Keep your hands off my MF gear

in Suggestions

Posted by: KrisV.5612

KrisV.5612

We want to remove the choice players are currently being forced to make on their gear: “Do I go with better stats, or better loot?” This isn’t in the spirit of cooperation that Guild Wars 2 is all about. As such, we’ll be removing magic find entirely as an item stat and turning it into account stat that improved the odds of rare drops for all your characters.
You can improve your account magic find through the account achievement reward system and from consumable items found in game. As your magic find increases, it will require more consumables to keep raising it higher. In the near future, we’ll detail the system we’ll use to replace the existing magic find items. Our goal will be to have as little disruption as possible to those who currently own items with a magic find stat on them.

From GW2’s lastest post. Keep your kitten hands off my gear. Its my choice to run the gear, I have no problem surviving in dungeons and other things while using it. Only difference between MF gear and normal gear with similar stats is the % crit dmg stat, which I dont care about. So keep your filthy hands off my MF!

Kris Auditore- 80 Warrior Hawk Ice- Main 80 Ranger
Leader of Immortal Legacy on Blackgate(US)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/immortallegacy/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mist Y.5214

Mist Y.5214

Only difference between MF gear and normal gear with similar stats is the % crit dmg stat that I contribute less to the team so I’m essentially leeching to get slightly better drops because I’m a selfish person who doesn’t respect his teammates, which I dont care about.

fixed that for ya (=

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mist Y.5214

Mist Y.5214

Are you claiming that crit damage doesn’t increase your DPS? If, as you (falsely) claim, you’re a good player, you’d be getting a lot more out of that crit damage than a scrub like me. However, your failure to understand the mechanics of the game just goes to show that you need the boost you’ll get from being forced to wear proper gear.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Calm down and read it again.

In the near future, we’ll detail the system we’ll use to replace the existing magic find items. Our goal will be to have as little disruption as possible to those who currently own items with a magic find stat on them.

My guess is that there will be a way to use our MF gear to get the acc. bound MF. For example, let’s say that a different consumable item will be used to get the acc. bound MF, and we get it by salvaging our MF gear. Would it be that bad? I don’t think so.
Before anybody starts yelling at me, I only use my MF set to farm with my best friend (and he also wears his own MF set for that, and we only farm in the open world), not in dungeons.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

(edited by Gabby.3205)

in Suggestions

Posted by: KrisV.5612

KrisV.5612

I rarely go into dungeons because to me their a waste of time and i can farm more money mostly out in the world killing kitten, but not the point whether i’m using it in kittening dungeons or not, they need to leave the kittening stat alone. My kittening choice to use it, so leave it the hell alone. Idk care the account wide one, Its not gonna be the 150% MF that I have.

Kris Auditore- 80 Warrior Hawk Ice- Main 80 Ranger
Leader of Immortal Legacy on Blackgate(US)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/immortallegacy/

(edited by KrisV.5612)

in Suggestions

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

O.K. calm down and take a deep breath. I have found that magic find really doesn’t make that big of a difference in your hourly earnings. Murdering mobs faster with most non-magic find gear makes you just as much gold.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

So I spent Laurels, Ectos and Fractal Relics on my Ascended MF gear. I want them returned thanks.

in Suggestions

bloodletting wolf.2837

So I spent Laurels, Ectos and Fractal Relics on my Ascended MF gear. I want them returned thanks.

I completely agree – If they don’t give back at least the laurels that’s dirty pool.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

I completely agree – If they don’t give back at least the laurels that’s dirty pool.

I’d like my 20 pristine relics back, too. And anyone who spent guild commendations on ascended mf gear should get those back as well.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Alot players complained about MagicFind in parties. If one out of five players wore it, he dragged the party down and got rewards for it. Imagine a five man party going into CoF p1 with pure MF equip. They’d die every stage and couldn’t kill the endboss.
Currently MF relies on leeching of your teammates for personal rewards.
ANet addressed this and has ANNOUNCED measurements (not implemented yet). They haven’t talked about compensation, but leechers like to complain beforehand.

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

From GW2’s lastest post. Keep your kitten hands off my gear. Its my choice to run the gear, I have no problem surviving in dungeons and other things while using it. Only difference between MF gear and normal gear with similar stats is the % crit dmg stat, which I dont care about. So keep your filthy hands off my MF!

