Legendary weapon skin idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: prenavo.3926

prenavo.3926

I know legendary skins have been brought up before, but my thoughts on it are this…Themes. Why not have several different skin choices for the legendaries upon creation to go with a theme. If I want an evil look, I could just go with the evil themed weapon skin choice. If I wanted a rainbow bow, go with the current dreamer skin, or if I wanted to look steampunk, a steampunk legendary. It would add way more personality and choice to those weapons.

in Suggestions

Posted by: prenavo.3926

prenavo.3926

because that would ruin the economy of guildwars 2 and make buying a legendary almost pointeless.

You do know that they are planning on releasing new skins for legendaries? I’m just saying instead of having only two choices, give a few more I don’t believe it would ruin anything. People will buy what they like.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

I agree with prenavo.
All types of weapons should have at least two legendaries, exactly like Twilight and Sunrise. Some people prefer dark, “evil” weapons (Twilight) and some light, “good” (Sunrise), so they can choose between those greatswords. Thats good! But why just those greatswords have 2 versions? People who like darker weapons and are using staff, for example, they just cant choose and they just “have to” create The bifrost. And what I mean with “they have to” is fact that people are creating legendaries because its some sort of goal in this game, not because of its look. Everyone knows that legendary weapon takes some time to get. So it doesnt matter how the weapon looks, but that the weapon has a LEGENDARY status. – I know many people who hate rainbows, unicorns and still created The Dreamer, because it is the only legendary shortbow. THE ONLY. Same issue like many necros have created The Birost, and they know it totally does not fit with their dark character.
If there were 2 legendary weapons of each type, just like GSs, you could show more personality of your character and tune it up with your style!

#ELEtism

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morbridae.8607

Morbridae.8607

If my ranger is a kitten-looking charr, I will not go for a bow that shoots unicorns, rainbows, candies and hearts. It would be nice that I could choose between rainbows, leaves or skulls, for example.

And the fire-based dagger looks really nice, but I have something against necros with fire weaponry, so if I could change the fire-like yellow for ice-like white, or shadow-like black, probably I will want the legendary a bit more.

Giving us more choices will make us look more for the legendaries. Right now, I will not search for a weapon as powerfull as the one I have, and with a look that doesn’t really suits my character concept.

Morbridae (Norn Necromancer)
@ Sorrow’s Furnace (VE)