Let ANY PROFESSION use ANY ARMOR...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bloodlust.3672

Bloodlust.3672

Please let ANY PROFESSION use ANY ARMOR. It will give us more visual choices for our characters. And will allow us to combine armors in more variety of ways. Currently, the armor system feels too restrictive.

in Suggestions

Posted by: mingnonchan.2851

mingnonchan.2851

Not sure if that will happen. Most of the Medium armor will just clash with the Light/Heavy armors as it is.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Direngrey.1247

Direngrey.1247

I actually agree, I think you should be able to transmutate any type of armour irregardless of your profession. Is it just me who loves battle-mages in RPG’s? Heavy gear, blue hood? I think it’s awesome, I’d love to do that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aragnor.4250

Aragnor.4250

Ummm mages running with plates..? Or thieves..?
Not for me..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

yes because everyone knows a thief can be stealthy in platemail and a warrior would wear a silk dress in combat…..Its fine the way it is .

in Suggestions

Posted by: computertrucker.4635

computertrucker.4635

Umm no thank you. Giving ranged classes the ability to wear heavy armory would destroy any semblance of balance.

GW2 has its since of style which I think they should keep.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GabrielD.9582

GabrielD.9582

I made a topic with the same suggestion for TRANSMUTATIONS. I mean, just think about it, if the game is balanced now ( sort off ) giving a mage the option to use heavy armor would need a lot more balancing, but theres NO reason not to let we transmute any armor into another. Almost everyone i know got bored of theyr armor type, its all the same, give us the option to transmute the armors at least for skins.

And some people just complain saying ‘’ but a warrior wont use leather’’ HEY its MY warrior he will use whatever he hell i want.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

This is Arenanet’s Game. They have chosen their route and balanced accordingly. This is not a change that should happen.

You want to be a battle mage? Suggest it as a future class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: computertrucker.4635

computertrucker.4635

Run hit the nail on the head. Suggest it as a new class

in Suggestions

Posted by: ChyldeMyst.5098

ChyldeMyst.5098

I agree with the transmutation thing, at least. My Warrior would love to wear a circlet instead of a face-obscuring helm, and my thief would rather wear the light cultural armour shoulders than the medium. Let us splice different appearances onto our armour, and just lock out the stats on the unwearable set.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rfreak.6591

Rfreak.6591

I fully understand that Anet decided to design classes as they are, all games do that, but it still feels kind of a pity I can try cross-class armor combos in the locker without being able to actually do that, I mean, having THAT kind of preview means it IS possible, but still it’d take quite some effort into reworking stats.

Besides that, you guys should have known what kind of armor each class/race can access, so why did you make a character that you wouldn’t like?

My suggestion is: try harder on which armors you can wear/craft/find and customize your character accordingly, check the locker for combos and you might find smtg tasty, but keep in mind, many armors look just better on different dyes, some display also different colours even when the same dye is applied, so collect’em, if you are looking for a specific style try to unlock dyes from the same colour range.

Last but not least: try out all dyes, don’t stick with just a couple expensive thinking you look good because you’re rich, that won’t work.

Now for a couple of tips: if you are looking for black, try out charcoal (it’s cheap so…), I got abyss dye and it still feels a bit blue-ish, while charcoal’s definitely more… “neutral”.

If you are struggling for white dye then I suggest the blue ice as a cheaper solution.

(edited by Rfreak.6591)

in Suggestions

Posted by: DragonMind.2983

DragonMind.2983

I would love to see mix and match armor/‘armor types’,
since despite popular belief, defense rating on types of
armor is not an issue, if the guild wars 2 wiki info on
armor types and defense is correct.

in Suggestions

Posted by: captaincrunch.6731

captaincrunch.6731

I think OP really just wants more skins. I do too. No need to mix armor types, just give us more of each.

Although I’m sure we’ll get more with time in future updates.

in Suggestions

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

I would personally recommend that heavier armour can be transmuted with lighter armour, but not the other way around. Like a warrior can transmute their plate helmet with a medium mask or a light circlet, but an elemenalist cant transmute their circlet with a medium mask or a plate helmet.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Delryn.7235

Delryn.7235

I personally think it’s perfect the way it is, I agree that a thief running around with a bulky heavy armor is unusual. Anything running around with anything other than what already is in place would just look weird. Plus this would be a big problem to WvW and PvP, imagine you see someone running at you with light armor and think “well he probably won’t resist too much” when in reality it’s a big tanky warrior.

Just add more armor options of all types and we’re good.

in Suggestions

Direngrey.1247

I just want my guardian to be able to wear a hood, and I’m fine.
That and more skins, of course.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Schiann.8620

Schiann.8620

While I totally understand that desire to have that heavy armour look on your light armour-wearing character (my poor Sylvari necro wants some badkitty plate), folks here have brought up good points about balance and believability.

That said, maybe if you could only transmute 1 level heavier or lighter…
E.g.: heavy <—>medium <—> light

In the end, though, I think that would just overcomplicate things, and I’ll just accept that I need to make another character who can wear the armour with the skin I like so much.

in Suggestions

Direngrey.1247

This is how I think it should work.

Soldier profession : Wears heavy, medium and cloth gear.
Adventurer profession : Wears medium and cloth gear.
Scholar profession : Wears cloth gear.
You may be thinking that the professions who can wear more are at an advantage, but this wouldn’t be the case, it would purely be cosmetic.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

You may be thinking that the professions who can wear more are at an advantage, but this wouldn’t be the case, it would purely be cosmetic.

