Largos must be a new race

in Suggestions

Posted by: Midnight Gypsy.9360

Midnight Gypsy.9360

Sayeh has other dialogue in quests:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wet_Work
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Intercepting_the_Orb

There are probably more, but still I don’t see the quote. I skimmed somewhat quickly though.

Yeah yes, but it’s not in those also. I’ve never heard anyone say that she said it, so it’s doubtful. I have heard people assume that they can’t stay out of the water for too long, and the reason they give is seeing them near the water when we meet them.

(edited by Midnight Gypsy.9360)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

Yes I am referring to Sayeh al’Rajihd, I personally to my knowledge have never run into any others. And it is not part of her main stream dialog it is her random speech as you go through the mission. So before you start posting a wiki and saying if it isn’t up there than it doesn’t exist realize that is only the Dialog that is intractable. I do not see the 2 minute conversation you get from her while traveling from point to point. Then again that may just be what her mentor told her, seeing as she also lays mention to the fact that she is an apprentice still and she has a master. Odd how that little bit of information is not on the wiki. In fact there is little to no information about her or her race on the wiki. Just saying I am not the pro source of information, but listening to a little dialog that NPC’s have goes a long ways. Like the Asura that practices Holomancy and how unlike her counter parts in her race she loves to be around other races and hates the fact that her race is so Shady <—-( my words as I do not know exactly what she says ) , yet you get that from her comments she makes while your running around not from the dialog box.

Although in all of this I am not saying that the Largos shouldn’t be a race, as it would seem to me ( please correct me if I am wrong ) that both Gypsy and Schizandra seem to imply that I am saying that.

In part to me changing my wording, I am sorry I used a different word and I see now your being very particular to the words I use. ERGO The Norn transformation is short periods. I also understand it is 30 seconds for the game play, although a short period can be 5 minutes or even 1 hour, the definition of a period of time is that of who defines it. As far as my put forth my opinion that made sense to me as fact I apologize for the rudeness of my assumption.

If you look at all the lore of the Norn Some believe

• Bear gave them the ability to shapeshift and become a formidable society
  • The jotun and the Norn ruled the Shiverpeaks during the age of giants and the jotun, fell while the Norn Embraced the Spirits of the Wild and thrived.
  • Koda ( The Father of all spirits ) made bear into the Kodan as a Gift of his loyalty and eventually made him into a spirit of the Wild ( bear that is ), The Norn were Kodan that were a sect of the race that were primarly the Voice of Koda. One day the great storm separated the Voice tribe with the rest of the Kodan, this is the event the Kodan believe spawned the Norn.

It is also the one I think is the most plausible as even in Norn Beliefs the Bear is the one that gave them the ability to commune with spirits and shapeshift. Which happens to be the one Animal now spirit that first accepted and was in a way the leader of the other spirit.

But yoru right that is my opinion just like anything you would have to say against it is yours. Although my original statement about the Norn un able to maintain a shapeshifted form for long periods of time ( or short periods ) still holds as, this was addressed in Guild Wars: EoTN and can be hinted at in Spirit Lodge and by the bear shaman in Holbrak

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

“it is not part of her main stream dialog it is her random speech as you go through the mission” Ah, never heard it, I think it’s just assumed. You’re the only one to say this, somehow everyone else missed it. It’s no where that can be found anywhere on the net. The only place it can be found is by what you are saying here.

“( my words as I do not know exactly what she says )” so she might not have said it at all?

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

Now with many debates about the Largos, no one who has done the story has every said they can’t stay out of the water based on what she said, it’s always been based on assumption. Are you the only one that heard her say that? bc if she did say that i think it would have come out more than one person making the claim. It took this long just to get you to say where it exactly was, and it’s in a place that can’t be verified. So I’m saying you’re making assumptions into facts.

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

Now with many debates about the Largos, no one who has done the story has every said they can’t stay out of the water based on what she said, it’s always been based on assumption. Are you the only one that heard her say that? bc if she did say that i think it would have come out more than one person making the claim. It took this long just to get you to say where it exactly was, and it’s in a place that can’t be verified. So I’m saying you’re making assumptions into facts.

“it is not part of her main stream dialog it is her random speech as you go through the mission” Ah, never heard it, I think it’s just assumed. You’re the only one to say this, somehow everyone else missed it. It’s no where that can be found anywhere on the net. The only place it can be found is by what you are saying here.

“( my words as I do not know exactly what she says )” so she might not have said it at all?

