Jump EVENT!

Jump EVENT!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zwellni.3946

Zwellni.3946

Not jumping puzzles you sillys, or some type of event where you spam the jump button for some reason. Im talking about getting 1 free level 80 character per account or multiples if you like. Before people rage about having used all thier money, craft leveling a character from 1-80 let me explain some requirements to participate. Every account will need atleast one level 80 to make a jump character, but there will also be an option where you can make an unlimited amount of jump characters on your account! To do this you need all crafts at max level, 100percent map completion on atleast one character, atleast 2000 achievement points, Dungeon master title (whatever the titles called where you have to do every path of every dungeon) and must have killed atleast 500 people in WVW. This is all in a limited amount of time id say about 2weeks.

Now let me explain what items the jump character would get.
1. all level 80 master work armor they can use
2. All level 80 master work weapons,including underwater, they can use.
3. Three 10 slot bags

Pros: 1. Bring players who picked the ranger character as thier first character back (lols! seriously tho).
2. Bring players who did not want to grind levels 1-80 again back
3. More people doing low level fractals ( you can thank me later
4. more people buying gems. Extra character slots!
5. Theres prob more pros but you get the jist of it.

Cons. 1. More thieves in WVW ( wouldnt be suprised)
2. Servers would probably lag from all the people coming back on the first few days of this event
3. Still a huge slap in the face to people who crafted there toons to 80, but this happens all the time. Example free deluxe edition when buying guild wars 2 now anyone plus a witch hat. Exactly!
4. People who leveled multiple toons by grinding content or crafting are going to rage on forums.
5. Probably more cons as well but that can be discussed in the comments below.

(edited by Zwellni.3946)

Jump EVENT!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Equinox.4195

Equinox.4195

I’m going to go ahead and gives this a thumbs down.

Equinox the Undying – Thug Necromancer
http://www.youtube.com/EPEquinox

Jump EVENT!

in Suggestions

Zwellni.3946

I’m going to go ahead and gives this a thumbs down.

any particular reason?

Jump EVENT!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crimsonified.6418

Crimsonified.6418

I’m not a fan of this idea. The whole idea of the game is that you play the game, not that you are automatically insta-levelled on any new toon after you max out one char. This game is about progression and the narrative, and the fact is that the game is the same gameplay at lvl 80 as it is at lvl 1 – there is no advantage to this at all, just makes people skip out the journey – which is the main thing.

Jump EVENT!

in Suggestions

Zwellni.3946

I’m not a fan of this idea. The whole idea of the game is that you play the game, not that you are automatically insta-levelled on any new toon after you max out one char. This game is about progression and the narrative, and the fact is that the game is the same gameplay at lvl 80 as it is at lvl 1 – there is no advantage to this at all, just makes people skip out the journey – which is the main thing.

So you like constantly doing the same content over and over to level? Which would mean you like GRINDING! Also if you killed 500 people in wvw, did every dungeon explore mode, and have 2000 acheievement points you havent played the game?

Jump EVENT!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

only if you have to talk to an NPC named Kriss Kross to make you jump .

Jump EVENT!

in Suggestions

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Your suggestion is really saying one thing:

“I don’t enjoy this game enough to bother leveling another character, so let me skip all that and unlock everything after I max out one character.”

Plenty of us are perfectly happy leveling up additional characters.

Why are we happy? Because we enjoy the game, and do not mind the grind

Also if you killed 500 people in wvw, did every dungeon explore mode, and have 2000 acheievement points you havent played the game?

I know plenty of people who have over 2000 achievement points. They’ve created alts and are still enjoying the game.

If you care about being “maxed out” more then playing then game, then GW2 is not the game for you.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

(edited by DreamOfACure.4382)

Jump EVENT!

in Suggestions

Zwellni.3946

The first part of your argument is this"The whole idea of the game is that you play the game". First let me start by saying this is a limited time event that many games do, Vindictus , and dragon nest are 2 examples. Second so you saying killing 500 people in WVW, doing every path of every dungeon (including story),getting crafting to max in every craft, getting to level 80, getting 100 percent world completion,etc,is not playing the game? Also not playing the game gives you more rewards then actually playing. Ill explain people who are farming for one reason or another in game make about 3-5g an hour. A person who has a job works for an hour at minumum wage makes about $7.25 (i think). If the person with the job gets gems and converts them to gold he makes about 6-7gold an hour if im not mistaken. By not playing the game the person with job has obtained better rewards then I person who has played which can be used for things like leveling a toon to 80, legendaries,volcanous,etc.

Next part of your argument “This game is about progression and the narrative,”. There are other forms of progression in the game besides leveling, examples are ascended gear,exotic gear,all dungeon gear,etc ,so you still get progression from my idea. By narrative im guessing you mean personal story/dungeons storys. After people have seen the narrative once they skip it an example would be every explore mode dungeon. So the customers themselves who keep the game up, dont like repeating the same narrative which eventually becomes the same at a certain level no matter what choice you picked.
Next on the list “the fact is that the game is the same gameplay at lvl 80 as it is at lvl 1 -”. The gameplay at lvl 80 is nothing like level 1. As a level 80 people will invite you to fractals. No one runs fractals with a level 1, I dont even need to explain. 2nd in World v World as a level 80 you have the ability to be on even ground with enemy players, and your more helpful to the server because of survivability, traits, utilities, and elite skills. At level 80 you have access to Orr which still nets more karma then lower lvl zones. A level 1 cannot kill anything in Orr.

Jump EVENT!

in Suggestions

Zwellni.3946

Your suggestion is really saying one thing:

“I don’t enjoy this game enough to bother leveling another character, so let me skip all that and unlock everything after I max out one character.”

Plenty of us are perfectly happy leveling up additional characters.

Why are we happy? Because we enjoy the game, and do not mind the grind

Also if you killed 500 people in wvw, did every dungeon explore mode, and have 2000 acheievement points you havent played the game?

I know plenty of people who have over 2000 achievement points. They’ve created alts and are still enjoying the game.

If you care about being “maxed out” more then playing then game, then GW2 is not the game for you.

Lol you only said they had 2000 achievement points but not the other things i have mentioned. Your friends with 2000 achievement points dont have to participate, if they love leveling alts.

I never said i cared more about being “maxed out” more then playing the game. If I as you say did this to “max out” ,but didnt want to play the game why would I bother “maxing out” logic!