Less Updates More Expansions

in Suggestions

Posted by: StoneLazaurus.7096

StoneLazaurus.7096

Over the past months I have enjoyed some of the updates that Anet has added to GW2 like the Laurels, Mad King Halloween, Winterfest, Charr/Quaggans backpacks, Holiday Skins & Customes, mini’s, Fractals of the Mist etc.

But I feel that this direction of Living Story and Guild Missions is the wrong way to go.

I personally would rather see Anet, focus more on expansions for Cantha & Elona. Throw us a few detailed bones about those upcoming projects, so we can get excited the same way we were about purchasing GW2 and playing it for the first time.

Because these events, like Flame & Frost and the Lost Shore event seem to pop out of nowwhere, and I doubt many of us care about the story as much as we do for the rewards.

I would rather like to discover new events, hidden & common, simple & complex. Small and big. But aside from that, I do believe Anet has more then enough, armor, profession, wvw, dungeon and social group finding problems to solve, instead of adding MORE currency systems & potential issues. (Guild Merits & Commendations)

Maybe more people would have loved this update if it was just called “Guild Halls & Improved Player Housing.” I certainly would trade this update for that one. Just wanted to have a say, thankyou for your time Tyrians.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

I want revenge for Glint before Cantha or Elona come into play

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

With the downward spiral the patches have taken us on I am terrified at what will happen when an expansion comes out.

I can see it now.

40man raids with increased stats, no one asked for it but we added it anyways.

Rep grinding for stat upgrades, we though it would be fun.

Waypoint costs were a little cheap so now it will cost you 1gem to use them.

Also Nexon wants more money so we are going to start selling new abilities and stat upgrades in the gem store.

in Suggestions

Posted by: marc.6380

marc.6380

I think Guild Missions was the right thing to make / use time on.

// Marc

in Suggestions

Posted by: Timze.7980

Timze.7980

Yes, sure, let’s add more things to the game, and then fix things. -.-’’
Anet actually finaly now started doing what they should have done from the start, get the game working…

If you are reading this, you are only waisting your time!
Still reading this? You know there is something better to be done for sure. -.-’’

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

You are the minoriy here OP.

The rest of us would like the hundreds of bugs and issues fixed with the game as it stands now before we get expansions dumped on us.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

in Suggestions

StoneLazaurus.7096

I would love to have Guild Missions that were a little more refined though. I don’t believe anyone out there thinks, there perfect. Especially small family & RL friend guilds.

I am kind of surpised there wasnt a debuff for influence cost for guilds with fewer members. I thought a guild’s member size would come into play. That seems like a easy mistake to fix and make quite a few people happy.

in Suggestions

StoneLazaurus.7096

You are the minoriy here OP.

The rest of us would like the hundreds of bugs and issues fixed with the game as it stands now before we get expansions dumped on us.

When I ask for expansions, I mean like in a few years. Like they did with GW2 originally. I do not mean, expansions every few months, and deal with bugs later. I would want quality expansions mind you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Right now monthly events are the primary blocker of addressing profession design, balance, and core game issues. By their nature (they must happen) they consume developer resources that should be spent on adding actual value to the game. I honestly don’t know how expansions can even be considered at this point. I would enjoy an increased confidence in Anet if they moved to a longer development cycle focused on permanent content and stabilizing and balancing the game we have.