It’s your choice to burden your teammates and have them carry you? No… that should be the choice of your teammates. At this time, there’s no choice for the people who are negatively affected by your selfish use of MF gear.

As such, respect is given when respect is shown. You show a distinct lack of respect towards your teammates. Effectively, they won’t respect you either. You brought this onto yourself.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

who take ascended magic find? rly?!

I’ve seen everything right now

for me even exotics magic find items – except celestial ones, are just unworthy – kill Your statisstics to HAVE A CHANCE for better loot FROM MOBS

just…. lol

btw. stats that currently had MF on it will be revamped to something usable – question is if it will still suit Your playstyle…

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

So, once again Anet has capitulated to the moaning elitists. First it was ascended gear because the whingers wanted a gear grind and now they have got Anet to persecute MF users on their behalf.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

(edited by uknortherner.2670)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Although I always regarded MF as a selfish stat, I agree it is wrong to just take gear away from players.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ram Banson.4081

Ram Banson.4081

Only difference between MF gear and normal gear with similar stats is the % crit dmg stat that I contribute less to the team so I’m essentially leeching to get slightly better drops because I’m a selfish person who doesn’t respect his teammates, which I dont care about.

fixed that for ya (=

Hahahahaa so true ^.^

ITS A VERY GOOD CHOICE TO REMOVE THAT , but instead you could give some better loot especially t6 dropps!!

Blùb [LuPi]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

They are compensating for it. Why is it always that when ANET announces something the first thing people do is rage on about it without actually reading/listening to what has been said?

MF never was proven to work anyway.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

I am all for removing/changing Magic Find gear. Good job Anet!

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

fixed that for ya (=

You sure do get your panties in a twist about someone getting more imaginary items than you might get. If the game is that real to you, seek professional help.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Slyfer.6478

Slyfer.6478

fixed that for ya (=

You sure do get your panties in a twist about someone getting more imaginary items than you might get. If the game is that real to you, seek professional help.

People are “getting panties in a twist” because magic find is not something that can be checked and it impacts everyone else in the team! We are not jealous of extra items other people have, we are peeved that they secretly leech making us pull the extra weight of a scrub. If someone in your party has magic find and you do dungeons, it means you are spending more time out of your precious day grinding extra cause of some lowly cheapskate aka spending more time on a game. Least they could do is add some notification for other party members that someone is running x% magic find. You are the one who should seek professional help due to completely overshooting the topic in attempt to gain much needed attention. Least you could do is be competent about the issue at hand before spitting garbage.

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

I’ve yet to see any kind of proof that a moaning elitist is a far better player than a player with MF gear. The last time I checked, it’s skill, not stats that matter in this game.

Oh, but I forgot, elitists aren’t interested in enjoying GW2 – they’re just in it for the loot and treat it like a second job. After all, it must be really detrimental to them that they might have to spend an extra second or two speedrunning a dungeon because some sneaky MF user has infiltrated their precious MF-free ubergroup.

I also hear the same old argument being trotted out that the rest of the group is carrying the MF user? Are you really so sure about that? How do we know that it’s not you elitists who are just incompetent and looking for a scapegoat to blame every time you get wiped because in reality, you’re so obsessed with stats and ordering people about that it is probably those MF users who are carrying you.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

bloodletting wolf.2837

I’ve yet to see any kind of proof that a moaning elitist is a far better player than a player with MF gear. The last time I checked, it’s skill, not stats that matter in this game.

Oh, but I forgot, elitists aren’t interested in enjoying GW2 – they’re just in it for the loot and treat it like a second job. After all, it must be really detrimental to them that they might have to spend an extra second or two speedrunning a dungeon because some sneaky MF user has infiltrated their precious MF-free ubergroup.

I also hear the same old argument being trotted out that the rest of the group is carrying the MF user? Are you really so sure about that? How do we know that it’s not you elitists who are just incompetent and looking for a scapegoat to blame every time you get wiped because in reality, you’re so obsessed with stats and ordering people about that it is probably those MF users who are carrying you.

