Intergrating damage meter in game

in Suggestions

Posted by: littlemoo.5324

littlemoo.5324

Ill start with actual ideas and then explain.
1)Bound damage meters to guilds, so guild officers can chose either to show damage meter to themselves and its players or not.

2)Show only first 1-3 top damage dealers in group

3)Make DPs meter and expensive extra, that guilds can purchase with some kind of currency(that u can earn on endgame top boss encounters)

As for start, im very new to this game, not even 80 yet, but im an ex wow raider. And i understand the official gw2 position on this sensitive matter, that there should bee no “dps harrasment”, because it damages community, and i tend to agree with that, but the downside is that if you really want to bee top player or top guild, you need to bee able to somehow measure dps stats so you can progress faster. As for this point, everyone is just swimming in same sauce, and there is no way how to “progress out of it”, and personally for me it really drops motivation to progress or do something that really improves my output in dungeons or raids.

And im sorry if this has been already discussed in some other topics, couldnt find any.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Metallus.7690

Metallus.7690

It was being discussed here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/DPS-and-Meters

But don’t worry, it’s no wonder you didn’t find it: the topic has sunk in page 17 and the search button doesn’t work.

What I find mostly irritating is the fact that they do not even answer. I’d be satisfied even with a “Not happening, would take too much time/Cba, I’m bored” rather than being totally ignored.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

What I find mostly irritating is the fact that they do not even answer. I’d be satisfied even with a “Not happening, would take too much time/Cba, I’m bored” rather than being totally ignored.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/How-This-Sub-Forum-Works

One – Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: littlemoo.5324

littlemoo.5324

Ty for replys.
annyway, im learning elemental class now, and there are many questions that turn up that i have no answers. For example:

what makes more damage air or fire? on single target? how doo i know that? Is it worth to swap for 2 mobs, for 3? If i can pull out massive crit with spell that has long cd, how can i know if all the bleeds and dots from different weapon with different skill timers arent doing more damage? Mby earth bleeds are the best? Agan, i have 0 information to work on, and sorry to say, but that makes this game to look shallow, although it is not.

So far i have figured way to test it, by trying to kill dummy or some beefy mob on timer, but still, it is pretty innacurate.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Metallus.7690

Metallus.7690

This game gives the least information when it comes to combat; I mean, you can’t see casting bars, you can’t see time numbers on your buffs/debuffs (unless you over your cursor on them), you can’t see healthpool values… you either memorize every single motion for each spell, therefore being able to predict what’s going on (which requires a great deal of experience and even then it’s very hard for almost instant cast spells or for spells that got the same animation to understand what’s going on) and start counting when you receive a buff/debuff or you’ll be playing “blindly” for most of the time. Not being able to analyze what happened even AFTER makes it ever more difficult to understand and improve.

But as long as you “think” you are doing a good job, who cares right? If you see numbers and see things going down, then it means you are good and are providing an awesome dps to your team ^O^, if you see that you are applying a lot of boons or see some green number then it means you are good and you are making your team survive ^O^, if you see gray heartshaped boxes with some word inside it means you are very aware of combo fields mechanics and are being exceptionally cooperative… Whether all of this is true or not, it looks like it doesn’t matter much as long as things die. Just convince yourself you are good and are doing the best you can, you can’t know anyways.