Intensely Aggravating PvE creature re-spawns

in Suggestions

Posted by: ElixireL.5190

ElixireL.5190

If I am repeating myself, I apologize. I nearly deleted the game from my machine last night.

This is an unbelievably cheap game design choice, and I wonder about the developer’s state of mind when he/she put those values in for the respawn timers in many locations.

It is seriously killing my appetite for what is otherwise a wonderful game. . . And I haven’t been to Orr yet, where I hear the problem reaches hellish proportions.

I understand the idea is to provide a relentless and intense experience but this isn’t a zombie shooter game, PLEASE

In some areas creatures and enemies re-spawn in about 15 seconds, which means you go from having cleared an area with a lot of effort, and have all your skills on cooldown, to being surrounded by the things you just killed.

When that area happens to contain a place of power that you are there to commune with for a skill point, and as this process takes 4-5 seconds and is interrupted if you get hit, things can get extremely irritating for solo players. I wish i could have recorded my session last night where i had t kill a Veteran/Champion whatever , and its 5 bodyguards TWICE in 5 minutes in a crazy attempt to get that skill point. If I hadn’t just upgraded my armor i would have died a cheap video game death.

I have even had occasions where the thing I just killed would literally respawn immediately before my eyes!!!!

Atrocious game design. Want a suggestion from me? Leave the bodies where they are and add a visible re-spawn timer when you hover the mouse over each so you know how much time you have to get out of there or fight again…

Most importantly PLEASE increase those re-spawn times in PvE or provide more powerful versions of skills with shorter cool-downs for playing the zombie game in PvE mode .

PLEASE fix this, for the love of gaming.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taril.8619

Taril.8619

Don’t increase re-spawn times!!

Instead, make it so re-spawning enemies are suppressed in X radius of human players.

Thus not affecting trying to do renown hearts but at the same time preventing the frustrating “Spawn on your face” problem in ALL areas of the game.

“Pull the trigger, move out ahead,
There’s two kinds of people… The quick and the dead”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

There was an earlier thread about this, the TL;DR version is:
- Respawn times are NOT 15s outisde of events, 95-120s is the typical range
- A lot of factors can make the respawn seem faster—if monsters in the same spawn group are being killed elsewhere they might respawn in your location (they don’t reappear in the same spot)
- Closed locations like caves can make you run over the same area repeatedly, causing you encounter respawns where you would normally (in an open area) have already moved on
- Orr in general is a known problem, and the base spawns are being toned down as I type this

In general, if you can provide a specific location where the respawn rate seems out of whack, I can look at it, but in almost every case I’ve looked at, the respawn times were well over a minute.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

But in the case this guy’s complaining about, a Champ+5 pack it’s highly probable that by the time a soloer managed to kill all 6 of them the first has respawned even on a 2 min timer!.

Unless the WHOLE PACK is on a timer when the last dies then your observation, though perhaps correct on a per-mob basis doesn’t answer this type of case.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

There seem to be some bugs in the respawn. Sometimes you can kill a monster and it immediately respawns — as if the timer start is tied to the point that the mob came into the world instead of to the time it died and the respawn time has already elapsed. As soon as the monster dies it is replaced. If you kill the creature again there is usually a reprieve, but there are many times when mob death seems to immediately trigger respawn. I don’t have video recording or I would try to get you some footage, but it definitely does happen.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

The issue that most people have is mostly the following:
- I encounter a Veteran opponent
- I kill some of his buddies (Takes, let’s say 45 seconds to kill a couple dudes)
- I fight and kill the veteran (Takes roughly 2 minutes)
- The buddies I just killed to make the Veteran fight easier have now respawned

This gives the illusion of “enemies I just killed respawning before my very eyes”, and most players, without thinking beyond “OMG JUST KILLED YOU” and raging, as seen in the OP. No one is really sure how exactly respawns work for areas because we’re not ANet, but I think in general it would be better if enemies in an area don’t start their respawn timers until there are no longer any enemies in the area, or something along those lines.

