Jumping Puzzles of the Mist

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I would love to see an instance (a lot like mad-king halloween jumping puzzle) that emulated the fractals of the mist dungeon, except jumping puzzle. JPotM if you will.

A solo instance with a combination of jumping puzzles/tactical puzzles. Each level would get harder and harder while the rewards get better (whether it’s a chest, XP, karma, coin, laurels, whatever)

Credit to Lafiel for spurring the idea on another topic.

RIP in peace Robert

(edited by Ethics.4519)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jakzor.4160

Jakzor.4160

i totally agree. WTB difficult jumping puzzles!

in Suggestions

Ethics.4519

i totally agree. WTB difficult jumping puzzles!

The only thing that came close was mad-king and wintersday!

The current JPs that are always around are time-consuming at best, not difficult. You figure it out once and it’s a piece of cake after. Although they are still fun and sometimes beautiful, the challenge is gone.

RIP in peace Robert

in Suggestions

Posted by: CapN Biku.6024

CapN Biku.6024

I would just love doing jumping puzzles all day.
Although there would have to be quite a lot of them so would be nice if you don’t have to keep doing the same over and over. Maybe add a list of JPs so you can pick the ones you haven’t done yet, maybe unlock a new puzzle every time you complete one. And have challenges like completing them in a time limit or as many puzzles as you can without failing giving you higher rewards.
Would be nice if they added new puzzles every so often too, to give new challenges and new views

in Suggestions

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

Agree, I love them, but I did them all already :’(

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cecht.4102

Cecht.4102

More and harder jumping puzzles would be great.

There might even be the possibility, if ANet ever wants to introduce player-made content, to include it in this form amongst other possibilities. With some rudimentary tools players could create their own jumping puzzles that others could then play through a JPotM lobby. Of course that would be a tremendous amount of work from ANets part to make all that possible.

in Suggestions

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

Jumping puzzle races.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Excellent idea, I can just imagine a tower based ascending level type jumping puzzle, where every level gets harder and harder and crazier and crazier. I imagine this would require an insane amount of work however so I wouldn’t expect something like this to be implemented within the next few months, maybe even as an expansion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Asthalon.6875

Asthalon.6875

Apparently they’re working on a doozy right now. Don’t remember what forum the posts were in though… but it was exciting news

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chaos Darkmatter.3624

Chaos Darkmatter.3624

Fractal-esque jumping puzzles??
Count me in. JPs are one of my favorite parts of the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Apparently they’re working on a doozy right now. Don’t remember what forum the posts were in though… but it was exciting news

They released it, too, just no one can do it yet. The two Guild Puzzles are supposed to be the hardest puzzles in the game.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

an ever changing series of jumping puzzles? sounds like that cube movie. would be cool, sounds technically impossible tho.

in Suggestions

Ethics.4519

an ever changing series of jumping puzzles? sounds like that cube movie. would be cool, sounds technically impossible tho.

I don’t think it would be technically impossible to do?

You could either invest A LOT of time and have a wide variety of different maps with jumps being spaced further a apart, random patters/effects (like metrica JP), or pile in more enemies etc.

You could also go the easy way out like they did with FoTM and just have an agony wall that you have to run through, and you would die without a certain amount of AR.

A combination of these two would be best (agony if they want to reward ascended gear, something different if not)

RIP in peace Robert

in Suggestions

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

+1 for the entire jumping puzzle ideas. best feature in the game!

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)