Let me transmute my accessories?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nefara.2186

Nefara.2186

I know it sounds like a silly request, but hear me out. When wandering through the world you find all of these karma merchants and vendors with unique artifacts and tokens. If you’re roleplaying, they help you make up a bit of a story for your character. You can carry with you the Seraph dog tags of a friend or a Skritt pet rock or a book by Captain Langmar. The problem is, I almost always just make and wear my own jewelry because it has the exact stats I want, it’s easy to acquire and usually higher level.

There’s a merchant in Fields of Ruin that sells a teddy bear accessory, and I realized what I really wanted my thief in her black and sinister awesomeness to have was a teddy bear tucked away on her person, giving her strength. It just made me smile to think about it, but of course I have my mithril/orichalcum jewelery set of epicness and this thing is way too low for her. I recognize that it doesn’t have any sort of real appearance change but I think if I want to “waste” the transmutation stones it’d be nice to have the option.

Musically inclined individual forever on the lute treadmill.
Check out my songs for the harp !
My guide for beginners!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

No idea if they would do this but I agree, one of the earliest funniest moments I had was the pet rock and I would love to carry accessories as sentimental items instead if i could.

EDIT: I have already collected a stack of those marsh frogs from bloodtide coast. In gw1 I was the same, carrying crap to remember gaming moments.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

(edited by Turial.1293)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jia Shen.4217

Jia Shen.4217

But you don’t see these items on the avatar and only in the character panel, unless I’m missing noticing that. So what’s stopping you from making up the story anyways without the item in the slot? Or keeping the item in your bags if you don’t mind sacrificing space for sentimental reasons. I’m just trying to understand why this would be something they should spend time on doing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jennaissance.2195

Jennaissance.2195

[Berserker Pet Rock of the Berserker]

Do it, +1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nefara.2186

Nefara.2186

But you don’t see these items on the avatar and only in the character panel, unless I’m missing noticing that. So what’s stopping you from making up the story anyways without the item in the slot? Or keeping the item in your bags if you don’t mind sacrificing space for sentimental reasons. I’m just trying to understand why this would be something they should spend time on doing.

They don’t show on the avatar, but you’d see it every time you went to your hero screen. There’s nothing really stopping me from cluttering up my bags admittedly, but it’s just one of those things that would be nice to be able to do. I’m under no illusions that this is an important request at all, but it also strikes me as the sort of thing that would probably be easy to do. I know everything is more complicated than it sounds to the people outside the game, but compared to some of the other things suggested it might happen.

Musically inclined individual forever on the lute treadmill.
Check out my songs for the harp !
My guide for beginners!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hydrophidian.4319

Hydrophidian.4319

I would like trophy cases in the home instance that I could put favorite accessories into.

Click on a case, see the item in the case. Give me the option to enter a short description for the item.

It’d be a nice, simple way to personalize the home instance, and it’d give other people something to check out should they happen to be in there with you.

Being able to transmute accessories would also be nice. My norn Thief carries her Raven totem in a bag, but I’d rather it be something she continues to wear.

(edited by Hydrophidian.4319)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hydrophidian.4319

Hydrophidian.4319

I’m just trying to understand why this would be something they should spend time on doing.

For the same reason that they made the unique accessories to begin with. They serve no game purpose whatsoever, they’re just flavor. But flavor adds depth to the world and to the play experience, so instead of Generic Accessory X, the designers went to the trouble to add dog tags, teddy bears, apple corers, pet rocks, and so on.

For much the same reason, some folks want to keep specific items on their character.

The transmutation system is there already, so it probably wouldn’t be too big a deal to make it work with accessories as well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shard.4791

Shard.4791

I would like this to happen too. I was surprised the feature wasn’t in. Not having the system means all non lvl 80 exotic accessory skins are obsolete. How many skins there are, clearly over 100? All wasted. Transmuting accessories is essential for RP and aesthetic purposes. The current system feels not RP-ish enough for a AAA RP game and limits the personal attachment to your PC.

Mm. I like turtles.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alyssa.3419

Alyssa.3419

There’s no reason you can’t simply keep such items in your bag…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

Really can’t relate as to why you would want such a thing, but I don’t see this suggestion harming any others. Have it your way like Burger King is kind of ANet’s motto isn’t it?

Don’t mind if this were put in, but I don’t see it being a high priority and what not.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Garenthal.1480

Garenthal.1480

There’s no reason you can’t simply keep such items in your bag…

At the cost of wasting already precious inventory space. I’d love to be able to transmute accessories, since more often than not it’s the little things that can make a huge difference when it comes to immersion.