Here’s one instance where this happens a lot, Jeff:
Outside Owain’s Refuge in Southsun Cove, there is a little canyon area where there are a lot of Young Karka. Typically, I’ll fight these Karka, and as I fight them, others patrol into me. That’s no big deal. However, many times there are enough Karka that I cannot kill them fast enough before the first ones I killed start respawning. This isn’t to say that, individually, their respawn timers are too short (indeed, I think they respawn fine), but that when you fight a group and cant kill them simultaneously (it’s easier to kill them one by one as it lessens the damage stress you must endure), you will be overwhelmed when they respawn and then patrol back into you or as they appear next to you.

That’s just one example.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Suggestions

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

- A lot of factors can make the respawn seem faster—if monsters in the same spawn group are being killed elsewhere they might respawn in your location (they don’t reappear in the same spot)
- Closed locations like caves can make you run over the same area repeatedly, causing you encounter respawns where you would normally (in an open area) have already moved on
- Orr in general is a known problem, and the base spawns are being toned down as I type this

In general, if you can provide a specific location where the respawn rate seems out of whack, I can look at it, but in almost every case I’ve looked at, the respawn times were well over a minute.

A while ago, didn’t you mention a bug in Orr where the number of spwan locations was less than the number of spawning npcs, thus making npcs spawn more often than the timer should allow?

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

Here is the other thread Jeffrey was refering to:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Enemies-respawn-too-fast-in-my-personal-opinion/first

Also here’s a thread with a suggestion about making the respawn algorithm more sophisticated:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Dynamic-respawn-algorithm-respawn-range/first#post1171374

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

A while ago, didn’t you mention a bug in Orr where the number of spwan locations was less than the number of spawning npcs, thus making npcs spawn more often than the timer should allow?

The specific issue which I found (and it should be corrected in the end of month update) was that there were more creatures than spawn points, which didn’t change the respawn timer at all, but it could cause multiple creatures to spawn on the same point.

We don’t block spawns based on player proximity since it could be abused to block events/etc. by parking a player on the spot where a specific NPC is supposed to spawn so that they never appear.

Information like the Southsun Cove location above is very helpful, as would any specific spots where you’re seeing cases like the boss+minions that respawn too quickly.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

Information like the Southsun Cove location above is very helpful, as would any specific spots where you’re seeing cases like the boss+minions that respawn too quickly.

Champion Karka in Southsun Cove, next to the rich orichalcum vein. I’ve seen him/her/it respawn in 4 minutes (approximate; measured with chat timestamps). I’ll grant that it’s a lot longer than the 95-120 seconds you mentioned, but keep in mind that it’s a Champion. It took quite a few players about 10-15 minutes to kill it, and by the time we revived everyone and mined the vein, it was back— and right on top of us, too. Does it have a waypoint that we can’t see?

I guess it’s just a good thing it didn’t drop any loot. I found the experience unsatisfying, and I’ve not felt the urge to try it again.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Oh cmon, i tough guys gonna complain that re-spawn time is to small!!! For me personally all the spawns are to short, and if you can’t complete something alone, find a explorer buddy and try to reach it together, don’t just run to forum and cry out loud..
I don’t know why this posts get instant replay, and other more important(under suggestion and bug report) aren’t even read. I would very appreciate if i would see ‘’red sign’’ next to topic more often! Ty

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Rather than “suppressing” spawn rates based on players being present (which would definately have room for griefing) would it be possible to rather raise the current respawn timers, but then lower the timer based on number of players in the nearby area?

For example, lets say you increase the respawn to, I dunno, 5 minutes (just a random number, the actual number would be subject to testing and adjustment). But then with each additional person in the area, the time between spawns would be lowered down by X seconds. So that the more people are in the area, the faster things would respawn. Of course, there’d be a “lower limit” to keep respawns from becomming instant with a large enough group.

This would better allow solo players to progress through areas without getting overwhelmed by respawns, while allowing speeding up the spawns when more people are in the area to keep it from feeling “empty” for too long.

The game already does this sort of thing for DE’s, keeping track of how many players are in the area while adjusting the number of enemies accordingly, so at the very least it shouldn’t be too hard to implement. This would be the same concept, except instead of adjusting enemy count you’re adjusting respawn timers.

