LFG tool suggestion

LFG tool suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Canoas.8423

Canoas.8423

There are players who want a LFG matchmaking to help them find dungeons faster, others argue that such a tool would destroy the commit (and I also share this view).

So, what I propose is a mix between the two. Have a tab with a list of the groups and players who want to join a dungeon. You can add yourself/your group and leave the list whenever you want. Besides listing your class it also let’s you add a small description, mainly so we can explain our playstyle and avoid useless setups (like 2 condition thieves since conditions won’t stack over 25).

The big difference between this and a LFG system would be that there was no matchmaking. Nothing is automatic. Want someone to join your group? Ok then, ask them. Want to join someone’s group? Ask them as well. All it would do is let you easily search for other people while doing events or such in another map instead of being forced to stay in front of the dungeon spamming /map.

It would pretty much just be an interface to meet fellow dungeoneers which would make finding a party much easier but still wouldn’t feel like you’re playing with npcs instead of people. Communication would still be needed, and you would be the one choosing who to invite to your group. If the guardian you played with yesterday is on the list maybe you would want to invite him instead of someone else, for example.

LFG tool suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crica.1503

Crica.1503

as long as an auto-grouping feature is also added for players who do not wish to spend their time looking for a group like you want to do, sure

If I don’t like it, I won’t do it.

LFG tool suggestion

in Suggestions

Canoas.8423

Ok then, we can easily fix that by allowing the person to choose to be instantly invited. If you don’t want to bother finding a group it would automatically accept the first dude that invites you, bypassing the “hey, want to join this group?”.

LFG tool suggestion

in Suggestions

Crica.1503

Ok then, we can easily fix that by allowing the person to choose to be instantly invited. If you don’t want to bother finding a group it would automatically accept the first dude that invites you, bypassing the “hey, want to join this group?”.

that is not auto-grouping, that is me spending my time inviting ppl…

auto-grouping is the game grouping you up from a queue you place yourself into for whichever dungeons you are interested in

in case you do not understand – i have NO issues at all with you spending YOUR time looking for a group of players to run dungeons with if that is what you enjoy doing – i DO have issues spending MY time looking for a group of players to run dungeons with because I do not enjoy doing that…

(edited by Crica.1503)

LFG tool suggestion

in Suggestions

Canoas.8423

This would be pretty close to auto grouping. The main difference is that if people don’t want to play with you they can choose not to.

LFG tool suggestion

in Suggestions

Crica.1503

they can already choose to not play with players like me by NOT using the auto-grouping feature that players like me would be using and instead spending their time looking for players to group with using your system that does not auto-group players…

LFG tool suggestion

in Suggestions

Canoas.8423

Or you can wait a few mins and someone would invite you.

LFG tool suggestion

in Suggestions

Crica.1503

or you and players like you can just use the system you enjoy while i and players like me use the system we enjoy?

LFG tool suggestion

in Suggestions

Canoas.8423

LFG tool suggestion

in Suggestions

Crica.1503

we can do this all night

or you can use the system you enjoy while i use the system i enjoy?

LFG tool suggestion

in Suggestions

Canoas.8423

Which would require a matchmaking system that destroys the community. On the other hand, you could wait a couple of minutes. Or better, once you use the system and get to know other people, find a good group in seconds.

LFG tool suggestion

in Suggestions

Crica.1503

Which would require a matchmaking system that destroys the community. On the other hand, you could wait a couple of minutes. Or better, once you use the system and get to know other people, find a good group in seconds.

destroy the community how?

ppl like me dont want to play with ppl like you RIGHT NOW without an auto grouping feature so adding an auto grouping feature for players like me isnt going to change a thing

ppl like you dont want to let other ppl play the game the way they enjoy, everyone MUST play the game ONLY the way YOU enjoy, so we just avoid playing with ppl like you so we can continue to play the game the way WE enjoy and you can continue to play the game the way YOU enjoy….

LFG tool suggestion

in Suggestions

Canoas.8423

So you’re saying that it wouldn’t destroy the community because all it does is divide it?

LFG tool suggestion

in Suggestions

Crica.1503

So you’re saying that it wouldn’t destroy the community because all it does is divide it?

the community is ALREADY divided because of ppl like you who try to force players to play the game THEIR way…

Try accepting players and how they enjoy playing the game instead of trying to FORCE them to play the game YOUR way and it might not be so divided?

LFG tool suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: montie.2415

montie.2415

Wow, what just happened here?

LFG tool suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: daemonlama.5413

daemonlama.5413

I’m with you Canoas. This is a suggestion that has been talked about.

It would stop spamming chat channels.
Wouldn’t have to stand in city or dungeon entrance since you can see everyone lfg on entire server from anywhere.
And give player control. Which is a good thing.

And Crica, you are wrong. Canoas and others are trying to create a lfg system that could work for the majority. One that could be quicker and easier to use without being a anonymous hand holding system that removes accountability from people.

You are just being stubborn and have turned it into a I must win this argument, they must use my idea or I will be mad.

LFG tool suggestion

in Suggestions

Crica.1503

I’m with you Canoas. This is a suggestion that has been talked about.

