Just let us buy precursor from Miyani.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

Would solve everything in an instant, TP be kitten ed because this would still be a gold sink anyway.

Just update the vendor Miyani to sell precursors for 300g. It’s a more than reasonable amount and you wouldn’t have to do anything annoying or ridiculous for “crafting” it which I’m sure will be even more annoying than crafting ascended weapons is.

Anyway this is my quick fix suggestion and I don’t see a problem with it. 300g for a precursor is a reasonable amount. They should be account-bound anyway. Let us buy them from Miyani and get it over with. If people still want to gamble RNG in mystic toilet let them but let people who don’t just buy the kitten thing already……..

I have 600g and eventually when I get 800g there’s no freaking way I’m giving some random lucky nub who got lucky as hell that much gold for dusk only because he was luckier than me. It’s lame. Reward your players EFFORT with a reward.

Those of us who are not lucky need a way to put our effort into getting a precursor without RNG being a factor and I’m not about to wait 2+ months to be able to craft it.

If having us craft it is gonna take you guys +2 months to finish in development time I think you guys should just take the easier route and do it this way instead of making us wait +2 months. It’s ridiculous.

(edited by Shelledfade.6435)

in Suggestions

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Hi shelledfade,

I think this suggestion is too late. They allready explained that there is a need for a different way to get a precrusor. So they announced that before the end of the year you can craft your own. It will take effort to get a precursor, but it will not have anything to do with luck wether you get it or not.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

in Suggestions

Shelledfade.6435

Hi shelledfade,

I think this suggestion is too late. They allready explained that there is a need for a different way to get a precrusor. So they announced that before the end of the year you can craft your own. It will take effort to get a precursor, but it will not have anything to do with luck wether you get it or not.

they said its likely not to be out by the end of this year so that’s why I’d rather suggest an easier and quicker way for them to get this too us without RNG being a factor.

I’m ok with crafting it but not if I need to wait 2+ months to do it. I’m done waiting for something that should have been released already.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

i would rather they let us buy the precursor from miyani using skill points. but they introduced the skill point scroll so….

in Suggestions

Shelledfade.6435

Someone should make a character name called Toilet paper, then stand him there next to mystic toilet 24/7.

Ops too late….

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stalima.5490

Stalima.5490

the problem with making them more “available” is that unless it takes an insane amount just to craft, the entire feeling from these items dropping will go from “YES I GOT IT” to “meh whatever” and im pretty sure they dont want that…

as ppl learned from WoW “epics without feeling are no epics at all” its alright saying i want this and that now but months or years down the line youll just feel that prcursor stuff is not really a big deal

and by your logic it sounds like your going to farm the ENTIRE legendary from scratch with no TP involved – so much as buying any of those rare crafting materials thats bloods, venoms, any of it… goes against everything youve just said.

in Suggestions

Shelledfade.6435

the problem with making them more “available” is that unless it takes an insane amount just to craft, the entire feeling from these items dropping will go from “YES I GOT IT” to “meh whatever” and im pretty sure they dont want that…

as ppl learned from WoW “epics without feeling are no epics at all” its alright saying i want this and that now but months or years down the line youll just feel that prcursor stuff is not really a big deal

and by your logic it sounds like your going to farm the ENTIRE legendary from scratch with no TP involved kitten much as buying any of those rare crafting materials thats bloods, venoms, any of it… goes against everything youve just said.

Your logic is flawed. I just don’t want to give 800g to someone who was simply luckier than me. I wont give 2 months of solid grinding effort to someone who got lucky with RNG.

300g is a reasonable amount for precursor.

Will I spend 40 or 50g on t6 mats to craft a couple gifts? I don’t see why not. Time is money in this game, that won’t change. If I spent time grinding the T6 mats instead of grinding globs from fractals/dungeons to sell it would be the exact same thing in the end regardless. Gold equals whatever you want it to be.

However this same statement does not hold true at all when regarding precursor. It’s dumb luck RNG, which is completely different. Time is gold, but not regarding precursors.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Charismatic Harm.9683

Charismatic Harm.9683

I see good and bad with this suggestion….

The good:

• This would be an even bigger gold sink when talking about precursors. The current gold sink is the TP, of which 15% of the price is removed from the game. This way, 100% of the price is removed from the game. It might be too much though.

The bad:

• Precursors will cease to be rare in any sense of the word, thereby making Legendaries commonplace. While some may see this as a good thing from their individual point of view (i.e “I’ve got mine, that’s all I care about”), it will actually make them less desirable.
  • As I stated above, the gold sink could be too large. Removing huge chunks of gold at a time as “everyone” rushes to buy their precursor from Miyani will, most likely, cause a ripple effect throughout the TP. That much gold leaving the game at once is not a good thing.
  • Mystic Forge crafting of precursors will become obsolete. That may seem like a good idea as well, but it will cause the prices, and value, of rare and exotic weapons to tank. This will also make crafting of those rares and exotics less valuable.
  • The prices of materials used to craft the rares and exotics that are tossed into the forge will likely also see a hit. As fewer are used to craft those rares and exotics, the supply of the items will increase and the price will drop. Some will also view this as a good thing, but what happens when everything you loot in the game becomes essentially worthless?

I like the idea of crafting your own precursor. I think it will give those players that don’t want to rely on RNG to get their pretty shiny a way to get it through hard work and dedication. That’s a great thing. Giving players the ability to buy the most sought after items in the game whenever they want is not good for the overall health of the economy or the game.

I doubt Anet is going to bork the precursor crafting. I think they know the ramifications if they do. They know that some of the player base is unhappy with the current system and they are addressing it. Let’s not rush them. If we do, we’ll get a craptacular system that no one will like anyway.

Guild: Member of Charter Vanguard [CV]
Logic will never win an argument on the forums…..only a sense of entitlement will.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stalima.5490

Stalima.5490

the thing is, those who dont want to rely on RNG already have a solution… its available on the trading post, youve already grinded a load of materals for the legendary, whats a little gold grinding?

the only problem i see with it is the mystic clovers… they can get rather annoying as there is no reliable way to obtain them