Legendary Armors - one way it could be done

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

To me Legendary armor pieces should be as epic as the weapons but not just individually.

Disclaimer: This following idea could be applied in general, not specifically to legendary tier, if the worry was a one and done set of armor for ever since legendary tier will always be exual to the top tier. please stick to discussing the concept behind the armors not the stats or how it would be obtained. To this end i am going to refer to the armor sets as Fused for this posts needs.

What i envision for these armor sets is that the 6 individual armor pieces will act as the precursors. each with its own unique and highly stylized over the top presence. But the true magic happens when you would wear all 6 at one time. Your character would stand transformed in some way related to the armor’s theme. The character model is some cases just replaced.

Example: Say the armor set is called Kraitskin Armor. a medium set. Each piece shows reptialian styles and is crested with lizard frills(those things on the top of the kraits heads) fangs and talons would also be prominent. When fully combined the armor would transform your character model replacing its lower legs with a krait-like body and motion. the rest of the armor would be similarly augmented to make the lines between the armor and wearer non existent. Essentially make it look fused to the body.

Yes this would require several unique models but isn’t that the point of an armor of this caliber? In fusing the original race to the armor you would be able to establish one male and one female armor for each race and not worry about the players choices to their appearance. Ideally the model would have dye able channels to continue unique looks even if a few people in the area have it.

Another fun way to play on this would be to essentially design one of these armors themed to each race. For example the elemental armor could shift to display the current elemental attunement. The kraitskin armor could be shifted more snake like and be used for a rogue. Or it could be an armor whose pieces leave plenty of exposed skin, then when completed the players skin is replaced with one that looks like flowing smoke.

Necromancers could get Dreadlord armor that would reverse the knee caps so they had goat/chicken legs, the arms extended to be far longer than normal with longer taloned fingers. Perhaps even a cloak flowing from the shoulders that resembles folded wings(like the cartoon gargoyles used to do)

There are many possibilities. Please post your own ideas for armor sets transformations as well

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ekemeister.8905

Ekemeister.8905

A lot of the legendary weapon skins seem corny to me. Quip. Moot. Kudzu. To name a few. However that is my opinion. I also think they should simply stop at exotic gear, so players do not have to grind fractals or dailies for armor sets. This way both devs and players can focus on quality content.

As a compromise, maybe new stat combos for exotics can introduced: ie a lv 80 exotic Rabid gear.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Im Not Braxton.6283

Im Not Braxton.6283

Yes. Legendary armor that matches class/race. Yes. Yes.

Braxton The Ele – Elementalist
Blackgate – [GoF]

in Suggestions

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

I also think they should simply stop at exotic gear, so players do not have to grind fractals or dailies for armor sets.

As it is now, legendaries are purely cosmetic. There’s no reason that legendary armor shouldn’t be the same.

You only have to grind it if you want it.

Gw1 had zodiac weapons. Zodiac armor could be cool. Problem is that almost every armor set has one or two small things wrong with it. At every step I can see a place where the artist said “yeaaaaaaaah that’s good enough” and I’d prefer not to have more reasons to be disappointed.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in Suggestions

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I don’t think they’ll do it, but legendary dyes I can see happening

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

They have already mentioned legendary armor in various posts. Just that they are lookign into it though, nothing more.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

Are you meaning in this manner or at all?

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter