Kodans as playable race.

Kodans as playable race.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Imakkiman.2875

Imakkiman.2875

Hey there! I am sure this has been posted a million times. I have not logged on for a while now, and after thinking for a while, i realised : Just by having the kodan as a playable race i would play this game forever and ever!

They are just too awesome not to have as a playable race. I am sure Anet has thought about this atleast a little, but they must hear the voice of the kodans!!

KODANS MUST BE PLAYABLE! KODANS UNITE!!!

pic related

(oh and also something like a pvp arena from WoW, would keep lots of people interested)

Attachments:

Kodans as playable race.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ProAlex.4723

ProAlex.4723

I want to be a quagan.
Nice teeth!

Kodans as playable race.

in Suggestions

Imakkiman.2875

I want to be a quagan.
Nice teeth!

This thread is not about frogs! go away !

Kodans as playable race.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lewzephyr.5281

Lewzephyr.5281

Id not mind Kodans, Quaggans, and Skritt.

Putting the laughter back into Slaughter!!!!!

Kodans as playable race.

in Suggestions

Posted by: arcaneclarity.5283

arcaneclarity.5283

I would rather see the return of the dwarves.

Kodans as playable race.

in Suggestions

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

I want to be a quagan.
Nice teeth!

This thread is not about frogs! go away !

those are the hylek you’re talking about.

Also, i doubt kodans are going to become a playable race, considering that they rarely venture out into the world, and the only examples of their culture are a lone kodan who lost his entire tribe, and another kodan city that is waayyy too small for anything to happen.

There needs to be a suitable location for their own capital city and not a shared one with the norn.

not saying i dont want them, i very much want the kodan, but the chances of them entering the game are low unless we see a serious culture change.

Kodans as playable race.

in Suggestions

Imakkiman.2875

yeah i know it seems unlikely, but they are just so awesome. i actually prefer them over any playable race at the moment. But, it’s just a matter of opinion i guess!

Kodans as playable race.

in Suggestions

castlemanic.3198

yeah i know it seems unlikely, but they are just so awesome. i actually prefer them over any playable race at the moment. But, it’s just a matter of opinion i guess!

Unfortunately it is. I personally have to say an equally cool race is the tengu, though i dont know if that’s your cup of tea or not. If it is, that’s great, because they have everything perfect lore wise and game wise for implementation. They have a capital city, the dominion of winds, and an area that is large enough to be the starting zone.

Kodans as playable race.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kyndron.8340

Kyndron.8340

I’d love to see the Kodan as a playable race. My thinking is, if a future expansion allows access to the Far Shiverpeaks (as part of a Jormag story arc) then a Kodan home city may appear.

My only thought on this subject, though, is the fact that ALL Kodan (except the Voice) wear the same armour and wield a hammer… Kind of screams “GUARDIAN”…

Jenju – level 80 norn ranger
Server = Desolation
Guild = Miscellaneous

Kodans as playable race.

in Suggestions

castlemanic.3198

I’d love to see the Kodan as a playable race. My thinking is, if a future expansion allows access to the Far Shiverpeaks (as part of a Jormag story arc) then a Kodan home city may appear.

My only thought on this subject, though, is the fact that ALL Kodan (except the Voice) wear the same armour and wield a hammer… Kind of screams “GUARDIAN”…

The kodan are incomplete model wise, seeing as every kodan in the game wields a hammer (even the necromancer and elementalist kodan trainers in the kodan city i was talking about). Also, there is no facial distinction and absolutely no variation in armour, height, body shapes, anything, except for chest coverings for the female kodan, between each kodan. the one kodan that brings any form of variation is the voice of the kodan, which has black markings all over her face. and as far as i know, she is the only kodan that looks different form every other kodan in the game.

Kodans as playable race.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yinn.6507

Yinn.6507

Quaggan or skritt. Polar bears are ugly.

Kodans as playable race.

in Suggestions

castlemanic.3198

Quaggan or skritt. Polar bears are ugly.

Both are considered lesser races, meaning that they’ll almost surely never be playable races in the game.

Kodans as playable race.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yinn.6507

Yinn.6507

My dreams are crushed; oh well, any other new race would be all right I guess.

Kodans as playable race.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Direngrey.1247

Direngrey.1247

The Tengu are the next race, they have a certain guide and a few questions they ask when trying to choose a new race, the Tengu fit all of them and much more than all of the others. They are hinted on ALL the time in-game, and many of us would like to see them in future expansions.

These are the questions that ArenaNet ask, and this exact post can be found from an ArenaNet staff member at http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/2094-room-for-future-races-and-classes/page__st__60#entry89820.
The Tengu fit them all, look at the answers.

Is the race visually and culturally interesting (are they cool enough to be a playable race)? Yes, as they are one of the most wanted races to be playable. Their culture, though not expanded as much as the playable races, has good detail, though they could easily be expanded more.

Do they provide us with a different sort of archetype that is currently not in the game? They can play as the previously oppressed and the widespread race – very similar to humans, though, but they have many differences, mostly in culture, such as being territorial. They could also be expanded to be more different from humans and centaurs in terms of archetype – since (from the player’s point of view) the only similarity between the three is being pushed out of their previous homeland and being wide spread.

How difficult would it be to implement the new race from an art/animation standpoint?
The race is very humanoid, so the only difficulty would be figuring out which ones, other than that, it would be as hard as new animations for any of the current races.

Can we write a compelling story for them? What is the lore impact on making them playable?
This depends on where the Tengu are from. Canthan Tengu would be easier to write a story for them, than Tyrian Tengu. And affiliations would, at least, be limited to just 2, instead of 3 or 4 like the current five races’ affiliations.

Does the new race provide us with the opportunity to make cool skills and abilities?
That would depend on how far the race evolves and advances. And how the lore on them is expanded.

Kodans as playable race.

in Suggestions

castlemanic.3198

-race choosing guide-

No offense direngrey, this IS great information, but you’ve posted that atleast 5 other times as well. Maybe keep it until somebody asks what the next race might be?

Kodans as playable race.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Direngrey.1247

Direngrey.1247

-race choosing guide-

No offense direngrey, this IS great information, but you’ve posted that atleast 5 other times as well. Maybe keep it until somebody asks what the next race might be?

Understood, that’s fine, I just like to voice my opinion, it really bugs me when people think that something’s going to happen when most likely it won’t, I prefer to tell people like ‘Listen, not gonna happen, this is more likely.’.
Sorry, anyhow.