Interchangeable Weapon Skills

in Suggestions

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

Like the skills we can change in our skill bar, how about skills we can change in our weapons. 1 hand weapons can change slots 2 and 3 (main hand) or 4 and 5 (off-hand) and 2 handed weapons can change skills 2-5. I think such a thing would help diversify how classes can be made making other types of builds more viable helping reduce cookie cutter builds (meta builds) and allow people to enjoy classes a lot more. Not only that but in PvP and WvW it will be a lot harder for people to predict what skill/s you are going to use based on the weapon/s you are using making matches much more challenging. This also means that players can use 2 of the same weapon. I have seen thief builds that center around one weapon set with different sigils and having interchangeable weapons skills would allow them more reason to stick to such builds but not only for them but all classes. Guardians could use 2 great swords. Warriors could use 2 longbows. Maybe this would even allow eles to diversify to 2 weapon sets. The potential for this could be a great way to bring people’s attention to classes they may not have even considered playing or breathe life back into a class they got tired of playing.

(edited by PlagueParade.7942)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Noremac.1086

Noremac.1086

That would be nice. It would be so nice to be able to choose your weapons skills similar to how GW1 was. Still looking for an mmo with that kind of customization. I can only hope that they will change their mind and allow us to choose our first 5 skills like you are saying. That would definitely be the one thing that would bring me back to Guild Wars 2 for a long time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

Didn’t know GW1 did that. Hm.