"Last seen online" for guild roster

in Suggestions

Posted by: Grezko.7950

Grezko.7950

I know it has been mentioned quite a lot since launch but i was wondering if there is some progress on that.

I mean a column lets say in guild roster where it can be seen when is the last time a player has logged ingame.

Officer of Executed [EXE] from Piken Square.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

I didn’t see an official response with a doe date but i’m 1000% sure they acknowledged it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

I don’t want you to have that info, that is private life matter. You may know the last time I represented your guild. Since it’s your guild you may have access to that piece of info. The last time I connected? No way: that’s my life.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I don’t want you to have that info, that is private life matter. You may know the last time I represented your guild. Since it’s your guild you may have access to that piece of info. The last time I connected? No way: that’s my life.

I’d like to just add, in case people do not know, only Guild Staff can see a Guild Roster and it is purely just to see if members are still active/playing the game.

With that said, I actually think having it being set to last time representing is a good idea: just because a member logs in quite often does not mean they are contributing to your Guild.

And yes, this has been posted a number of times… No response yet, but I also sincerely hope that they are working on it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

I don’t want you to have that info, that is private life matter.

And directly seeing players online/offline is not ?

in Suggestions

Grezko.7950

Actually it’s your virtual life… I never expected someone to take this suggestion so seriously…

I am asking about this feature because activity is almost impossible to track atm and such info is needed for guild leaders and officers.

in Suggestions

Fror.2163

And directly seeing players online/offline is not ?

Did I say anything about that? ArenaNet doesn’t value our privacy enough and should really improve it quite quickly, starting by that contact list. There, I said something about it. Happy?

Actually it’s your virtual life… I never expected someone to take this suggestion so seriously…

I am asking about this feature because activity is almost impossible to track atm and such info is needed for guild leaders and officers.

I fully understand the need of the guild leaders/officers and I think that the time of the last representation is more useful to you in that role than the last time anyone logged in. Because if I log in everyday but I represent another guild. Will you keep me? Based on the last login time, yes, but I bring nothing to your guild, so your slot is still wasted.

in Suggestions

Grezko.7950

The difference is to small to matter for me personally. I cannot understand the urge for secrecy you show.

If you want to represent another guild – just leave the one you don’t want to represent and they will not be able to see when you were last online…

in Suggestions

Fror.2163

Yeah, you think in terms of a all-in or all-out guild. Or you think that people want to play in only one guild. I wasn’t sure but now I am. Try thinking that some guilds want to allow people going in other guilds or that people want to join several guilds for their various gameplays for a starter.

For example, I’m in 4 guilds and want to join another 5th:
- I have my usual guild for PvE and WvW
- I have my real life friends guild
- I have my RP guild
- I have my own guild for my own storage or my own wvw buffs
- I want to join the JP guild to portal people at the end of JPs

If I don’t represent one of them in a too big lapse of time, sure kick me. But you don’t need to know that I’m representing another guild at any other time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

My guild maintains its roster by looking when they least earned an achievement. Go to the leaderboards, log in, go to achievement learboards, sort by guild , and hover over their achievement points. It will list the last time they earned one.

Not earning an achievement in this game is a hard thing to do, you have to be doing absolutely nothing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: redgabber.5209

redgabber.5209

i say no to this feature.

why for ? kick people because they are busy IRL ? bad idea…

I don’t see any interest to do this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Umm… Quick letter to the Guild Leader… “Hey, I’m gonna be busy for a while, please don’t kick me I’ll be back soon and ready to go!”

I did that 100x in GW1, unless I was in a guild where I knew people really well and knew they wouldn’t kick me no matter what. Not hard either.

Personally, I liked this because it helped me know if some of my friends had been on when I wasn’t. Back in those days, when playing was sporadic, it was nice to know people were still around, even if we weren’t on at the same time…

in Suggestions

Posted by: smezmer.1206

smezmer.1206

In most of the mmos I’ve played, unless it’s a seriously hardcore progression guild, the majority of guild leaders and/or officers will give members a pretty decent grace period before kicking them. I’ve been gone for a month or more sometimes and still retain membership.
Having some way to track member activity is a important for guild leaders, in that it helps give a rough idea of who is contributing and who isn’t. In this game, since guild membership is account wide and not everybody has all their chars in the same guild for numerous reasons, tracking last rep’d would probably be a better option.

in Suggestions

Grezko.7950

Most of the guilds do not mind ppl’s rl obligations… If you need to hide your activity from the guild leader so you avoid getting kicked – i suggest you look for another guild.

Every MMO i’ve ever playe has had this feature and it helped. Different guilds have their own requirements. This feature will help the guilds that are interested in active members and do nothing for the others. I really don’t see a downside.

My guild maintains its roster by looking when they least earned an achievement. Go to the leaderboards, log in, go to achievement learboards, sort by guild , and hover over their achievement points. It will list the last time they earned one.

Not earning an achievement in this game is a hard thing to do, you have to be doing absolutely nothing.

This is a very good band-aid, will use it – tnx for info, actually this makes it even more odd that it is not ingame since it is clearly available if one check’s the leaderboards.

(edited by Grezko.7950)