Legendary Dye

Legendary Dye

in Suggestions

Posted by: Artemis.6283

Artemis.6283

What I want to talk about is the possibility of legendary dye colors.
Many people want legendary armor, they would have more visual effects than the exotic ones, so that they would stand out.
I like the possibility of legendary armor, but there are some aspects that I don’t like.
You would need all 6 pieces to stand out and you would have to stick to that particular armor. The effect would be, that over time many people would have these legendary armor skins and they wouldn’t be so legendary anymore…

So I thought, what could be an alternative … and I came up with legendary dye. You could dye every armor skin u want with these dyes so there would be a big variance and the characters could really stand out.
What could these legendary dyes look like?
Well… I think there are many possibilities to that.
They could have glow effects or a liquid style like molten lava or something like that. If they are transferred on a certain armor piece they could also give auras like the visual style of bolt or they could coat you in a dark fog which would be awesome for thiefs or necros.
There are many possibilities to the effects and if you want a certain effect u can have it on light, middle or heavy armor.

What do you think about it? Discuss and give some ideas about effects or flaws to the system.
Cheers!

Legendary Dye

in Suggestions

Posted by: pallentis umbra.7589

pallentis umbra.7589

I honestly really like this idea… but,

Rare dyes alone can cost a small fortune, due to the low drop rate of unidentified dyes
(slightly to low in my opinion) spiked the price, last I checked it was 20s a dye, for an unidentified… so imagine the cost of these dyes.

Also I have a sneaking suspicion that if they were put in, they would be a cash shop only thing,from my opinion it sounds like a good idea to be in there anyway.

However I do like the idea of legendary dyes, would really set apart the experienced (or longer playing) people from the rest and would feel really rewarding to have an L dye (sick of spelling legendary).

This would also promote more diverse characters in guild wars 2.

All in all it seems like a win-win considering they could be sold in cash shop, making money. Hopefully there is alot of variety in the dyes, if it were put in.

might take a-lot of work to program/apply to all in-game armours however.

Overall, fingers crossed.

(edited by pallentis umbra.7589)

Legendary Dye

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Any “midnight” dye reflects the colors of those around it, though it can be hard to notice depending on the color of the midnight dye.
Abyss and Celestial dyes reflect the colors around them more cleanly, abyss looks like molten lava when you are near lava, looks like the armor is frosted over with ice when you walk around snowy areas. Celestial totally changes colors as you walk through forests and can be absolutly amazing to see the color shifts while underwater.

These dyes are already in the game. No reason to be a walking texture WoW clone of molten armor that is always bubbling and the like (the flame legion armor is bad enough).

Legendary Dye

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alice.8694

Alice.8694

Any “midnight” dye reflects the colors of those around it, though it can be hard to notice depending on the color of the midnight dye.
Abyss and Celestial dyes reflect the colors around them more cleanly, abyss looks like molten lava when you are near lava, looks like the armor is frosted over with ice when you walk around snowy areas. Celestial totally changes colors as you walk through forests and can be absolutly amazing to see the color shifts while underwater.

These dyes are already in the game. No reason to be a walking texture WoW clone of molten armor that is always bubbling and the like (the flame legion armor is bad enough).

Fairly sure that has less to do with the dye and more to do with the material of your armor. Metal materials are shiny and reflect lighting. Putting on celestial on leather and walking through ambient lighting doesn’t get you these effects.

Legendary Dye

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Fairly sure that has less to do with the dye and more to do with the material of your armor. Metal materials are shiny and reflect lighting. Putting on celestial on leather and walking through ambient lighting doesn’t get you these effects.

Works on metal armor and light armor just fine. Works on leather armor with less of an effect, but this too depends on the leather armor in question as many have a texture layer upont he surface that dulls colors. The popular “duelist” leathers being one of those that dulls color lighting.

Legendary Dye

in Suggestions

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

i had the same idea
legendary dye that is like a rainbow (constantly changing color or nuance of a color)

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

Legendary Dye

in Suggestions

Posted by: chucky.4798

chucky.4798

Very good idea. I would hate gear treadmill, but this idea is fair enough.

In the early stage of developement ANet said if u put a gem into weapon, u will see the difference (fire gem = flame). It was canceled or shifted. Your idea is similar with this.