Seriously this is in reference to another NPC that is Asurian. You don’t have to know the exact words to know what they are saying, your being ridiculous

I been saying the same thing, over and over, I am just proving to you that the wiki on;y has the Intractable text. I think your assuming cause you couldn’t pay attention that it can’t exist. Just because a small % of players post on the forums have not stated it doesn’t make it assumption, I think your the one now turning assumption into fact.

It is not an assumption that the Wiki, which you are claiming all truth to, has all her dialog, which is not true. You look through and try and find the Dialog on the wiki about when Rytlock and Logan make up. Where Rytlock tells Logan “Thanks for saving me back there” Logan then replies with “I am sure you would have done the same for me” Rytlock then tells Logan “Don’t get ahead of your self”. I don’t remember the exact wording on that but that doesn’t make the premises of what I just typed out not true. Although I am sure your one of those people that if it isn’t on the internet it isn’t true, I don’t know your counter argument is ridiculous, and in the end maybe it is you that is assuming that you know everything about the race cause it is obvious it is your favorite race. Which props to you. So in short I am sorry you have a lack of paying attention but the argument of it isn’t on the wiki it doesn’t exist is flawed as the conversation between Logan and Rytlock after Logan saves him isn’t there either and yet it a a crucial step in their friendship, and brotherhood. It also Proves the Wiki is Incomplete, enjoy and have a nice day LOL.

(edited by Kaimick.5109)

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

“Although I am sure your one of those people that if it isn’t on the internet it isn’t true” yes just as sure as Sayeh said that Largos can’t stay out of the water. Both are assumptions and it that’s not what that I disagree with, it’s the fact that she said it, which you can’t find, bc you are the only person to say that in which you can’t even remember what she said. You can’t be sure I’m one of those people can you? you have to assume it, but you claim to be sure. I’m saying I don’t believe you that you pass this as a fact but it’s an assumption. Yes I am assuming this, bc no one has every said it, and I never heard her say it. The only source is you, of course people would be sceptical that you heard that.

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

My only disagreement with you is rather she said that or not. I didn’t hear it, I can’t find it anywhere, so I guess we’re not going to agree on it.

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

I do have a alt almost to that part of the story, I will listen very carefully.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Well, if that Guild Wars Insider video is accurate (haven’t watched it, as I can’t watch videos at work), then it seems that ANet does indeed have plans to make the Largos into a playable race. I would still prefer Krait/Naga as an underwater playable race (have you ever seen any RPG that let you play as a serpentoid race? It would be breaking new ground!), but if the Largos are what ANet’s going with, I’ll adapt.

I’ll probably make a Largos Guardian, since I imagine the vast, VAST majority of Largos characters are going to be Thieves. :P

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

The People are guildwars insider are not arena Net employees FYI, secondly No where in there did they say Arena said anything about putting them in as a playable race. They are just players with theories and speculation. Although it was very informative, they are still just that players not employees.

They also never said the Mursaat were going to be back in GW2 Jeff said that more information will surface about the mursaat and nothing else was said about that.

(edited by Kaimick.5109)

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

Well, if that Guild Wars Insider video is accurate (haven’t watched it, as I can’t watch videos at work), then it seems that ANet does indeed have plans to make the Largos into a playable race. I would still prefer Krait/Naga as an underwater playable race (have you ever seen any RPG that let you play as a serpentoid race? It would be breaking new ground!), but if the Largos are what ANet’s going with, I’ll adapt.

I’ll probably make a Largos Guardian, since I imagine the vast, VAST majority of Largos characters are going to be Thieves. :P

That video is a good one, a lot of people seem to think the Largos are being set up to be playable are some point. You know watching that video I was waiting for them to bring up what they thought of making Largos playable :P

I think I will be a Warrior and Thief :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: schizandra.4587

schizandra.4587

I’ve got 4 Sylvari now… a Ranger, Thief, Mesmer and Elementalist. I’ll save the remaining 4 professions for the Largos. <3

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

Anet’s official comment to new playable races is “No comment” asked by a few people in WBEs, so far no changes in that has been seen.

I do think there will be new races at some point, I see enough support for new races to make it worth while.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blur.3465

Blur.3465

Largos look totally awesome and wicked! I really hope they become a playable race!
Just imagine their main city somewhere deep in the water…in the abyss…with all the cool glowing fish, plants etc…
Amazing cultural armor sets for them…the customizable wings…just amazing!
Largos and Tengu are the two races I would really, really, really want to play as!

Feanor

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I agree, Largos must be a playable race, they are amazing!