Not sure how much of an effect it would have on the server load, though. That might be the main problem.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Visiroth.5914

Visiroth.5914

There seem to be some bugs in the respawn. Sometimes you can kill a monster and it immediately respawns — as if the timer start is tied to the point that the mob came into the world instead of to the time it died and the respawn time has already elapsed. As soon as the monster dies it is replaced. If you kill the creature again there is usually a reprieve, but there are many times when mob death seems to immediately trigger respawn. I don’t have video recording or I would try to get you some footage, but it definitely does happen.

I’ve noticed the exact same thing happen.

There’s also a bug (maybe similarly rooted) with WvW breakout events where the breakout starts as expected some 20-30 minutes after your side holds no towers, progresses and you capture the tower, then the breakout NPC will be back in your spawn ready to start another breakout for some reason.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iloce.1392

Iloce.1392

Start respawn timer after all mobs in a specified radius are dead, or pause respawn timers if player has not left combat in radius.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

Why don’t enemies respawn grouped instead of individually? Also, I think it would be nice to be able to clear an area with a party and actually feel like you cleared it for a few minutes =/

For instance; group enemies for respawn, once all enemies in that “group” have been killed, then the respawn timer begins (could still have it be like 45 seconds or whatever, but at least this way I think players would feel a lot less of the “omg instant respawn” feeling), then the enemies respawn as a group (actually it would be kind of neat to have them run in with a “fade in” effect in the areas where they just stand there lol).

I think one of the problems, as mentioned above, is that by the time a player finishes Enemy B/C, Enemy A is usually off cool down and respawns (fine ins some areas like major enemy bases and such, but not fine in most areas in my opinion). Grouping enemies and their spawns I think would help to curb this feeling of “instant respawns” this a lot.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

in my opinion 95-120s is just not fun… you are more or less forced to move on and when staying in an area for what reason ever, it feels that you’d made no difference.

I’d suggest: increase mob density in certain areas so that people think twice before enganging a battle (like it was in GW1 where you had to plan your movement in order to avoid too hard battles) but decrease respawn rate significantly. You should be rewarded by intelligent pathfinding and some places should be difficult to reach because of mob density. If you made it through those enemies, you should feel rewarded by being able to move freely in this “cleared” area for a couple of minutes – long enough to explore the now new available area. Other people who come by would see what you had accomplished and it would feel natural that there are no mobs for a certain time.

To respawn enemies for a heavy infested area it would be plausible to give the player a kind of alarm, so that he wouldn’t be surprised by invisible creatures spawning in his back. For example a loud centaur-horn 1min before respawn starts. A loud wolf-howl before a pack of wolves returns. Those groups shouldn’t respawn in one place but spread around the area in huts, caves… and they should then meet at a location, form a group and the cycle begins anew.

The way it is now pacing is mostly fight fight fight fight fight instead of fight fight rest explore plan fight fight

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: MilitiaMasterV.7216

MilitiaMasterV.7216

An example of a instant respawn I had recently was seconds after killing the ‘Champion Ogre Chieftain’ in Blazeridge Steppes just northeast of the Gastor Gullet point of interest…he respawned almost on top of where he died with like 2 ogres and their pets as backup…right after I’d just slowly solo’d him and his flunkies down (they re-spawned 4 times during the fight).

I barely had enough time to open the chest that appeared for defeating him before they were on me again. (Killed him again just because I don’t like leaving nasty champions sitting around. I had the event for the first one, but the second one didn’t have an event.) Something with that much life should NEVER re-spawn that fast, no matter what.

I went through the same area on a different character and another character and I killed what I assume was the same guy but by the point of interest west of Behem Gauntlet on Blazeridge Steppes and after we downed him I smacked a building like 2 times and he spawned again right behind me. So maybe this re-spawn is on purpose.

The mid-high maps are practically dead zones now (I rarely see people) and yet we have these champions with a fortune in HP walking around re-spawning really fast. I’m starting to see why everyone just runs through zones and doesn’t bother anymore.

I’m starting to agree with the comment I saw another person make in another thread. ‘This is the most Massively Soloplayer Game I’ve ever played’

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seraki.2753

Seraki.2753

I hate to tell ya this but they often are 15s or less outside of events. Sometimes instantly. At any rate rapid re spawns is one of the reasons open areas are so unpopulated [that and overlapping boss mob events]. We don’t really love getting mowed over all the time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I think a lot of people don’t want this fast respawn changed because it works great for farming (I won’t say botting) events. You just stay in one place and kill everything for minutes. Bonus xp from mobs is a good thing, but I’m not sure if xp is what people are after. If there were a higher droprate for Lodestones or other important craftingmats on mobs with bonus xp (for being alive longer than other mobs) this would make people move from place to place.

as it is now people who play the game with the attitude of exploration have a pretty hard time because they want to clear an area maybe to explore the area and find hidden secrets. Or because they enjoy solo gameplay and want to feel good killing champions and groups of mobs by themselves. These people have a problem.

