Legendary with better stats

in Suggestions

Posted by: ForAce.1943

ForAce.1943

I think Legendary should have better stats then exotic weapons. ‘Epic’ skin, isnt a good motivation (for me). Better stats should be reward for time and effort to make this weapon.

I know. Many ppl, will say now “Grind”. But this is part of MMO.

What do You think?

http://www.gw2info.pl – All informations about Guild Wars 2 in one place. In polish.

in Suggestions

Posted by: VazolRondeln.5283

VazolRondeln.5283

One of Arenanets early statements on the matter was (Vaguely from recollection) -
“If a player wanted to spend hundreds of hours working towards an extremely rare item, it should be different in appearance alone”
With this in mind, I doubt Arenanet will make new stats for the legendary tier, especially given the outcry at the appearance of ascended gear (Which still hasn’t been fully implemented)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

You’ll be hard pressed to find many people to agree on your opinion, even in these anti-anet forums.

Although you said people would pull you up on it I will still say, you turn the legendaries into a grind and the core philosophies of games design will be ruined. People are shouting grind already, this would give those claims actual value.

In short, definitely not.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

They will have better stats than exotics.
When Ascended weapons get released the Legendaries will be bumped up to match their power.
They will however never be better than the highest tier.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: ocfallwind.4821

ocfallwind.4821

I actually think Exotic should have the same stats as Legendary, even after Ascended is out. :P I don’t wanna spend so much time grinding myself a set of Arah armor just to find that they don’t have the top stats, not unless I use some Transmutation Crystals.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ForAce.1943

ForAce.1943

Hmm… I dont think about new weapon tier, which probably will be add in future.

Now that have a sense. If I will craft Legendary I can be sure, that still will I have the best weapon stats.

http://www.gw2info.pl – All informations about Guild Wars 2 in one place. In polish.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

It wouldn’t be fair to those who don’t care for the grind. Many people simply don’t want a legendary (don’t like the current styles) or simply can’t get a legendary (takes time and/or getting the precursor is very random). A large population would be “weaker” because those who got lucky will have an exclusive stat bonus over their heads. Worst case scenario some elitists come around and start posting things like “Only warriors and mesmers with legendary weapons” and now your cutting off thousands who don’t fill that criteria.

I remember an anet employee talking how when ascended weapons are released, legendaries will get a bump in stats to match them. That would only be to make legendaries relevant when made although many probably still transmute them for the stat grouping but aside from that, legendaries are a cosmetic item. A very detailed (some more than others) cosmetic item.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: dbgamer.3407

dbgamer.3407

I agree with this – if people are going to spend hundreds of hours attaining a weapon, I think it should be at least a little bit better than an exotic weapon you can get from a random drop.

I’m not talking way better – but why should we not be rewarded for our dedicating to attaining a “legendary” weapon?

If the stats aren’t better – you should just rename them “aesthetically pleasing” weapons.

Arkenell of Fort Aspenwood

in Suggestions

lordkrall.7241

I agree with this – if people are going to spend hundreds of hours attaining a weapon, I think it should be at least a little bit better than an exotic weapon you can get from a random drop.

I’m not talking way better – but why should we not be rewarded for our dedicating to attaining a “legendary” weapon?

If the stats aren’t better – you should just rename them “aesthetically pleasing” weapons.

So, people that have loads of real money or loads of time should simply be stronger than everyone else without them having no way of catching up?
If that is your way of thinking I don’t really think GW2 is the game for you.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

dbgamer.3407

why shouldn’t players who work towards something be rewarded?

Like I said, I’m not talking about a large difference, but players who spend more time in dungeons etc. already have access to better gear, so why shouldn’t there be another tier?

in Suggestions

lordkrall.7241

Like I said, I’m not talking about a large difference, but players who spend more time in dungeons etc. already have access to better gear, so why shouldn’t there be another tier?

They are rewarded. With unique looking stuff.

No they aren’t. You can get access to the exact same tier of gear without doing dungeons.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

They are rewarded, with a really nice skin. Thats how guild wars is, your time invested won’t make you statistically better than anyone ,it’ll just make you look “way cooler” than them. One thing anet has done well is removed the need for an endless gear treadmill that results in a grind that blows your mind away. At first, I was on the same page that legendaries should be stronger. But since release and only a couple of months after that, I realized how much better grinding for skins are than grinding for stats. Legendary aquisition is imo horribly done, but the stats it offers are spot on and shouldn’t be adjusted in any way.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

No it shouldnt have.
Why?
Arenanet has made it clear Gw2 is not about stats.

The skin itself is your reward.

And I dont mean to sound solipsistic.
But I dont want a legendary, I’m a practical person, I like my weapons to look like weapons and not over glamourized light sabers.

Telling me to go grind for thousands of hours for another tier of weaponry just for better stats which I will no doubt transmute to something more practical is moronic.

You complain about people who do dungeon runs and get their dungeon armour.
I do dungeon runs and I got my dungeon armour.

It aint hard to do.

Exotics are your baseline gear stats, everything after that is your SKILL.

(edited by Rizzy.8293)

in Suggestions

dbgamer.3407

Not sure I agree still, but valid points.

(edited by dbgamer.3407)