\||||||/
O°v°O

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elsa.3091

Elsa.3091

I say that we need “winged back packs”, there u go, no need for a new race

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

I say that we need “winged back packs”, there u go, no need for a new race

Nah, I want the race Although I could use a winged back pack, give us both Anet ^^

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

They kinda look like an evolved Seer from the first game. They definately piqued my interests.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Henge.3907

Henge.3907

I hope under the mask they look like the predator

in Suggestions

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I doubt largos will become playable anytime soon. I like them as a race, and would be cool playing with one, but there are some disadvantages I see to them becoming a playable race.

One big defining role of the Largos as a race is how mysterious they are. One big factor about it is the fact that we don’t know how they look like behind the mask (the model looks like a sort of blue skinned elfish humanoid, but that might be just a placeholder) because they never show themselves without it to outsiders, so adjustements would be needed with the many versions of open face head armor in the game.

Their starting areas and probably most of their areas would be underwater, which I’d really like. Thing is, underwater combat in most professions is severely lacking when compared to regular combat, it would need a massive overhaul if underwater areas are added to the game.

Another defining factor of the largos as a race is their ability to stealth. Thing is, most professions have a defining factor to them (rangers-pets, mesmers-illusions and so on) and stealth is the thief’s defining factor. If they allow other professions to stealth would first cheapen the thief as a profesion (IMHO) and could make others OP.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sedoks.3576

Sedoks.3576

no Largos! WE NEED KODAN RACE!

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

I doubt largos will become playable anytime soon. I like them as a race, and would be cool playing with one, but there are some disadvantages I see to them becoming a playable race.

One big defining role of the Largos as a race is how mysterious they are. One big factor about it is the fact that we don’t know how they look like behind the mask (the model looks like a sort of blue skinned elfish humanoid, but that might be just a placeholder) because they never show themselves without it to outsiders, so adjustements would be needed with the many versions of open face head armor in the game.

Their starting areas and probably most of their areas would be underwater, which I’d really like. Thing is, underwater combat in most professions is severely lacking when compared to regular combat, it would need a massive overhaul if underwater areas are added to the game.

Another defining factor of the largos as a race is their ability to stealth. Thing is, most professions have a defining factor to them (rangers-pets, mesmers-illusions and so on) and stealth is the thief’s defining factor. If they allow other professions to stealth would first cheapen the thief as a profesion (IMHO) and could make others OP.

I don’t think they will playable anytime soon as well. Mesmers do use stealth, they can stealth a whole group of people and it can be a defining factor for a Mesmer as well, although it is more so for a thief. About the overhaul for underwater it’s not for the Largos, it’s for DSD. If we are to fight him, it will need to be overhauled.

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

Colin Johanson said “no promises of which (playable) race to do first, but it’s something we’re looking at”.

I vote Largos.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arathor.7419

Arathor.7419

it would be pretty awesome but tengu would be bad either

A wolf among sheep

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

Coolest thing about them is how few there are in game, lets keep it that way.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

in Suggestions

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Maybe down the road. I keep hearing people talk about Kodan, Quaggen or Skrit as playable races.. really guys?

I’m all for Tengu and Hyleks. But these? Let’s keep them mysterious NPCs.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Coolest thing about them is how few there are in game, lets keep it that way.

Well said.

in Suggestions

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

no Largos! WE NEED KODAN RACE!

That’s what I’m hoping for.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

I heard Colin talk about new races, so I’m giving a new bump to this Largos thread.

A vote for Largos.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

I’m not sure I would want those wing things showing all the time. Would only like to be able to play them if I could hide/unhide them on command. Would rather be able to play as a Tengu/Skritt/Quaggan-/Kodan (in that order) before I play as one of them.

That’s like saying you will only play charr if you can hide their 4 ears. It’s part of them!

Elyl Jrend

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

I’m not sure I would want those wing things showing all the time. Would only like to be able to play them if I could hide/unhide them on command. Would rather be able to play as a Tengu/Skritt/Quaggan-/Kodan (in that order) before I play as one of them.

That’s like saying you will only play charr if you can hide their 4 ears. It’s part of them!

I thought I saw someone say it’s like hiding their tail. Anyway my guess is they would be folded on land and only open in water bc they are for swimming, if in fact they did become playable. I remember saying this, it has already been talked about.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Icarus Pherae.4680

Icarus Pherae.4680

oh heck no. They’re generic “fantasy-RPG” garbage, and I don’t know why they were added in the first place. I want unqiue races that are created for the GW universe, not something that looks like its the culmination of every elf race every made.