It would stop spamming chat channels.
Wouldn’t have to stand in city or dungeon entrance since you can see everyone lfg on entire server from anywhere.
And give player control. Which is a good thing.

And Crica, you are wrong. Canoas and others are trying to create a lfg system that could work for the majority. One that could be quicker and easier to use without being a anonymous hand holding system that removes accountability from people.

You are just being stubborn and have turned it into a I must win this argument, they must use my idea or I will be mad.

bull – i have always asked for anet to put in whatever others want while asking anet to ALSO put in what players like me want

i have NO issues with players like you using a non-autogrouping feature, by all means use one and have fun

i wish to use an auto grouping feature however and have fun as well so why are you trying to make sure players like me CANT?

players like me are not trying to stop YOU from using any feature you want to have fun with, but players like you ARE trying to stop US…

so dont even come here and say im the one being asinine when its players like YOU who are

LFG tool suggestion

in Suggestions

Canoas.8423

the community is ALREADY divided because of ppl like you who try to force players to play the game THEIR way…

Try accepting players and how they enjoy playing the game instead of trying to FORCE them to play the game YOUR way and it might not be so divided?

Right now there’s no LFG tool. My suggestion would be pretty close to what you want while not dividing the community. All it would require is for you to wait a couple of minutes longer. That’s nothing compared to what it is right now and would save a lot more time than having a matchmaking where people just leave without a second thought the minute something goes wrong. With the LFG tool you’re suggesting you would lose a lot more time in the long run and create a lot more dissatisfaction.
I fail to see how waiting a bit longer for a group and pretty much ensuring a better play experience in the dungeon would ruin the fun for you.

LFG tool suggestion

in Suggestions

Crica.1503

Right now there’s no LFG tool. My suggestion would be pretty close to what you want while not dividing the community. All it would require is for you to wait a couple of minutes longer. That’s nothing compared to what it is right now and would save a lot more time than having a matchmaking where people just leave without a second thought the minute something goes wrong. With the LFG tool you’re suggesting you would lose a lot more time in the long run and create a lot more dissatisfaction.

Translation: all it would require is for players like me to PLAY YOUR WAY…

players like me are not insisting players like you need to PLAY OUR WAY so stop insisting players like me need to PLAY YOUR WAY

LFG tool suggestion

in Suggestions

Canoas.8423

There’s no PLAY MY WAY. We would be doing the exact same thing. The only difference is that you would need to wait a couple more minutes. Waiting a couple more minutes is NOT considered a playstyle. You can’t say my way of playing is waiting a couple more minutes to join a dungeon. That does not make any sense.

LFG tool suggestion

in Suggestions

Crica.1503

There’s no PLAY MY WAY. We would be doing the exact same thing. The only difference is that you would need to wait a couple more minutes. Waiting a couple more minutes is NOT considered a playstyle. You can’t say my way of playing is waiting a couple more minutes to join a dungeon. That does not make any sense.

WHY would I want to WAIT longer then I have to? I dont.

So no ty, I prefer to use an auto-grouping feature.

So please, STOP trying to get me to play your way, I DONT WANT TO.

I have NEVER asked you to play my way, i have even stated I hope anet puts in the feature YOU want to use so you CAN use it.

I simply prefer to use an auto-grouping feature so I ALSO hope anet will put one in the game ALONG with the feature YOU want.

(edited by Crica.1503)

LFG tool suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: daemonlama.5413

daemonlama.5413

Actually, the version he wants isn’t instant all the time either. It isn’t like you click find group and bam! you instantly group…There is a grace period. so not much difference in time either.

LFG tool suggestion

in Suggestions

Canoas.8423

Actually, the version he wants isn’t instant all the time either. It isn’t like you click find group and bam! you instantly group…There is a grace period. so not much difference in time either.

And with people leaving the group when something goes wrong (which is prettykittenoften on the harder bosses whenever someone is doing a instance for the first few times) it would take even longer.

LFG tool suggestion

in Suggestions

Canoas.8423

I have NEVER asked you to play my way, i have even stated I hope anet puts in the feature YOU want to use so you CAN use it.

I simply prefer to use an auto-grouping feature so I ALSO hope anet will put one in the game ALONG with the feature YOU want.

So you’re whining because you don’t want to wait a few more minutes to join a dungeon?

You’ve spent more time saying you want to play YOUR way than the extra time you would have spent waiting at the queue with the system I proposed for the next 10 dungeons.

LFG tool suggestion

in Suggestions

Crica.1503

So you’re whining because you don’t want to wait a few more minutes to join a dungeon?

You’ve spent more time saying you want to play YOUR way than the extra time you would have spent waiting at the queue with the system I proposed for the next 10 dungeons.

so you’re whining because someone doesn’t want to play the way you enjoy?

you’ve spent all your time trying to get me to play the way you enjoy instead of just asking anet to add something to the game you enjoy and going back to the game and enjoying it?

seems to me that you have more issues then i do…

LFG tool suggestion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

There is already a soft LFG tool just like the one GW1 had in place.
if you type LFG followed by for example AC story or something. your character receives a blue icon on top of your head that signifies you are looking for a group, also after that if you press Y and go to the tab looking for group you will see who has responded and wishes to join your group for that dungeon or thing you’re looking for a group for.