Legendary Weapon Update (again)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wiseguy One.1782

Wiseguy One.1782

First of all, let me say how much I appreciate the recent love legendary weapons got with the addition of Ascended weapons. With that said, here are my suggestions on how to make them more Legendary then they really are AFTER the update.

1) Better Stats. Again, I am eternally grateful for their buff but Twilight, max damage 1,155. Really? Max on an exotic is 1,100… When I learned that Legendaries were getting a stat update, I was thinking something worthwhile. I’m not saying make them max damage of 2,000. Maybe an extra 150-200. Something to make it more noticeable base damage wise.

2) Better Infusion Stats. This one doesn’t specifically apply to only Legendaries. Infusions seem pointless outside of Fractals. +4’s you get for laurels seems really low and also not enough to really make the Legendaries stand out. Remember, these are legendary weapons. They are supposed to be the cream of the crop. I know many here won’t like legendary buffs because they don’t have one or want one but sorry they are legendary, they should act like it.

3) Legendary Specific Skill. Ok, read through this CAREFULLY before you hate me. What if Legendaries had a skills that comes with it? Use Twlight as the example here. What if this specific skill had a cool down time of 1 full real world day. Using twilight, what if when you hit this skill, you thrust your sword into the air and chant something like “I Call Forth The Power of Twilight!!!!” or something awesome along those lines and it takes 5-10 seconds to cast. When it is done, the screen for all players nearby fades and your screen looks like Twilight for a very brief period of time and during that time you hear some awesome sound effects like enemies getting hurt badly. When it fades and you are back into fighting mode, all enemies within a short range have lost a good chunk of health which naturally is scaled to the level of the area. It doesn’t have to be a one hit kill but its something that makes the Legendaries exactly what they are. Legendary. Also, this skill is PVE ONLY!! It can’t be used in WvW or PvP so there are no unfair advantages as it relates to WvW or PvP. Think if it as your ultimate “oh sugar honey iced tea” skill.

Again, I am grateful for their recent love but I personally still feel there is more that can make them legendary. The stat changes is amazing and I never thought of that so thank you for that one. I know many here will hate me for this and call me arrogant or some other bad things and that is certainly your right to do so but can’t you really say you wouldn’t go for a Legendary if these kinds of things were implemented. I welcome all comments! Thanks for reading

-Wiseguy One (Crystal Desert)

in Suggestions

Posted by: quakeroatmeal.4829

quakeroatmeal.4829

My input

1) 5% increase to top-end is a lot when you add crit/crit damage multipliers
2) Would be a good idea
3) Seems like it would be cool, but also sounds like a dev/qa nightmare.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kelnis.1829

Kelnis.1829

Oh god. If the ascended weapons were more than the modest 5% they are now… we’d have like 12 people running around with pitchforks.

in Suggestions

Wiseguy One.1782

I appreciate your comments guys! I agree the skill would be a nightmare to make but how else can you think of a benefit to get a legendary? I will admit the ability to change the stats is nice but how often are we really going to use it? The odds are that we will find the stats that complement our builds perfectly and then they stay that way for months on end if you don’t change your traits and skills around very often like I do. The skill would allow you to do something others can’t do. It would certainly make your weapon more Legendary. I am curious though. How would you modify a Legendary currently to make it more Legendary. I am not sure you can deny that they don’t seem very Legendary right now. How would you modify them to make them more awesome?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

I would have each legendary be a beaming light ray of awesome which you can see from a distance due to the unrelenting shine of its kitten.

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

in Suggestions

Wiseguy One.1782

Just had a new idea for the skill portion. What is instead of fading out, when it is done there are snake like tendrils that come from the sword and attach themselves to all nearby enemies. Then you see some awesome animations and sound effects then they are dealt their damage. People around you might hate the whole fade out thing. This would be a good compromise. They can still see and fight and still get a new Legendary specific skill effect.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Conix.4589

Conix.4589

What… just… no.
Stat changes? Awesome. Don’t have to spend gold and gems with each new patch. Makes WvW and PvE switches easy. This is great.
2 infusion slots o top of the sigil? Woot. That’s tops.
Looks great? Nice. Thanks.
It will always be the best, so will continue to upgrade stats? Legendary. One time investment.
That whole special attack sounds like what a kid would dream up during playtime to make his toy the coolest… not to mention how gamebreaking that would be.
If you want to be so special, just ask for special animations on existing skills. Like 100blades with twilight causes a black hole effect in front of it, like your tearing the space time stuff. kitten like that.

(edited by Conix.4589)

in Suggestions

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

IMO stats should stay normal, it’s ridicules to have legendary weapons be stronger then any other weapon.
if that’s the case then GW2 just became WoW2, grindfest with allot of geargrind.
no…just, no.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Paruza.3162

Paruza.3162

I would have each legendary be a beaming light ray of awesome which you can see from a distance due to the unrelenting shine of its kitten.

Then the whole map would be lit up like the sun. Legendary’s aren’t rare. Visually I think they are a bit too loud as they are.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Paruza.3162

Paruza.3162

IMO stats should stay normal, it’s ridicules to have legendary weapons be stronger then any other weapon.
if that’s the case then GW2 just became WoW2, grindfest with allot of geargrind.
no…just, no.

Agreed completely, I like gw2 because it’s a light mmo where you don’t have to grind forever just to get a fair fight in pvp. Adding the ascended items was a bit questionable imo but it wont be to to bad. However if legendarys had a stat bonus over other weapons, then basically I’d be done with gw2 and not look back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: quakeroatmeal.4829

quakeroatmeal.4829

How would you modify a Legendary currently to make it more Legendary. I am not sure you can deny that they don’t seem very Legendary right now. How would you modify them to make them more awesome?

IMO, especially with the latest changes, the legendary weapons are more than legendary enough. You can’t give them OP stats because it severely risks ruining the game play. Consider that all of a sudden legendaries make content that is challenging for non-legendary equipped players super easy. One of two things will happen:

1. Players with legendary gear will start only wanting to group with other legendary geared players for the purpose of quickly and easily moving through as much content as possible.
2. Developers will have to start making unique content that is challenging for legendary geared players, which is then a huge disaster because you’ll have the 99% upset that they can’t do it.