The people who enjoy farming mobs won’t bother. They kill mobs for hours, seing farming that way as a acceptable activity. In my opinion this is not fun. Give better loot to mobs which have those tons of bonus xp, and people would spread out through the map on the look for those mobs – a new way of farming (much more diversified) and people would find new events on their way + get just as much good farming-mats as they would grinding the same path on a map, or even the same spot, for hours.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

(edited by Marcus Greythorne.6843)

in Suggestions

ElixireL.5190

Nothing I stated was exaggerated, it’s a shame to see the problem is not really acknowledged.

If this doesn’t change I am unlikely to play this game for much longer because I feel like a tool .

“- Closed locations like caves can make you run over the same area repeatedly, causing you encounter respawns where you would normally (in an open area) have already moved on”

Yes, we don’t want to encounter respawns when leaving the cave and have to move on all the time, is exactly the issue.

I’ve thought about this a lot, and I think both in terms of gameplay and immersion/aesthetics , since the creatures will always have to respawn, two good solutions would be to : either leave the bodies there with a visible resurrect timer that is longer for the stronger creatures or packs;
Or , even better, but more radical : for mobile creatures, rather than have them evenly scattered around the map, making exploration a pain, and having them materialize out of thin air, have them emerge from a few spawning points like nests or dark portals and patrol the area. The spawn point can be attacked and destroyed , but this will always bring out more dangerous creatures. If the spawn point is destroyed , players involved get some small reward on top of any loot, and it takes a few minutes to re-spawn so that players can loot and get out of there as needed.

A simple visual effect when creatures de-spawn would be the icing on the cake.

(edited by ElixireL.5190)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I explored The Infestation in Iron Marches yesterday (that giant devourer hive). Not only wasn’t there anything of interest (not even a nice champ or something), but also the respawn was quite annoying while exploring. And that’s nothing compared to how annoying other areas are. Feels like a waste of time, retrospectively. I thought we were supposed to explore, but you cannot even take some time to talk to NPCs (the ogre hunters in this case) without ending up in a complete respawn.
Iron March didn’t receive much love anyway, I stumbled across several broken events there (checking the forums, all of them have been reported already).

An example of a instant respawn I had recently was seconds after killing the ‘Champion Ogre Chieftain’ in Blazeridge Steppes just northeast of the Gastor Gullet point of interest…

That one’s annoying anyway, you have to tell people not to kite him every time or he’ll reset its health instantly as soon as he moves out of the camp.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

(edited by Iruwen.3164)

in Suggestions

ElixireL.5190

I tried finding the location of the skill point I mentioned on the wiki , but the wiki is incomplete. I’ll fire up the game later and see if i can remember where it was. But, really most enclosed locations with only one exit are problematic, and so are several outdoor locations, eg Blasted Moors with its re-spawning ghost cannons and catapults. Yeah, nice trap. I actually stood outside for a while telling people coming in where the skill point actually is , because there is no fun to be spoiled.

People who want to see this solved, please post more locations where you find this problem so that devs can see for themselves!

(edited by ElixireL.5190)

in Suggestions

Iruwen.3164

Can’t you locate it here? http://gw2cartographers.com

/e: I also remember the vista in the top right of Plains of Ashford to be quite annoying as there’s two veterans with AoE capabilities plus adds in one place and no room to kite iirc.

(edited by Iruwen.3164)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Scizzor.8137

Scizzor.8137

To everyone needing help with skill point captures and Vistas, I would suggest picking up some Ash Legion Spy Kit. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ash_Legion_Spy_Kit
These kits allow you to be invisible to mobs for 10 secs while you stand still! They are available from a vendor in an early zone for only 28 karma a piece. It will make your life A LOT easier (Especially in Orr where the monsters hover over the capture points….)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Respawn is an issue with high health veterans and nearby mobs. In the time taken to knock a veteran down, at level, solo, you will be fighting his companions at least one more time, possibly two. This is an issue at still points, particularly if you have to commune. Examples off the top of my head would be the skill point where you have to clear a Veteran Troll and Veteran Ooze close together in Gendarran, the Jotun Spirit skill point in Dredgehaunt, the Centaur necromancers cave in Kessex, etc.