Soldier profession : Wears heavy gear.
Adventurer profession : Wears medium and heavy gear.
Scholar profession : Wears heavy, medium and cloth gear.

Now how do you feel about this? Thought so.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Suggestions

castlemanic.3198

Nice, going for mockery when you could have simply stated that you disagreed with the idea.

And his idea isn’t as silly as you’d like to make it, considering that many MMOs allow plate wearers to also wear chain, leather and cloth, Rift and WoW prime examples. So before you go mocking what somebody else is saying, take into considering the facts that already support his idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I think the solution is to add more skins, NOT to allow everyone to wear all armors.

The primary reason is identifying a class in PvP. Any class wearing any armor makes it much harder to tell who is what simply by looking at them.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

in Suggestions

Direngrey.1247

Hahahah, nice try at mocking me, I don’t and wouldn’t feel upset or discriminated against if that was the way it was. But, it would never be that way, because someone who can ONLY wears cloth does not wear heavy gear, logic dictates that someone who can wear very heavy gear can obviously wear light gear. Many MMORPG’s do this, so it’s not as stupid as you may think.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yagu.7134

Yagu.7134

Honestly I think OP wanted to say that he wants to be able to wear other armor types only for visuals not stats. He means a battle mage only as a mage that wears heavy parts of armor for looks which is how transmutating or costume system works in most of MMOs. (apart from GW but I guess Anet wanted to feel unique)

in Suggestions

Direngrey.1247

Yeah, so we should be able to transmutate gear of other classes, but only if it makes sense. Soldier professions can transmutate heavy, medium and cloth gear. Adventurer profesions can transmutate medium and cloth gear, and scholar professions can transmutate cloth gear. Otherwise you’d get elementalists wearing huge plate gear, which wouldn’t make sense, but a warrior for example can wear light gear because they can already wear heavier stuff.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I consider the idea of plate armor with cloth stats (or the other way round) as stupid as the idea of mages wearing heavy armor (or the other way round, I’m a conservative player and I always liked the idea of mages not being allowed to wear plate or chain armor because it interrupts their mystical energy flow – not to mention the idea of close combat classes wearing cloth).

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Suggestions

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Beyond the other complaints above, I can see a technical issue with this. There is horrible texture spread when viewing Light when mixed with Medium or Heavy, or vice versa. Light skirts clip terribly with Medium coats. It wouldn’t just be a matter of coding to let us don the other levels of armor, it would be a huge graphics overhaul.

The Elder Scrolls Online will allow complete freedom of gear and skills, but the aesthetic and mechanics (and graphics) of GW2 dictate visual distinctions between the Professions.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RaspberryTurtle.9027

RaspberryTurtle.9027

This is a silly idea, then how will you visually identify what class is what on the battle field?

imo they should just add more “armor” looking sets for light/medium classes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jazhara Knightmage.4389

Jazhara Knightmage.4389

I want a heavy like helm for my ele…..sort of like magneto’s helm in xmen…..

and the “battle mage” or “warlock” is a common thing in fanticy games really, a mage that can use more then just mage weapons(Swords and such)

It dosnt matter whos what class in the field……all classes can do multi rolls, I think being able to transmute the visual look of any similar item is a good idea.

by similar i mean armor chest’s should all be able to have their look swapped around for example, not that you should be able to make a staff look like a spear or sword..(That would be silly)

AMD FX-8350@4.8ghz on air(SilverArrowSB-E Extreme) , 32gb 1866mhz(10-11-10 cr1)
PCP&C 1200watt TC, Crosshair V F-Z, Sapphire 290x

in Suggestions

castlemanic.3198

This is a silly idea, then how will you visually identify what class is what on the battle field?

imo they should just add more “armor” looking sets for light/medium classes.

i would think it would be pretty obvious. The only ones flinging fireballs would be elementalists, the only ones with minions would be necromancers, illusions would be mesmers, pet would be ranger, stealthing would be thief, blue animations would be guardians which would really leave the confusion between warriors and engineers, and warriors can use greatswords and hammers.

Considering that, i don’t believe finding out what the other class is would really be an issue.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kyndron.8340

Kyndron.8340

I don’t think making all armour available to all classes is a great idea – it would nullify the need to separate the armour between heavy, medium and light. However, if they brought out a third form of transmutation stone that allows you to place the aesthetic appearance of a different armour class onto your armour (but, for the sake of different armour types, not the stats) then that would be cool. It’s unlikely to happen though. Can you imagine an elementalist casting fire whilst wearing huge plates?

Jenju – level 80 norn ranger
Server = Desolation
Guild = Miscellaneous

in Suggestions

Posted by: veritech.1048

veritech.1048

This is a PvP oriented game.

In PvP you need to be able to quickly identify a class so that you can adjust your tactics accordingly. If everyone could wear whatever they want, it would make it harder to identify where a particular threat is coming from (ie. an elementalist raining AoE on your group).

Now, the counter argument to this is to just revert to normal in a PvP area. This works in sPvP where it is a separate zone with different rules and equipment. WvW however transfers everything from PvE, and would require extra dev time to implement a new set of rules.

It’s just too much of a hassle for a minor cosmetic convenience. The only way I could get behind this idea was if you could put on any armor in your Town Clothes tab for role play purposes.