Less orbs, more GvG please

in Suggestions

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

The new orb system in WvW in my opinion is a COMPLETE disaster. Even moreso than the former orb system. At least back then we had walls to protect our buffs. Now the overpowered server in whatever match-up you’re in just zerg-camps the center area. I watched this yesterday in our already lopsided match against Stormbluff Isle. 20-30 man zerg just chillaxing in the center zone with their already full +150 stats bonus from owning all three Borderlands. If we’re planning to keep this, at least don’t let the buffs stack. That’s lunacy. I’m NOT fighting a roided out tier 2 server that was already more than we could handle prior to this update being implimented. I will say however I do love the new land area instead of the massive lake though. Lots of trees, lots of ruins. Fun to skirmish in.

As for a designated GuildvGuild arena within WvW. We’ve been asking for this FOREVER. It’s now a very well beaten and very dead horse. This is an integral part of WvW for players that isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Because we like the WvW combat engine and prefer it over the sPvP engine (even if sPvP would support 20v20 battles + spectators to begin with). You guys seem prime to hash out new content, but aren’t listening to your player base (the people ultimately keeping you in your jobs). Kudos to you, I love that it has been a year and you guys are still at it, but this is gawd awful. It’s just one more method added for the superior server in a match to stand, or in this case camp atop, on the underdog.

This doesn’t change, I’m out… Just plain out. As if I didn’t have a steady enough diet of dirt in WvW as it was. I find it hard to believe anyone thought this was a good idea. A triple stacking buff? Are you kidding me?

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You will be missed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

The only thing I like about this patch is that it will get rid of GvG from WvW, it had no place in WvW and that’s that.

Good riddance.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

in Suggestions

KStudios.2850

The only thing I like about this patch is that it will get rid of GvG from WvW, it had no place in WvW and that’s that.

Good riddance.

Oh yeah lol, lets break that down logically.

1: I can’t speak for all servers, but my home server the GvG crowd makes up about 50-60% of the overall dedicated WvW population.
2: They also, not coincidentally, make up the most skilled portion of that populace in open field combat. In short, a smaller servers only hope of having any chance of dealing with a mass zerg-mob from a server with superior numbers.

In essence, have fun in the lower tiers that you’ll be dropping to, and with the pugs who don’t know enough to know better. Good riddance indeed. Will be missed, but not regretted.

It’s not my problem you’ve apparently been shield bashed in the head too many times to be able to accept a triple stacking buff in a lopsided system that already favors numbers over any amount of skill or tactical application. You hear that? That’s the sound of a 60+ man mouth frothing mob with a +150 stat buff at your south Bay gate. Better get there, glutton for punishment. Rofl!

Yumiko Togashii

(edited by KStudios.2850)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Oooh, this is starting to spill over into the general forum. How lovely.

Have there even been GvG matches scheduled for now? I really can’t wait for when this really starts spilling over. It hasn’t even begun!

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Suggestions

KStudios.2850

Oooh, this is starting to spill over into the general forum. How lovely.

Have there even been GvG matches scheduled for now? I really can’t wait for when this really starts spilling over. It hasn’t even begun!

There have been mock-practice 10v10’s on our server. This add-on is everything the GvG community feared it would be. Completely imbalanced. If they want GvG out of WvW, then we need somewhere else to go (inb4 some nooblet says anything about lamekitten sPvP). Otherwise, huge mistake on Anet’s part for the sake of WvW.

Yumiko Togashii

in Suggestions

Posted by: Epistemic.8013

Epistemic.8013

Good riddance.

Has nothing to do with GvG, +150 stats is ridiculous. It’s basically a full set of exotic celestial armor on top of what a player already has on. It shouldn’t be in the game. When the league starts, how often will that #12 server have a stack?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hanibull.5124

Hanibull.5124

You mean they created a buff that allows the already dominating server to gain even more of an advantage?

WHAT CRAZY VODOO COULD HAVE FORSEEN THIS?

in Suggestions

Posted by: DHBM.7652

DHBM.7652

im on BP and we actually managed to combat that zerg quite well. we just split our normal 20 man guild group into 4, 5 manned groups. then proceed to run circles around the zerg. taking, loosing, and retaking there buff points. within an hour we had there +150 down to +50 for each server. it worked quite well. people just need to learn how to combat this new play style.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Not shocked or surprised at all, pleasantly happy that i don’t enter WvW anymore though.

in Suggestions

KStudios.2850

Good riddance.

Has nothing to do with GvG, +150 stats is ridiculous. It’s basically a full set of exotic celestial armor on top of what a player already has on. It shouldn’t be in the game. When the league starts, how often will that #12 server have a stack?