The Jotun one is particularly annoying. He is surrounded, closely, by 6 random Jotun who don’t mind booting you into the one that didn’t aggro, the boss is tough (at level) and you will be fighting respawn adds, more if you take the time to pull and finish off the two jotun you can on the way in. There is just no breathing space. And that would be my summation of a lot of the game.. “no breathing space”

And to the guys that see no problems.. or want faster spawns… I knew you in GW1 I think. Didn’t you finish Proph solo, in presearing armor, with just Frenzy and Mending?

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

in Suggestions

ElixireL.5190

To everyone needing help with skill point captures and Vistas, I would suggest picking up some Ash Legion Spy Kit.

It’s of limited use, and you have to have your inventory open to access it at the right moment. If you’re under fire you’ll still get hit.

in Suggestions

Iruwen.3164

You just don’t want it to be nerfed or removed :p

in Suggestions

Posted by: Quarterdime.2049

Quarterdime.2049

We’re not talking about bugs! In plenty of instances, 120 seconds is not enough! And the moment the respawns catch back up to the player party the whole thing falls apart, because they’re being challenged by enemies respawning at the rate they killed them last time.

Come on. Am I REALLY the only one who’s gotten stuck in an endless cycle of respawns just to be forced out of the area I was trying so hard to secure? I know this is a tough pill to swallow, but the system itself, even working as intended, has this flaw. And ElixireL is a product of that just as I.

And unlike him I do everything I can to compose myself under the reasonable presumption that this problem will never be completely fixed due only to the developer denial saying that the problem is bugs as opposed to admitting a mistake.

I know that sounded rude, but ElixireL isn’t the only one who’s frustrated by this and I want to make that clear.

(edited by Quarterdime.2049)

in Suggestions

Iruwen.3164

Am I REALLY the only one who’s gotten stuck in an endless cycle of respawns just to be forced out of the area I was trying to hard to secure?

No, I’m with you. Another problem is that friendly NPCs seem to be way too weak, at least in areas with low population. Yesterday I got a message that a WP in Fireheart Rise had to be protected from the Flame Legion, which was previously held by allies. It took me about 20 seconds to get there, but by the time I arrived all friendly NPCs were already dead. I solo-cleared the area, but once I started reviving the allies, the next wave of enemies already spawned, making this impossible. The only one I managed to survive instantly died again.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Loybo.2018

Loybo.2018

There’s a spot in Kessex Hills, right beside a waypoint with three tents in either the Henge of Denravi or the other swampy area; every time I’ve been there, all the NPCs are dead and standing on their corpses are a handful of bandits. Clearing out the bandits spawns more bandits, and they seem to be never-ending; if you get enough of the NPCs back on their feet, they’ll live for a short while but the endless waves of bandits eventually overwhelm them. I’ve seen people show up at the waypoint and get overwhelmed by the problem as well. People will fill their Heart mission up killing the endless waves but then abandon the little camp, assuring its demise once more. There are eight to ten spawning, usually in the sequence I kill them with a 30sec to 60sec delay (except the first time around; they go down and nigh-immediately respawn at a distance and run in), and with that many spawning it can be quite difficult to even keep track of spawn rates, let alone clear the area and revive all the NPCs.

Unless you meant for me to practice my bunker-builds there.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

I’ve 100%’ed the map and not had a spawn issue ever, anywhere.

AR

in Suggestions

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Had a shelk pop up in front of me a second after i had killed just south of Lions Arch the other day (around the heart where you collect crabs for quaggans). Could be someone killed another shelk in the area right before me, but i didn’t see anyone close by when i started going after it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Balderstrom.5809

Balderstrom.5809

I’ve found quite a few threads discussing respawn rates and/or too many Mobs in general – especially for single players.

