Legendary Weapons Change

Legendary Weapons Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nightmare.4316

Nightmare.4316

Hi,

I believe everyone knows how to make legendaries now, and this thread is about some changes i would make to it.

First, legendaries are something you have to work hard for, something that needs to be hard to get, something that needs effort, time and skills. Now the way i see things right now is that you only need money, money and money. As everybody knows, legendary precursors are between 200 and 400g in the TP. Unless you are amazing with playing the TP, or you are rich and can afford to buy the gold, this price is nearly impossible to reach by a regular player.

Considering part of the legendary is to buy 2 recipes of 10g each and 100 claws of jormag of 1g, 120g seems like a reasonnable amoung to pay. So, I feel that the extra 300 gold (or the EXTREME luck) you need for the precursor is way too high.

I might be the only one thinking this way, but the Pact token you recieve once you complete the story quests would’ve been a good way to obtain that exotic precursor if you ask me. Other part of the gift that includes money, (because lets face it, 250 of each tier 6 material is not viably farmable) could be change for more skills and time oriented gift such as:
100% dungeon completion: Dungeon Master
completing all jumping puzzle
killing all big bosses in the open world
even a part of sPvP (why not since there is already a WvW part), where you have to earn a certain amount of glory in order to buy a gift, something like 50,000-100,000 seems reasonable.

In summary, I just feel that getting a legendary should be more oriented towards skills and achievements then simply luck and money.

I’m really open to your opinion and wanna see if you share my feelings (even with playing 3hours a day i feel this is not a possible goal). If you feel like telling me to go to hell, well do it! but make sure to tell why.

Legendary Weapons Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tauril.8504

Tauril.8504

Well yes, it should be about playing the game rather than using gems, or grinding (something that wasn’t supposed to be in this game). That doesn’t mean it shouldn’t take time, that means the way to acquire a legendary should be rewarding (read “enjoyable”) and relevant to the rest of the gaming experience (suddenly not playing the game anymore isn’t the best way to enjoy the game.)

Legendary Weapons Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

I really agree with this. Good idea when u have to do all dungeons, puzzlez, etc. It would be much funnier to get the legendary, since you are doing several things then just farming gold.

#ELEtism

Legendary Weapons Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Im sorry, It might be what you dont want to hear and Im not calling you entitled or anything but its simply a fact that the majority or players are not supposed to get legendarys. you may not agree with me and thats fine but I think legendarys are exactly where they need to be at this point. Making it so everyone can obtain a legendary after a set amount of time and grind wile playing the game undermines the whole purpose of the wow factor when you see someone with one. Its supposed to be for people who go above and beyond what most people would say no to like the abyss that is the mystic forge.

And, I dont know how differently you feel then me, but I really dont think I would enjoy owning a legendary and working my kitten off for it if everyone else is getting one too. I think Anet made legendarys obtainable the way they are for a reason and I dont think they should change that.

This is coming from someone who doesnt and has never owned a precursor btw.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Legendary Weapons Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Please do this, I hate working for good stuff. I don’t care about the other people who grinded for this. Please devalue the Legendaries please.

I would like to see everyone running around with Legendary weapons so that I am not alone with it.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

(edited by runeblade.7514)

Legendary Weapons Change

in Suggestions

Nightmare.4316

lol even with 1mil karma and 120g you think everyone will be running with one?

i totaly understand and agree that not everyone is supposed to have one, but the way to obtain it shouldnt be restrained to gold

Legendary Weapons Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

120g + precursor is really only a small part you need.

Add lodestones and you have another 150-200g

Legendary Weapons Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

I have my legendary and it’s, just … tedious to say the least. :-/

Legendary Weapons Change

in Suggestions

Nightmare.4316

120g + precursor is really only a small part you need.

Add lodestones and you have another 150-200g

yea i know lol but starting with the precursor would be a start, lodestone are somehow farmable

Legendary Weapons Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

lol even with 1mil karma and 120g you think everyone will be running with one?

Some people make upwards of 5 – 10g a day farming orr, and with the monthly and daily karma jugs and karma from events thats childs play to anyone with decent MF.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Legendary Weapons Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tauril.8504

Tauril.8504

It’s not about “devaluing legendaries”, it’s about making their acquisition fun (and “fun” is one of Anet’s master words) and an integral part of how the game was designed.

Anet basically said play as you want, you don’t need to grind. Well, sure you don’t ‘need’ to have a legendary and so you don’t ‘need’ to grind. But why have they even designed legendaries to be about grinding in the first place ? It feels like a bit of an afterthought with a somewhat lazy implementation when your quest for a legendary could have been an epic adventure. Using all the fun elements already existing in the game so that all this acquisition process feels like a reward in itself. And when you finally have your legendary, or even if you don’t have it, you can be proud of all what you’ve done and you have an epic story to tell to your friends. Rather than ‘I spent 3 months farming Straits of Devastation with a zerg…’

It’s not about making legendaries easier or harder to acquire, it’s about making them an integrant part of the game an making them fun, which is Anet’s philosophy.

Legendary Weapons Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

It’s not about “devaluing legendaries”, it’s about making their acquisition fun (and “fun” is one of Anet’s master words) and an integral part of how the game was designed.

Anet basically said play as you want, you don’t need to grind. Well, sure you don’t ‘need’ to have a legendary and so you don’t ‘need’ to grind. But why have they even designed legendaries to be about grinding in the first place ? It feels like a bit of an afterthought with a somewhat lazy implementation when your quest for a legendary could have been an epic adventure. Using all the fun elements already existing in the game so that all this acquisition process feels like a reward in itself. And when you finally have your legendary, or even if you don’t have it, you can be proud of all what you’ve done and you have an epic story to tell to your friends. Rather than ‘I spent 3 months farming Straits of Devastation with a zerg…’

It’s not about making legendaries easier or harder to acquire, it’s about making them an integrant part of the game an making them fun, which is Anet’s philosophy.

Do all the other things in this game that’s fun and forget about the legendary until maybe months from now and wallah, you probably have most of the things and money you need to get prereqs for a legendary. Anet gave us the options to make this game fun for ourselves. They do not need to cater epic quests just for a legendary. You can either choose to dedicate yourself to getting the requirements for a legendary which includes major gold sinks or you can just play the game, have fun, and get it whenever. I doubt the longer you play, the less gold you’ll make. It should be a lifetime quest, but people who farm get it faster but just because they have doesn’t mean YOU need it right now; at this very moment. Take your time and if it happens it happens.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

(edited by ArcTheFallen.7682)

Legendary Weapons Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

I think there should be some kind of change to acquire a legendary weapon or armor piece. Because right now it is the people who buy game gold from third party sellers who get the legendary stuff. It is human nature. People aim for the easiest way to acquire something that nobody else has, and that revolves around the wallet warriors.

People can deny all they want. Because the list of things needed for a Legendary is Epic and the easiest way to get the stuff is to pay for it with real world money for game gold. Why would I work so hard to farm gold to be able to buy Frosthorne for 350g, when I can just buy 350g with real cash and buy Frosthorne off the TP?

So just like the commander tag, a legendary is from people that bought Game gold with real life cash. Why you think there are so many bots and goldsellers in GW2? well you can thank a lot of your fella players for that.

So a list of achievements and a small amount of gold would be a nice change to get a legendary.