Jumping puzzle: pets staying stowed issue

in Suggestions

Posted by: LizLemon.7843

LizLemon.7843

This is so frustrating to me and most people on other forums when I googled to try to find a solution. It absolutely drives me nuts when all I want to do is get through a jumping puzzle without my pet getting in the way of my line of site and I can’t take the slightest of falls without it coming back out. I’ve been working on a jumping puzzle and I am so frustrated, so I apologize if this reads a bit testy. Maybe a two step process like, swap pet to guard rather than attack AND collapsing it means it won’t be back until you expand the bar again. It’s really ridiculous and is ruining my enjoyment of the game. I just want to run a quick circle and get jumping again and I’ve got to stop, grab the mouse and put the pet away again. There isn’t even a hot key, that anyone seems to know about in other discussions I’ve seen on this. Thanks very much for considering this option.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Twylla Night.1792

Twylla Night.1792

I, too, would like stowing the ranger pet to work like swapping weapons or hiding/unhiding armor —- an option that stays until it is switched back manually.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kyredwen.5480

Kyredwen.5480

I agree. I fall during a climb, even a small fall in a (relatively) safe spot and out pops the pet. Ugh.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeidrich.8435

Zeidrich.8435

+1. It’s annoying to have your pet pop out when you don’t need it or it gets too close to a mob and takes aggro.

“This above all: to thine own self be true.”
-William Shakespeare

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

+1 yes definitely. most annoying when doing vistas or jumping puzzles. please fix it!

in Suggestions

LizLemon.7843

I just went back to the jumping puzzle I’m trying to accomplish and I missed a little jump, fell back to a ledge and and went from 1180 to 1140 health points and the pet was out. Now, I’m trying to do a quick scramble so I don’t have to go start over and I have a giant white owl flapping around my head or a brown bear wrapped around my feet. It’s pretty ridiculous.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zebulous.2934

Zebulous.2934

On this note, what is the smallest, least obstructive, pet available to rangers? Is there anything rabbit sized?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bri.8354

Bri.8354

I agree with a pet stow that doesn’t release upon entering combat.

They should also remove the timer on the pet stow and possibly modify the stow effects from traits when they make this change. Its annoying to release your pet just to find that it puts both pet swap AND stowing on cool-down.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

The only time my pet annoys me is doing jp and vistas. I find using the bird is a little less annoying.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Suggestions

LizLemon.7843

On this note, what is the smallest, least obstructive, pet available to rangers? Is there anything rabbit sized?

My bird, Phlip, is a raven and is probably the smallest pet and it still has a fairly big wing span. I cue that up for the least obstruction, but they buzz around your head when you are jumping.
So if you have a ground pet, and try to look at your feet to see where you need to jump, they are on top of them and if you use the birds, they flap at your head, so you can’t really see what you are looking at. It’s hard to explain, neither are good options in these jumping situations.

in Suggestions

Posted by: irrimn.3192

irrimn.3192

+10000000000000 to this. Sometimes my pet does more harm than good so being able to store them permanently would be a godsend!

Plus I think they should have a trait/ability that gave you a bonus to your damage when pet is perma-stowed so that you don’t lose TOO much damage with no pet or in situations where the pet is useless anyways (jumping puzzle fractal, I’m looking at you!)

in Suggestions

LizLemon.7843

+10000000000000 to this. Sometimes my pet does more harm than good so being able to store them permanently would be a godsend!

Plus I think they should have a trait/ability that gave you a bonus to your damage when pet is perma-stowed so that you don’t lose TOO much damage with no pet or in situations where the pet is useless anyways (jumping puzzle fractal, I’m looking at you!)

I appreciate you support on this, but please don’t make it more complicated than it needs to be. I’m a PvE player and I play purely for fun. I just want to be able to complete a map, vistas and jumping puzzles 100% with one character without stowing my pet every time I fall — Pets do nothing to support your character in these jumping situations, nor are they meant to. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t want to change the whole nature of the character, and then the developers need to mitigate damage, create new traits, and etc etc etc. I’m suggesting a SIMPLE stow your pet option, no need to rework the whole system

(edited by LizLemon.7843)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lionera.7908

Lionera.7908

the bonus dmg w/o the pet is nice if its implemented, but its kind of a long shot. id just really really like the ability to just keep the pet hidden until called upon

in Suggestions

Posted by: Almdudler.8621

Almdudler.8621

I agree! A nice buff called something like “spirit of the beast” which I grants you some power / vitaly while your pet is stored would be nice, because its really useless in some situations. Im not so much annoyed by jump puzzles, but some dungeons like CoE where you have to dogde alot AoE just are killing the pet in 5 seconds which make them useless there.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Laurel McFang.7159

Laurel McFang.7159

Stowing pets during jumping puzzles (or just in general) would really help a lot. I do hope arena net solves this connundrum.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Culzean.8571

Culzean.8571

I’ve tried posting on the forums about this and all I get is rage: “RANGER IS A PET CLASS IF YOU DONT WANT A PET PLAY A WARRIOR”

( ._.)

-Wulf

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

Yea sure.

15 characters.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

in Suggestions

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

I am very much in favour of being able to get rid of my “pet”.

It can be a burden and a liability.

It’s been said that it’s 40-60% of our damage (on the odd occasion when it’s alive), so there should be a buff to compesate.

However, I think we’re stuck with the pet, as ArenaNet will force you to play the Ranger how they see a Ranger should be (Beastmaster).

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kenage Achalarus.4276

Kenage Achalarus.4276

I actually will agree with this I do have a ranger he is not my main but when I stow my pet I want him stowed not hoping out of my pocket like pikachue. and what really gets annoying sometimes is people will sometimes forget like myself that they need to put their pet to away. i don’t like doing the borderland jumping puzzle with a rangers bare wanting to give me a hug or nibble at my health bar. but just my 2 cents

a Mesmer with a Greatsword [Confusion], your mind has been [Mind Wrack]

in Suggestions

LizLemon.7843

I’ve tried posting on the forums about this and all I get is rage: “RANGER IS A PET CLASS IF YOU DONT WANT A PET PLAY A WARRIOR”

( ._.)

I feel you man, but it’s not a ranger redesign, it is just for jumping puzzles and non-combat situations OR, the player should take more damage than 40 points before it un-stows itself.

in Suggestions

LizLemon.7843

Bump! This is still a silly issue. Why does the pet not stayed stowed when you are not in combat?