Knockdowns...

Knockdowns...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Explizit.3967

Explizit.3967

So I’ve been doing a lot of AC recently and getting pretty frustrated… Getting knockdown WHILE ALREADY knockdown is stupid… It chains to 3-4 knockdowns which is about 10-12 seconds. Then you get mauled on and die instantly.

Basically…. I really don’t think you should be able to get knockdown while already knockdown.

Knockdowns...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Yeah this just drives out the fun of this dungeon, people used to run AC in droves, but with the changes done to it, the amount of people who actually do it past just getting it done for Dungeon Master requirements is down dramatically!!! I really think that the Chain K/D’s and the sheer amount of Condi DMG from the Spider Queen to be way way too much of a change to make it “Challenging” yeah challenging to the point of no one does it anymore….

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Knockdowns...

in Suggestions

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

stability
All classes can get it.

I think your issue is with the Gravelings in the gravelings tunnels. These foes are there to be killed and not to be run past. I know most groups do it and I have done that too. But they are actually palced there to fight them. If you want to skip parts of a dungeon you are required to bring specifick skills, specially for this part. So unlock a skill that grant stability and use it.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Knockdowns...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Slomoshun.6317

Slomoshun.6317

stability
All classes can get it.

I think your issue is with the Gravelings in the gravelings tunnels. These foes are there to be killed and not to be run past. I know most groups do it and I have done that too. But they are actually palced there to fight them. If you want to skip parts of a dungeon you are required to bring specifick skills, specially for this part. So unlock a skill that grant stability and use it.

I take it you don’t have a thief?

The only stability they have is Dagger Storm..and elite skill that mainly focuses on AOE dmg. It’s not very popular for a PVE stability buff.

But I do agree with the OP. The lack of diminishing returns on conditions and CC in GW2’s PVE has always annoyed the hell out of me.

Knockdowns...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Explizit.3967

Explizit.3967

stability
All classes can get it.

Running past them is done quite a bit. And I’ll admit I do it sometimes too, but, when me and my party do try to kill them it’s still an issue. Trying to fight them then getting knockdown for 10 seconds is ridiculous… You shouldn’t be able to get knockdown while already knockdown.

Knockdowns...

in Suggestions

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

you should try using a stun break. Stability can be tough to come by, and if it isn’t applied beforehand it’s useless. Stability lying down will keep you down.

save your stun break for when you get KD’d. Dodge out, then reposition. Anyone running without an effective stun break and some way to mitigate conditions in a dungeon run is just asking for some pain.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Knockdowns...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Also, STOP RUNNING BEZERKERS!
PvE is best run with 3/5 the group built atleast half for support…
Example, warrior: if you don’t use healing shouts or healing banners, get out of the run and let the group find someone useful….or run as a tanker build (mace/shield and a gun in your offset for block tank/kite tank)
ranger: a pet with a healing skill (plant dog) or cleanse skill (brown bear) and healing spring can be immensely helpfull…oh and that brown bear skill will get someone off the ground if they are ont he ground, tell the bear to run at the enemy near the persona nd make it use the skill…viola you just saved their kitten .
necromancer: run as a wellomancer and watch how you become the most usefull member of a party (blinding an entire group of enemies for the entire durration of a well=pure win and an excellent way to mitigate the problem of the Gravelings for awhile).
guardian: if you can’t find a way to be support as a guardian please justs top playing….

getting the hint here? your personal damage means absolutely nothing in a dungeoun run, keeping everyone up and moving is paramount. I don’t care if you do 100k dps if you go down easily and provide no benefit to the other 4 people in the group. Group survivability > than any ammount of damage you personally pull off.

Knockdowns...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

Also, STOP RUNNING BEZERKERS!
PvE is best run with 3/5 the group built atleast half for support…
Example, warrior: if you don’t use healing shouts or healing banners, get out of the run and let the group find someone useful….or run as a tanker build (mace/shield and a gun in your offset for block tank/kite tank)
ranger: a pet with a healing skill (plant dog) or cleanse skill (brown bear) and healing spring can be immensely helpfull…oh and that brown bear skill will get someone off the ground if they are ont he ground, tell the bear to run at the enemy near the persona nd make it use the skill…viola you just saved their kitten .
necromancer: run as a wellomancer and watch how you become the most usefull member of a party (blinding an entire group of enemies for the entire durration of a well=pure win and an excellent way to mitigate the problem of the Gravelings for awhile).
guardian: if you can’t find a way to be support as a guardian please justs top playing….

getting the hint here? your personal damage means absolutely nothing in a dungeoun run, keeping everyone up and moving is paramount. I don’t care if you do 100k dps if you go down easily and provide no benefit to the other 4 people in the group. Group survivability > than any ammount of damage you personally pull off.

In most cases, if you’re running anything other than full berserker, you’re just doing the dungeons with training wheels. Once you learn how to do the dungeons and avoid the damage, you can put all of your stats into offense.

This is not to say that running not full berserker is bad, it is a learning step. Not everyone starts dungeons knowing how to avoid damage, but once you do, then you take the step to remove the training wheels.

Builds are completely different, and often bringing select defensive utilities can be vital. However, it is my belief that a dungeon group is most effective run with 4 focused on DPS and passive party damage bonuses, while one builds a bit more defensive with their utilities, bringing things that help others avoid damage (most typically a Guardian).

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)