Let me reorganize my skills please...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jdreal.8347

Jdreal.8347

I would like to have the option of reorganizing my skills on the skills bar and be able to put each ability in the skill slot that i want, in the order i want. Would like to have this option also available for each weapon type. For example, as a warrior with a greatsword you have a charge ability which is the last skill on the skills bar but when you switch to a one handed sword you also have a charge skill that is now on the nubber 2 slot i think. I just feel more coumfortable organizing my abilities the way i like.

Would also be nice to have my keybinds saved for each of my characters so that i dont have to change them around everytime i log in with a different character…thank’s

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thapaintrain.9546

Thapaintrain.9546

This!!! now plz

in Suggestions

Posted by: Delsabre.5934

Delsabre.5934

Would also be nice to have my keybinds saved for each of my characters so that i dont have to change them around everytime i log in with a different character…thank’s

Think you have access to ‘global keybinds’ when you open the prefs at the character select screen.

And yes, I would like to reorganize my skillbars too.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onichi.1057

Onichi.1057

While I understand wanting to readjust keys I find this a unique aspect of GW2 competitive play as all of us have the same keys. So Class vs Class fight will be based on skill/Spec rather than who has the more useful mouse etc. This is how games stay balanced and which is one of the the very few valid arguments against addons. You can already do so with keybinds but may suffer the switch on another class

—-17yrs of MMO experience—-
UO, EQ, DAoC, LineageII, WoW, AION, Rift, GW2
Onirem Silvanus aka Assault aka Onichi aka Versatile

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

I’d like to see this too. Generally more customisation is never a bad thing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

I dont supporting adding other skills to board i like the Anets idea 5wep/1heal/3basic/1 elite skills. I don’t want to see changes in that.

All i would like to see is that i would be able to reorganise weapon skills in different order, put heal next to elite(just to have some things sorted, nothing more nothing less).
I don’t mind playing game as it is, but yeah it would be nice to have some sorting freedom.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brewergamer.8357

Brewergamer.8357

Well if you want to “arrange your abilities” you can just change your keybindings.. for example let’s say the ability you want at 2 is at 5, well change the ability 5 keybinding to 2. Bam re-arranged skills.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I vote for letting us rebind our weapon skills. Not only are the same type skills on different slots on different weapons, but the combinations I like to use are not usually in sequence. For example, a skill that gives vulnerability before a skill that does a damage burst is set the opposite way on my Warrior’s rifle.
Changing key binds, as some have suggested, doesn’t work as it changes them for all your weapons. If changing them on one weapon messes up the sequence on another, then this is not helpful.
In Guild Wars 1, I could set the skills so they fit the way I played and was logical for me. Please bring this flexibility back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Will you then refer to each skill by name rather than “Sword #2”?

If not, then no :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Well if you want to “arrange your abilities” you can just change your keybindings.. for example let’s say the ability you want at 2 is at 5, well change the ability 5 keybinding to 2. Bam re-arranged skills.

I normally arrange my things by cooldown and how often i use them, that’s because i want to arrange the view, those that have longer reuse, i want them to stick in right side of bar, others on left side, it’s not useful to just change keybindings, even if you know that teoreticaly u gonna push right button, but psychically i’m not happy with that and it bothers me over and over again.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in Suggestions

Thapaintrain.9546

I refuse to buy more gems to purchase character slots until I can keybind each character the way I like, without affecting the rest of my characters keybinds.

in Suggestions

Posted by: FalconFighter.9628

FalconFighter.9628

Will you then refer to each skill by name rather than “Sword #2”?

If not, then no :P

^hahaha he is right in a way. we must learn our skill names!

i think OP meant he wants a way to have the function of the skill to be linked with the corresponding keybind regardless of weapon-set. so just press the same button for the sword mobility skill as for the greatsword mobility skill.
i.e. hit sword mobility skill> weapon swap> hit same key for greatsword mobility skill
(this is impossible with our current system of keybinding)

perhaps if anet really cared to cater to this sort of problem, a possible solution would be an advanced level of key-binding options designed for each weapon-set on each character/profession. though i don’t know of any progress of the latter.

likewise i expect (if any) a reply telling us to L2P with mobility skills on different keys for different weapons. forget the proven effectiveness/preference of having certain types of skills consistently on certain keys. let’s just L2P in this way with no real logical explanation other than making it a bigger learning curve so anyone who puts time into playing our functionally scattered key-pressing-style will effectively be harder to defeat by someone who is used to playing an actual esport that uses consistent keybindings.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

Being able to rearrange the skill order and having the option to save the arrangement can’t be a bad thing. Give each skill a color border around it to identify its skill group then let it get shifted around. Example: Weapon skills bordered in red, heal skills in blue, utility skills in green and elites in yellow.

in Suggestions

Thapaintrain.9546

The UI is in need of major improvement and customization options.

in Suggestions

Posted by: pluzoid.2597

pluzoid.2597

It would be nice to place the wep skills in a order we prefer, like the utilities.
Better for mouse clickers!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Yes yes yes yes yes and hurry

Forever Against Stacked Servers
Virual [VRUS] Alien Lunatics [StFu] Nocturnal Sxaddx [Nuts] Ft. Aspenwood
That which is dead may eternally lie, but with great aeons even death may die.