Precisely. He was focusing solely on the GvG aspect of my argument. Which is only half of it. It’s absolutely insane, as stated. Especially when fighting a server two tiers above you that you didn’t have a hope in kitten of actually beating to begin with. Now they get to camp in the center of your BL buffed with +150 to stats… WITH CANNONS mind you…

Also, points on spiking an opponent should’ve been in effect since the beginning, even without the buff, and In my opinion should go as follows: Lowest scoring server +3 on successful spike, medium server +2, top server +1 (self-adjusting upon one server gaining or losing the lead of course). This would really make small man groups on underdog servers shine. Basically the folks out there traveling with five or less that are camp capping, camp defending, roaming, zerg tail trimming, etc. Generally the folks that the large-scale zerg either never sees or seldom bothers with on their way to their objective. It would really open up a small level of competitiveness that now is all but shot in the head and bleeding in the gutter.

In short, the mega-servers need more to lose, not more to gain.

Yumiko Togashii

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

For those who rail against GvG — it seems most GvG guilds are very big contributors to PPT WvW. If these guilds quit, or play less, your server will be hurt. Oh and getting rid of GvG does not mean those players will now contribute to PPT — it’s just as likely they will not log in at all.

The great thing about WvW is the “play how you want” aspect of it — zerging, sieging, small man roaming, dueling, GvG. A lot of players do many of these activities. If you got rid of all but PPT, many would probably get bored and leave.

in Suggestions

KStudios.2850

For those who rail against GvG — it seems most GvG guilds are very big contributors to PPT WvW. If these guilds quit, or play less, your server will be hurt. Oh and getting rid of GvG does not mean those players will now contribute to PPT — it’s just as likely they will not log in at all.

The great thing about WvW is the “play how you want” aspect of it — zerging, sieging, small man roaming, dueling, GvG. A lot of players do many of these activities. If you got rid of all but PPT, many would probably get bored and leave.

Exactly.

Yumiko Togashii

in Suggestions

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

If you find a place for GvG, i dont say no to removeing GvG from WvW.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in Suggestions

Posted by: kingcragus.6810

kingcragus.6810

I’d say bye etc, but guarantee you (I’d place money on this) that the guy is still playing. haha love it

in Suggestions

Posted by: fett.9573

fett.9573

rename to less gvg more orbs.
And you know he’ll be playing still.

in Suggestions

KStudios.2850

Actually, been running/farming SAB all morning. When I said quit, I meant WvW exclusively. I meant what I said, but am being urged to reconsider. If I go back, it won’t necessarily be because I wanted to…

I do a bit of PvE for once, and people get all kitteny… For Grenths sake let me be angry for a while!

Yumiko Togashii

in Suggestions

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

Actually, been running/farming SAB all morning. When I said quit, I meant WvW exclusively. I meant what I said, but am being urged to reconsider. If I go back, it won’t necessarily be because I wanted to…

I do a bit of PvE for once, and people get all kitteny… For Grenths sake let me be angry for a while!

My God, KStudios in the freaking adventure box. GG anet. Dump the dam buff already, you have some good stuff going on here outside of that. But when you’re change for the sake of change puts someone like this OP in that stupid box, you have totally screwed up. Oh, and just give us a gvg arena already. How hard is that?

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I don’t gvg, not my thing, please give gvg there own area to kitten around in so its no longer in the wvw forums, that way they have the balanced large scale fights they want and can still do wvw any other time.

as for the BL buff, its a good enough buff to be worth fighting for, this makes it so people actually fight for it instead of karma train down undefended structures. It was easy enough to have a few havoc squads take and keep the points and the buff changed hands often.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in Suggestions

Posted by: AphoticEssance.7592

AphoticEssance.7592

Please remove he Bloodlust buff Anet. I took off work just to play this patch. I really like what you did with the map, but this buff is overpowered and makes WvW unplayable at times.

The buff is too strong. Please fix it Anet.

in Suggestions

KStudios.2850

My God, KStudios in the freaking adventure box. GG anet. Dump the dam buff already, you have some good stuff going on here outside of that. But when you’re change for the sake of change puts someone like this OP in that stupid box, you have totally screwed up. Oh, and just give us a gvg arena already. How hard is that?

Saddest part? The “bunnados” in SAB are tougher than some of the high tier server Warriors I’ve seen in WvW. Lol!

Yumiko Togashii

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

Good riddance.

Hmmm, has nothing to do with GvG, let’s take a look at the title, Less orbs, more “GvG” please, and everyone is talking about “GvG”. So, how does this not have nothing to do with GvG?

