LFG System. And Suggestion's for It

in Suggestions

Posted by: MsNineTailz.9508

MsNineTailz.9508

Okay for the most part the system is sound but I feel it could use a little work
here’s my list.

1. lose the name LFG.
I think people will find that most of the time it will be used to
get into dungeon run’s maybe fractal’s more then grouping up for living story etc.
Dungeon Finder or perhaps Dungeon Runner. out rightly I know you can do better then LFG.

2. I don’t know if the current UI for the (LFG) is a place holder or what but it looks tacky you did such great work with the WvW window and the PvP window that it makes the LFG a bit misplaced from the rest of the feature’s.

3. Automating the system more. Right now you have to do everything within it to form a group from merging etc. it would be so much more streamline if once you have submitted that you wanted a group for a run through Ascolonian Catacombs the system would find the group for you. Then once the group is formed the system transports the group to the selected dungeon or fractal etc. also finally one extra addition would be nice if you have someone drop out of the group the system automatically finds someone else to fill in that slot instead of having to relist your group and having you all kicked out of the Dungeon/Fractal.

You may or may not agree with my idea’s but I base all this off experiences playing other MMO’s and what works and doesn’t work in the long run. Please if your going to comment make it positive not negative I’m only trying to help ArenaNet.

And yes my gramma is bad but you can get over it :P

AMD-FX 8350 16GB RipJawX DDR3 AMD Radeon R9 270X.

in Suggestions

Posted by: halfsquelch.3465

halfsquelch.3465

“once you have submitted that you wanted a group for a run through Ascolonian Catacombs the system would find the group for you.”

This would be a horrible idea because you would not be able to set requirements on what classes and builds you want in your group.

Sea of Sorrows – FIST

in Suggestions

MsNineTailz.9508

“once you have submitted that you wanted a group for a run through Ascolonian Catacombs the system would find the group for you.”

This would be a horrible idea because you would not be able to set requirements on what classes and builds you want in your group.

Why on earth would you want to set requirement’s this isn’t world of warcraft.
where there is set roles tank/dps/healer everyone’s equal and as far your build’s are concerned if you can’t make a good call on what build to bring for said dungeon prior well frankly that’s on the player not the system.

and on record I never said anything about taking away the option to post a group description for your group requirement’s on the LFG system you should be able to still do that.

But once that has been submitted the system should take that information and find a group automatically based on your group criteria that you submitted best case scenario have predefined tic box options to set your rules for your group requirement’s .

(edited by MsNineTailz.9508)

in Suggestions

Posted by: halfsquelch.3465

halfsquelch.3465

And what about people that have found their way onto guild blacklists because they suck at the game and get their party killed all the time? How would you keep the system from auto joining them into someones party.

“Why on earth would you want to set requirement’s”
I am guessing you have never done FotM 48 or been in a zerker CoF or CoE run

Sea of Sorrows – FIST

(edited by halfsquelch.3465)

in Suggestions

MsNineTailz.9508

And what about people that have found their way only guild blacklists because they suck at the game and get their party killed all the time? How would you keep the system from auto joining them into someones party.

Look I can’t speak to that end each player has there preferred skill level
and in the grand truth of things you can never make everyone happy its impossible. I honestly think that if people can’t except that and not use that as a reason to make that person feel bad that may be falling behind the group then well its on that person having the issue not the one having a hard time keeping up etc.

When you begin to use something like player skill level as a reason to single someone out you only send a clear message to everyone else. I could use example’s to describe the type of person they may be by doing that but I am not going to go that far.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

I would suggest to let us see the other LFGs while we have our own submitted and not have to remove my submitting to be able to do that.