Itemization and Stat Distribution Consistency.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

Got me thinking cause of this thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/The-gear-grind-in-this-game-is-almost-nonexistent-Unless-you-re-a-Necromancer/first#post128541

The Stat distribution in PvE gear is pretty inconsistent in some areas as the set ups we’ve become accustomed to through testing out classes/builds in sPvP. The availability of certain stat spreads that you’d want from sPvP is nonexistant in PvE or altered in some form.

For example, my cleric Necromancer utilizes the Shaman Amulet from sPvP perfectly, packing Condition Damage, Healing, and Toughness.

The same prefix does exist in PvE, but in the form of Condition Damage, Healing and VITALITY. And this I don’t even know why but the Shaman Crest (Upgrade slot) grants Healing, Vitality, and POWER. All this inconsistency even within the same prefix only causes confusion, I’m not even sure why it exists in the first place?

Another would be how painful it is to find certain spreads as compared to others. Rampagers (Power, Condition, Precision) is rampant in PvE and doesn’t serve anyone looking to build a non glass cannon any good. While the Rabid Amulet (Condition, Precision, Toughness) only exists as gear from a few Dungeons (TA, Honor, Arah) or Karma. You then have stat spreads that are repeatedly featured (most notably power ones).

Crafted gear gives you a pretty small selection and most cases, non ideal spreads for a lot of builds.

All this really does is make gearing up 80 more of a headache than it really has to be. Itemization was an aspect I thought GW2 had down in beta when I played sPvP, I could always find an amulet that was useful for any of my builds and assumed I could then chase the same stats in PvE. Boy was I mistaken

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hsinimod.5784

Hsinimod.5784

Bit late….

But yeah, the customization in PvE is lacking. The inconsistency makes it worse.

ArenaNet needs to add the ability to craft/buy/etc the missing stat combinations. I can’t fathom how the quality control team didn’t add any feedback about the missing customization.

Playing Devil’s Advocate since 1990.