People are seeing almost immediate respawns, or respawns that happen far sooner than the claimed 90s-120s for a given zone :: because the respawn is not related to the mob dying, it appears to be a static timer otherwise it would never occur so fast.

And I certainly don’t agree with Jeffrey Vaughn in regards fixing the respawn rate to NOT be a static TICK timer. A simple “message system/notify/listeners” would do the trick; it wouldn’t be overly complex nor cause any significant server load. Neither would the server need to track every player by ID or any other additional system in that regards.

E.G.
Player “A” enters a Zone; the Zone is notified of entrance.
Player “A” engages in combat; the Zone is notified of aggression initiation.
—> Zone determines a reset rate, perhaps 10, 20 or even 30 minutes or more.
Player “B” enters the same Zone; the Zone is notified of entrance.
Player “B” engages in combat; the Zone is notified of aggression initiation.
—> Zone updates the reset rate to be shorter than it was initialized at.
Rinse and Repeat, with certain min/maxes for respawns.

With even just a little more code, the first killed mob in a zone could be tracked/stored, when the reset timer elapses, the zone starts to reset/respawn any missing mobs – perhaps 1 or 2 every 90-120s until it has been repopulated.

Zones could likewise cause more mobs to be spawned when a given area has too many players engaging in combat.

Other annoyances have been mentioned, corpses that disappear in less than a minute – preventing you from getting drops if there even was one.

Many of these things severely impact immersion into the game, and makes it all feel like a really poorly implemented mechanic.

(edited by Balderstrom.5809)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

I’ve 100%’ed the map and not had a spawn issue ever, anywhere.

Your a statistical outlier then :P JK

However the timer works it is not consistant. I still get these weird situations and it is hard to pinpoint it because it is random. Whatever the variables involved with this, it makes gameplay slightly unpredictable.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’m going to put in my vote for PLEASE either slow down the respawn rate or make them group spawn. As an example, a friend and I were in Metrica, I was on my level 20 warrior, in the 1 to 15 zone. We were in a building trying to clear it out so we could explore a bit. WE COULDN’T DO IT. There were a group of inquest in there and by the time we killed the last one they were respawning and we were fighting them over and over again. It was unending and not fun. We ended up just leaving the building without doing the exploration we wanted to do. And this is not an isolated situation. Mobs simply respawn to fast. You never get a chance to be done so you can stop and look around. This detracts from the enjoyment of the game. The fast respawn was fine when everyone was jammed into the same small areas. Now that people are more spread out and areas are vacant, fast respawn makes exploration a chore.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MilitiaMasterV.7216

MilitiaMasterV.7216

right beside a waypoint with three tents in either the Henge of Denravi or the other swampy area; every time I’ve been there, all the NPCs are dead and standing on their corpses are a handful of bandits. Clearing out the bandits spawns more bandits, and they seem to be never-ending; if you get enough of the NPCs back on their feet, they’ll live for a short while but the endless waves of bandits eventually overwhelm them. I’ve seen people show up at the waypoint and get overwhelmed by the problem as well. People will fill their Heart mission up killing the endless waves but then abandon the little camp, assuring its demise once more. There are eight to ten spawning, usually in the sequence I kill them with a 30sec to 60sec delay (except the first time around; they go down and nigh-immediately respawn at a distance and run in), and with that many spawning it can be quite difficult to even keep track of spawn rates, let alone clear the area and revive all the NPCs.

Unless you meant for me to practice my bunker-builds there.

Basically everything you just said there sounds just like a bugged/broken event at the top end of Hidden Lake in Brisban Wildlands that I reported a few patches back. Except that there was no event showing there, it was like they just kept spawning in and tackling that camp. There was a couple people just sitting there killing them steadily, and rezzing the guys, but they just kept infinitely coming. Reminds me of the Dredge Mining Suits which are practically impossible to kill if you don’t have an interrupt because they can infinitely summon stuff in. There are some serious bugs with the spawn rate and with many of the events…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The Hidden Lake site in Brisban: I remember getting caught between the bandits in the camp and the unending stream of replacements and dying there. Very frustrating. However since the respawn rate was so similar to other areas, I didn’t even consider that it is a bugged site. :/ It was pretty much par for the course and didn’t feel appreciably different from similar areas, other than that they are running in rather than appearing by you. The respawn timer is too fast if its hard to tell a bugged site from a normal one.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Radio Isotope.3045

Radio Isotope.3045

In some areas creatures and enemies re-spawn in about 15 seconds, which means you go from having cleared an area with a lot of effort, and have all your skills on cooldown, to being surrounded by the things you just killed.