This is funny because it’s still a game where you put on armor or robes and swing giant swords or shoot fireballs at dragons. We already have the biggest cliches in the history of fantasy story telling.

Also, asura fit the gnome archtype, Norn fit the orc/half-orc archtype and Sylvari cover the elves. Tiny inventors. Massive shallow thinking brutes. Wise tree hugging magic-y people.

The thing what makes them “GW” is the culture, history and attitudes of the races. Those things really prevent them from just being the usual tropes in disguise. This is something that seems to have resonated well, since lots of players in GW really dig the races for their backgrounds and unique attitudes rather than racial perks. There is more “race pride” than I typically see in games.

So why do the Largos give off an elfin vibe? Because the Largos are lithe, and well spoken? So are the Tengu. In general I can’t think of any elves ever wearing iron masks, having scaly textures to their skin, phosphorescent extra appendages, or Eastern European accents. And since we know virtually nothing about their culture…I can’t see where you are drawing any sort of parallel. Especially considering how neatly the Sylvari already fill that role.

The more new races the better IMO, so long as they are introduced with the same care, detail and depth as the originals. Largos would actually be preferred for me. I don’t really dig the way the Tengu have changed in the last two centuries. And I did wanted to see the Kodan as playable until I tried some of the more complicated jumping puzzles and played in some of the more tightly corridor-ed dungeons as a Norn.

All things considered though, what does a new race add? A capitol city that will likely be abandoned for Lion’s Arch. A short personal story branch that just converges into the same as every other races story around the time of the “Orders” arc. A few flavor racial skills that are intentionally less effective than profession skills. Around the mid levels, from a mechanical and storytelling perspective, your race ceases to matter.

New professions are the things I get really excited about, since those add skills, weapons, profession utilities and traits. A new profession is like a new 200 hours of playtime added to the game for me. A new race is about 20.

The Largos race sounds cool. A “Largos Neophyte” profession for the existing races sounds much cooler.

Pretty sure the Charr hold the Orc archetype, Norn are more “barbarian from the north” or half-giant.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

We have enough of humanoid races in this game already…. Apart from that they are plain ugly IMO…

Kima & Co

in Suggestions

Posted by: Israfyl.9230

Israfyl.9230

A Vote for The LARGOS

Elonian at Heart

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alex.9567

Alex.9567

metallic bondage clothing assassins that look like something ripped off from warcraft, i wouldnt roll one.

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

Here is a lore video on the Largos. If you know a lot about the lore you already know this if not enjoy.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Draco.9480

Draco.9480

Since they have long ears like elves, I’d replace the elf option with largos but also need human color skin for it. A new race won’t hurt the game.

in Suggestions

Israfyl.9230

Well, here is my theory about how the Largos came to be, the Largos some what represent or look similar to all the priestesses or Dwayna, if you don’t belive me then go check out the priestess of Dwayna at her Temple, and the other priestess at the dungeon Arah Path 4 you will notice that those priestesses both of them have the same wings, and for another thing to point out, All the Named Largos share names that are Orrian/Arabic Cultured. (EX: Aaminah,Fahd al’Eshadhi, Sayeh al’Rajihd, Azzan)

So basically my point is, the Largos seem to be Orrian Human Survivors that maybe or somewhat blessed by the Goddess Dwayna to live through the Cataclysm, and maybe they Evolved from what they were to what they are now to deal with the underwater enviroment they live in now.

Elonian at Heart

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

Well, here is my theory about how the Largos came to be, the Largos some what represent or look similar to all the priestesses or Dwayna, if you don’t belive me then go check out the priestess of Dwayna at her Temple, and the other priestess at the dungeon Arah Path 4 you will notice that those priestesses both of them have the same wings, and for another thing to point out, All the Named Largos share names that are Orrian/Arabic Cultured. (EX: Aaminah,Fahd al’Eshadhi, Sayeh al’Rajihd, Azzan)

So basically my point is, the Largos seem to be Orrian Human Survivors that maybe or somewhat blessed by the Goddess Dwayna to live through the Cataclysm, and maybe they Evolved from what they were to what they are now to deal with the underwater enviroment they live in now.

Also Sayeh can read Orrian.

in Suggestions

Israfyl.9230

What a Coincidence, I guess this adds to my theory then

Elonian at Heart

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Stop necroing this thread.

in Suggestions

Midnight Gypsy.9360

What a Coincidence, I guess this adds to my theory then

It’s a good theory, and it would make sense. They had to been living on land at one point, bc they wouldn’t of had a human body had they evolved from the sea.