Let "The Minstrel" be played as an instrument

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dasmordo.9654

Dasmordo.9654

It would be fantastic to have this as an actual working instrument and really cool idea seeing as people still think it’s lacking even since it’s graphical update especially with the Marriner’s Horn and Flute about now. This is one of the least popular legendaries I think it needs something more appealing.

(edited by Dasmordo.9654)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

would be funny if they added a right click option that let people play it like an instrument.

#ELEtism

in Suggestions

Dasmordo.9654

would be funny if they added a right click option that let people play it like an instrument.

Agreed, it would be also cool if they did the same with “The Bard” precursor to allow it playable as a working instrument.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

While I see the appeal, since it is an instrument, I feel that if those get to be instruments then every horn should also be playable because they are also instruments.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Dasmordo.9654

While I see the appeal, since it is an instrument, I feel that if those get to be instruments then every horn should also be playable because they are also instruments.

That would be quite annoying for Anet to do probably for every horn tho, but this is a legendary weapon I think it just needs something a tad extra to make it more awesome at least I think so anyway.

(edited by Dasmordo.9654)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Montgomery.1986

Montgomery.1986

The design of the war horn, essentially a lopped off animal’s horn, is more of a signaling device, not really crafted to produce many notes and used more for audibility than for musicality. The same cannot be said for a flute (the Bard) and a lute (The Minstrel) which are specifically designed to produce musical notes.

You may argue that it is possible to make music with a warhorn, and you would probably be right, but traditionally they were not used in that fashion. The Bard and The Minstrel are specifically instruments, very expensive, rare and special instruments, that don’t actually play music at this time. But they should.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ask Dons Mop.3601

Ask Dons Mop.3601

+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!