When that area happens to contain a place of power that you are there to commune with for a skill point, and as this process takes 4-5 seconds and is interrupted if you get hit, things can get extremely irritating for solo players. I wish i could have recorded my session last night where i had t kill a Veteran/Champion whatever , and its 5 bodyguards TWICE in 5 minutes in a crazy attempt to get that skill point.

I think this person is talking about the ettin cave in the Gendarrian Fields to the southeast by the Ice elementals. I almost broke my keyboard over that area many times. And i was lvl 40 eng but it felt like i was lvl 5 eng for some reason. repawn timer there is hella bad i have to agree. all for a skill point communing node.

(TLE) The Legendary Eternum, Devona’s Rest
Guild Founder

in Suggestions

Posted by: Quarterdime.2049

Quarterdime.2049

The Hidden Lake site in Brisban: I remember getting caught between the bandits in the camp and the unending stream of replacements and dying there. Very frustrating. However since the respawn rate was so similar to other areas, I didn’t even consider that it is a bugged site. :/ It was pretty much par for the course and didn’t feel appreciably different from similar areas, other than that they are running in rather than appearing by you. The respawn timer is too fast if its hard to tell a bugged site from a normal one.

+1

Given what I was going through up until that point, I was fully convinced that was working as intended.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Last night I was trying to do a little dynamic event in the Straits of Devastation. Every five seconds or so I would be forced to fight solo a group of 5-6 undead due to the ridiculous respawn time. Enemies would poof into existence in front of me and immediately attack me.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

That’s not normal respawn.

That’s a bugged event.
After the event ends, instead stopping the waves and the remaining enemies running away like they do in other events, they just keep coming.

Still, even for an event the spawn rate is crazy high, individual, with big numbers and the spawn locations are way too close.
Because of that, enemies are kept as a constant number, with no downtime. The moment you kill one, you will actually see them pop out thin air again not far from there if you are looking in the right direction.

I’ve been in practically every corner of the available map and played most events in the game, and I haven’t seen anything like that crazy individual instant respawn along that walking distance and numbers.
Some areas have respawns that are that fast, but enemies have to walk for quite some time after spawning instead popping right next to the event location.
And some will instantly spawn enemies right in the location, but at least they wait until the last enemy of the previous wave is dead.
Remember the cattlepult? It sometimes get stuck when a cow despawns or walks through the ground and gets out of bounds of the map and can’t reach the cattlepult, and harpies keep coming (great place to get some thin blood when this happens) but only 2 to 3 appear at the same time, maybe one more every 3 people around or something like that. You can’t compare with the numbers that camp may get. I’ve seen at least 6 enemies, plus one or two extra per player involved in the fight.

If you ever saw that anywhere else, I suspect that maybe other places are bugged like that for your world. That spot is insane in mine.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mejo.3198

Mejo.3198

Last night I was trying to do a little dynamic event in the Straits of Devastation. Every five seconds or so I would be forced to fight solo a group of 5-6 undead due to the ridiculous respawn time. Enemies would poof into existence in front of me and immediately attack me.

Sounds familiar! XD

in Suggestions

Iruwen.3164

Yet another stupid event:
http://i.imgur.com/sPDzE.jpg
So I fought that annoying Veteran Igniter (who came up with the idea for that enemy?) and its adds and started to revive the NPCs instead of destroying the gate first. I managed to revive two, then an Ember respawned and basically one-hitted them because they just stood in its flame AoE. And then everything respawned. Yeah. Nice. Very immersive.
And that wasn’t even a group event.
I completed the group event coming after that within the garrison too, had to do it alone because nobody else was there:
http://i.imgur.com/GOvSG.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7JuFu.jpg
Took those veterans like five seconds to kill all friendly NPCs. Even a single igniter would have killed them all in no time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neijek.7150

Neijek.7150

been reporting this as a bug with a lot of info on my server (fissure of woe) orr is soo broken..

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/high-level-empty-zones-respawn-timer-bugs

so it’s interworked and we get this fixed.