Pretty funny that I don’t have to res players that don’t use MF but if they are running full MF I’m constantly stopping to help them up. Sounds like someone is mad that they won’t be able to leech off of other players anymore soon.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Can’t we just wait and see what will happen for once instead of freaking out and go fighting each other over something so small? No? Carry on then.
I am happy that I won’t have to change to my MF set when farming. That’s 12 extra slots for me and way faster kills.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

12 second MF lupi kill? 5 Precursor drops.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

so you are actually complaining about the fact that you can have one more stat (all your character in the account) without giving up anything hen you gear… you can have magic find along with a third stat, and you are complaining?

sound very stupid to me

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in Suggestions

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I just want my 20 pristine fractal relics, my 50 laurels I spent on the Golden Lotus & Magic find infusion, and the 30 gold from my armor/weapons/runes/sigils back. then I’ll be contempt.

(Note: I never ran MF gear when in dungeon parties, only when I farmed by myself. However, being the toughness/vitality build I am, IF I did equip MF gear, and survived while doing so, I would actually be helping my party more.)

NSPride <3

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

I just want my 20 pristine fractal relics, my 50 laurels I spent on the Golden Lotus & Magic find infusion, and the 30 gold from my armor/weapons/runes/sigils back. then I’ll be contempt.

So it would disgust you if you got those things?… o.O

Also, you shouldn’t expect to get full value back. You have used and benefited from these items.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I don’t own a set of MF gear. Never really cared to have a set.

I like this change.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in Suggestions

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

It’s realy sick that with every news Anet has to offer there is always a bunch who complains. This question has been up a long time and on the forums it has seemed like majority has wished for this.
And now when it is announced alot of players go balistic.
I am no elitist nor do I do alot of dungeons but when I do I feel like iether I have to choose to get a chance to better loot or doing better performance and I don’t like that.
I am totaly for this change, it is good and it is needed, what’s not needed is MF on Equipment.

Since this is a suggestion forum I am going to suggest that we could have an extra accesory slot, and that slot can only be equiped with a utility such as MF+, GF+, KF+.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in Suggestions

Posted by: natsos.3692

natsos.3692

Some things I believe that will happen.

1) MF Cap will be as high as 300-500. You will still have the same ammount of MF as you have now(if not more).
2) All Ascendent items with MF on them will get a slight boost as they will lose one stat(probably anything close to +5 stats)
3)All Non Ascendent items with MF will have 1 stat less, which opens up space for a new stat combination.(power , precision , vitality anyone?)

This change benefits all players. MF users or not, so please wait for the changes to happen and start complaining then..

Natsos, Necromancer
Officer of Spartians GR[SPGR]
Gandara EU

in Suggestions

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

So it would disgust you if you got those things?… o.O

Also, you shouldn’t expect to get full value back. You have used and benefited from these items.

Yes, I do. I know at first, it seems like the value should decrease due to usage, but there’s a bigger picture:

I needed better loot. Most of my mat drops were T5 at best, and my luck finding rares and exotics was…undesirable. So I decided to invest my currency in a set of MF gear. Seeing as how insignificant even 50% magic find is, I had to go the whole 10 yards. I bought full explorer’s armor, with 6 runes of the traveler. A traveler’s longbow, sword, and dagger. Superior sigils of accuracy for all 3 weapons. both the rings (Snaff’s Gyre & Yakkington’s Ring). And the Golden Lotus W/ magica infusion. Then, A-net decides to remove these equips in place of a bigger, and better system. But the fact still stands — I invested in these things because I didn’t think the system would change. Regardless of how much I used them, I should not lose my resources for a change on A-net’s part. If I had known this would happen, I would have spent my currency in other fields.

A-net has given refunds before. Such as when they modified the arrowcart mastery world ability point line in WvW; after modifying the line, they gave an ability point reset to all players, because if they would have had a choice of where to spend their points with knowledge of the change, some would have spent it differently — regardless of how much they used the original point-line.

NSPride <3

in Suggestions

Posted by: Slyfer.6478

Slyfer.6478

Seriously? Have you done any dungeons? Once you have done them like at least 50 times or so you will clearly see the MF user dropping far more than the player with stats. It is pure math. You are decreasing chance of success so you could have your grubby hands on a few extra greens and blues. And here is a question: Are you really sure that MF works all that well? You are the one who fails to cooperate and give your 100% for the group. Just stop moaning about your kitten MF already, they will fix it elegantly i am sure but fact remains it should not be on gear! There is nothing elitist about not wanting to roll with a MF user, if you do not have the courtesy to respect the time of others i personally do not care for the MF user. Plus do you even know what elitist means? You have been throwing it around quite a lot. If MAJORITY of the game base wants it gone then how are you, the MINORITY not the elitist here?