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Just give people a venue for GvG…I really don’t see why ANet is fighting so hard against it.

The only issue I have with GvG in WvW is that it will occasionally give that map a queue, when a large number of the people in the map are GvG’ers or spectators, rather than actually playing WvW. Other than that, I think people should be able to play the game as they please.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Epistemic.8013

Epistemic.8013

Good riddance.

Hmmm, has nothing to do with GvG, let’s take a look at the title, Less orbs, more “GvG” please, and everyone is talking about “GvG”. So, how does this not have nothing to do with GvG?

The stacking buff as it exists now is kitten design, regardless if the fights are organized prior or if they are naturally occurring skirmishes. So the problem does not relate to GvG specifically. Which KStudios made clear in his first paragraph.

in Suggestions

KStudios.2850

Just give people a venue for GvG…I really don’t see why ANet is fighting so hard against it.

The only issue I have with GvG in WvW is that it will occasionally give that map a queue, when a large number of the people in the map are GvG’ers or spectators, rather than actually playing WvW. Other than that, I think people should be able to play the game as they please.

This isn’t the first time I’ve carried the “Save GvG!” banner in the forums. I’ve even went so far as to suggest they put an arena in an out of the way but easily accessible corner of the already existing Eternal Battlegrounds JP. Which as far as I know is its own instance entirely. So it wouldn’/shouldn’t effect the active Borderland queues in any fashion.

Perhaps the most humorous part, I don’t even have a guild with a big enough WvW presence to actually take part in GvG. I’m typically relegated to spectating. GvG has become the baseball of the mists, if you will. It’s a passtime and excuse for servers to get together and mingle without eating each others faces. Well, until one side gets mad when they lose, and the crowd erupts into a massive free for all. Again, part of the allure of the sport.

My question is why is Anet trying so blatantly hard to snuff this? Why is it I see opportunity where they apparently see only an anomally within the WvW community? They want to build content, fine, let them. I’m pointing out that there’s a completely untouched venue here that has massive potential and is already massively popular. If it were me in their shoes I’d capitalize on this with a large scale set of arena ruins, complete with food vendors, skill merchants. Maybe if thy wanted to get really creative maybe even a touch humorous with it they could treat it like a “ball game” atmosphere. We could even have special fight-specific foods like peanuts, ale, cotton candy, hot dogs, etc. All with stat boosts aimed at buffing of small scale fights. As stated, it’s currently untouched. It’s ripe for molding into something great. Anet strives so hard to bring (literally drag in some opinions) people into WvW via methods like required mapping locations and rehashed old content. Why not instead do what any country in the world that wants to promote legitimate tourism does? They don’t hold people at gun-point and say, “you WILL visit us!”… No, they build things of public interest. They construct things that the people will legitimately want to visit and see!

Rant, over.

Yumiko Togashii

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

You all realize it takes time to build systems for the game. Especially maps. If you want gvg and you want it done right with integrated systems and tracking etc then be patient.

If you want a bare bones open field just so you can get out of wvw and any buffs that may be there, then go support my thread to create some bareboned multipurpose rooms that the populace can use for anything. . Just realize that getting that fast bandaid fix may delay getting real gvg even longer

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

You all realize it takes time to build systems for the game. Especially maps. If you want gvg and you want it done right with integrated systems and tracking etc then be patient.

If you want a bare bones open field just so you can get out of wvw and any buffs that may be there, then go support my thread to create some bareboned multipurpose rooms that the populace can use for anything. . Just realize that getting that fast bandaid fix may delay getting real gvg even longer

Why would anybody want gvg to have some special system? So ANet can throw game breaking buffs at some teams?

in Suggestions

KStudios.2850

The difference here, is not our opinion. It’s the time frame behind it. You’re thinking long term, massive large scale arena with buffs and separate battle map/combat engine/etc. I’m thinking more we need a place set up for us right now where we can go because our favorite passtime is getting choked out of existence.

Yumiko Togashii

in Suggestions

Teraphas.6210

You would want a ranking system? Or how about matchmaking? How about a formal challenge system so you can set a time and fight specific guilds at that time? How about unique maps with varied terrain or do you just want a featureless white floor with no defined borders? How about variable battle sizes? Do you go with just free for all, you show up with 20 and they bring 60 and streamroll you or do you set up a system that only lets each side field equal numbers? Do you limit gvg to just 2 guilds fighting or do you allow up to 8 Guild rumbles?

That’s just of the top of my head and that doesn’t even start to consider rewards for winning or incentives to take part in gvg.

in Suggestions

Teraphas.6210

The difference here, is not our opinion. It’s the time frame behind it. You’re thinking long term, massive large scale arena with buffs and separate battle map/combat engine/etc. I’m thinking more we need a place set up for us right now where we can go because our favorite passtime is getting choked out of existence.

