for agreeing to duels in GH, Im also with you, in fact, sure I would love to have it in GH, but my ambitions goes beyond that, and into beautiful places, places in the map that otherwise would go unnoticed.

Yes, all those lvl 40-lvl 70 abandoned zones with beautiful landscape, I want to fight there! I want pretty escenography for videos and for myself.

We are on the same book, Im just one chapter ahead

Legendary SoloQ

in Suggestions

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Im sorry if I offneded you! And I remember the LFG was also “shot-down” several times by many members of the community, and Im talking about massive [+]s!

Persistence? Cmon man, im just defending my point, you dont expect to come to my thread, go agaisnt my point and expect me to not do a refutal! I think i know the problem now; your threashold for “persistence” is low. Anything that goes agaisnt your point is already a “persistance”, perhaps….?

Anyways, lets not derail the thread! Thank you for agreeing to duels in GH, Im also with you, in fact, sure I would love to have it in GH, but my ambitions goes beyond that, and into beautiful places, places in the map that otherwise would go unnoticed.

Yes, all those lvl 40-lvl 70 abandoned zones with beautiful landscape, I want to fight there! I want pretty escenography for videos and for myself.

We are on the same book, Im just one chapter ahead

The main problem is most of us have already seen the dozens of threads on this same subject, the hundreds upon hundreds of posts, (mostly all saying no) and just are sick of hearing about it any longer. suggestions belong in the suggestions thread, where all of the previous threads have been moved to, as this one will be very shortly.

You see, your coming late to the table. We have all discussed this before, so MANY times before, so when another thread about this is posted all we see is "oh no, not another one of “those” threads".

in Suggestions

Fortus.6175

Yah Im aware that soon this thread will be killed at the suggestion graveyard but my hopes is to take the message to the people that still care about this, that there still [plenty] people fighting for amazing duels in amazing places with our amazing stats and armors. Your contribution to it does more than you think. Yeah you can call it “just another thread”, but I think thats more than nough prove that perhaps….just maybe, something should be done about it instead of ignoring it (?)

Like I said, people didnt want intruments and LFG, you have the option to ignore those, why cant we do the same for duels? It follows the same line of thought

Legendary SoloQ

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Not quite the same line of thoughts as instruments. People who play instruments don’t impinge on anything else at all. If my volume is down, I don’t even know they’re there.

My experience with dueling and people who duel is largely negative. The type of player I’ve met in the past who loves dueling is precisely the type of player I generally want nothing to do with.

Many of us got a great love of dueling from Goldshire in WoW. There are a lot of idiots there, and they made everyone’s life hell.

But the bottom line is, I’d only support dueling in designated areas.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

Duelling in open world?

However the convenient scientific factor to being able to test builds against players 1v1 in any environment at any time would be beneficial to some degree.

Not that I’m saying that the combat is complex enough to warrant such a thought, but here’s to dreaming.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, you can duel in your PvE gear in the new area next week.

‘Along with that, we’ve added a new arena space to the Obsidian Sanctum where opposing groups of players can meet up for combat.’

So, you can just ask anyone there if they want to duel. =)

I am opposed to dueling taking place just anywhere in the world. This is a compromise between the two opposing factions.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I would leave the game if open world dueling started. I play this game only because of the fact that there are specific areas…that can be 100% avoided…for dueling. It would be utterly annoying and unfun for me to constantly have to deal with players wanting to kill me along with the mobs i already have to take on. If i want to fight other players i go WvW or PvP. In WvW you can duel with your special little legendaries and all your own gear so really there is no reason for PvE world dueling.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

I think the open world environments in this game are as fantastic as they are underutilized, and i would love to duel people in them.

I understand the reasons people are against dueling. But frankly, I don’t think those reasons hold enough weight to justify advocating against dueling.

-Duel request spams
-Duel combat interfering with normal play
-The “atmosphere” created around a new way to compete or a competitive environment in general.

I see and understand that those may be issues, but i don’t think they are significant enough. It’s basically potential flaws people find in the implementation of dueling and then exaggerate the impact it will have on their personal well-being in the game.

Suck it up and don’t duel if you don’t want to. Plenty of other people want to duel and take no issue with the fact you don’t want to duel.

in Suggestions

Fortus.6175

I think the open world environments in this game are as fantastic as they are underutilized, and i would love to duel people in them.

I understand the reasons people are against dueling. But frankly, I don’t think those reasons hold enough weight to justify advocating against dueling.

-Duel request spams
-Duel combat interfering with normal play
-The “atmosphere” created around a new way to compete or a competitive environment in general.

I see and understand that those may be issues, but i don’t think they are significant enough. It’s basically potential flaws people find in the implementation of dueling and then exaggerate the impact it will have on their personal well-being in the game.

Suck it up and don’t duel if you don’t want to. Plenty of other people want to duel and take no issue with the fact you don’t want to duel.

Legendary SoloQ

in Suggestions

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

Dear forum moderators – can we pretty please get all of these duplicate threads a sticky or even better start a new section of the forums called “The Dead Horse”.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]