Like I said support this idea of you want a quick fix while you wait
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Proving-Ground-a-open-field-training-ground/first#post2846109

in Suggestions

Player Character.9467

You would want a ranking system? Or how about matchmaking? How about a formal challenge system so you can set a time and fight specific guilds at that time? How about unique maps with varied terrain or do you just want a featureless white floor with no defined borders? How about variable battle sizes? Do you go with just free for all, you show up with 20 and they bring 60 and streamroll you or do you set up a system that only lets each side field equal numbers? Do you limit gvg to just 2 guilds fighting or do you allow up to 8 Guild rumbles?

That’s just of the top of my head and that doesn’t even start to consider rewards for winning or incentives to take part in gvg.

No, no, no, no, population limitation is already a generic property of every zone, wtf?, wtf?

in Suggestions

Teraphas.6210

No, no, no, no, population limitation is already a generic property of every zone, wtf?, wtf?

You miss the point. True gvg should be more than just an open field. There are lots of things to consider. Determining if gvg should be even numbers or just how ever many you can get to show up is some of the stuff that Anet has to consider and plan. That takes time

in Suggestions

Player Character.9467

Stop trying to put siege and tower hugging into gvg…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Just curious here why would using some variation of the sPvP model that is already in place for a setup for this GvG niche? Not saying it should be the option, but and wondering why it is not considered.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Suggestions

KStudios.2850

Just curious here why would using some variation of the sPvP model that is already in place for a setup for this GvG niche? Not saying it should be the option, but and wondering why it is not considered.

First and foremost, it does not support the sheer numbers of people GvG typically brings with it. We’re talking 20 man guild member groups competiting from each of the other two servers currently in WvW during any given match-up, plus unknown number of spectators. I have screenies of past GvG’s with well over 100-140 people overall in attendance. It could of course probably be trimmed down to just two guilds competing, but it would still have to be a large instance map of it’s own. SPvP currently has nothing that would support this.

Secondly, the non-balanced, all gear and power-ups accounted for, nature of the WvW combat engine is preferred over the autobalanced SPvP engine. This also goes for the attire and Amulets that sPvP forces players to use. We want our gear, our weapons, our stats.

Yumiko Togashii

in Suggestions

KStudios.2850

Stop trying to put siege and tower hugging into gvg…

Yeeeeeah, get plenty of that in WvW as is, lol. XD

Yumiko Togashii

in Suggestions

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Lie, open field fights and gvg encounters has NEVER contribute to wwvw. Only when guilds plays wvw as it has been intended are they contributing then to wvw match up. GvG and WvW has nothing to do each others it’s not the same game style, ask Anet for a specific Arena and let people enjoy WvW and Anet content. ty to respect others.

in Suggestions

Player Character.9467

Titan #1 PPT GW2

in Suggestions

KStudios.2850

Titan #1 PPT GW2

No idea what that means…

Yumiko Togashii

in Suggestions

KStudios.2850

Lie, open field fights and gvg encounters has NEVER contribute to wwvw. Only when guilds plays wvw as it has been intended are they contributing then to wvw match up. GvG and WvW has nothing to do each others it’s not the same game style, ask Anet for a specific Arena and let people enjoy WvW and Anet content. ty to respect others.

Oh yeah lol? Lets break that down logically.

1: I can’t speak for all servers, but my home server the GvG crowd (about 3 guilds)makes up about 50-60% of the overall dedicated WvW population.
2: They also, not coincidentally, make up the most skilled portion of that populace in open field combat. In short, a smaller servers only hope of having any chance of dealing with a mass zerg-mob from a server with superior numbers.

So yeah, saying they have no bearing on server performance is akin to is like saying a car battery isn’t required to start a vehicle. I rofl’ed at your response.

Yumiko Togashii

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Now they get to camp in the center of your BL buffed with +150 to stats… WITH CANNONS mind you…

do u realize they have no personal incentive to camp there?

in Suggestions

KStudios.2850

Now they get to camp in the center of your BL buffed with +150 to stats… WITH CANNONS mind you…

do u realize they have no personal incentive to camp there?

An additional +100 to stats across the board by camping the other two Borderlands is not enough incentive? It was in our match-up against SBI. They were standin’ there all week. Maybe in some of the smaller less coverage servers it might not be near as big a deal, but SBI had a constant presence there.

Yumiko Togashii

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

then i guess WvW players do not care much about personal rewards heheh.

PvE players need carrots.