Let people know you're a guest

in Suggestions

Posted by: endeavor.7530

endeavor.7530

Simply put, when someone is guesting, people cannot tell whether or not that person is actually from that world. Simple solution, put some sort of marking or indication (perhaps under their guild name or title or better yet, next to their name in parenthesis put “(guest)”)

Server: Fort Aspenwood
Main: Endeavorr

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

It doesn’t? Sounds like it should be something to address to avoid confusion among the PVEers.

in Suggestions

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Not sure why it matters? People can join guilds from other servers, play on 2 other servers for 24 hours at a time. For PvE, servers really do not matter, so knowing someone is a guest doesn’t matter either.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Not sure why it matters? People can join guilds from other servers, play on 2 other servers for 24 hours at a time. For PvE, servers really do not matter, so knowing someone is a guest doesn’t matter either.

On top of this, you can do dungeouns with people from other servers…servers really only matter when it comes to low population zones in PvE.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

I have one question; Why? (like cool-whip) Why?

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

I do agree that there should be some sort of differentiation between a Guest and an actual “foreigner” in the guild. For some guilds who want to build some sort of server-based loyalty, it comes in handy so that officers don’t wrongly kick someone out because a member actually appeared to be Guesting instead of genuinely transferring off the server. I know my primary guild would prefer that their members be on Sanctum of Rall, for example, and would give non-Rall players a chance to transfer over before getting the boot.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wesley.4590

Wesley.4590

I do agree that there should be some sort of differentiation between a Guest and an actual “foreigner” in the guild.

In guilds: yes. But this topic wasn’t about guilds but about while guesting during regular PvE. Guilds need much improvement and being able to see someone’s Home server is definitely on that list as well.

I don’t really see the point in being able to see if someone’s guesting or not. It doesn’t impair your gaming experience if you encounter someone in PvE who is guesting, without you knowing it. So why do you think this is needed?

Regards

in Suggestions

Posted by: endeavor.7530

endeavor.7530

When someone is guesting, they do not contribute to the world’s pools but that of their guild on their own home world. Guilds are only important on home servers and lack cross-server seeing how influence pools are server based and not broad (strangely name is though).

Server: Fort Aspenwood
Main: Endeavorr

in Suggestions

Turial.1293

They don’t contribute to what exactly?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

The guild’s influence pool.

A Guild across two servers will have 2 separate influence pools. One for each server. Even if all of the guild members guest on one server, the influence the guesting guild members earn apparently goes either no where or to the influence pool for their home world. At least that’s what I’m guessing. It would really stink if only the original home server of the guild had a working influence pool and not offshoots on other servers.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

A Guild across two servers will have 2 separate influence pools. One for each server. Even if all of the guild members guest on one server, the influence the guesting guild members earn apparently goes either no where or to the influence pool for their home world. At least that’s what I’m guessing. It would really stink if only the original home server of the guild had a working influence pool and not offshoots on other servers.

Influence always goes to the home server but that has nothing to do with showing guest status on character name plates.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Influence always goes to the home server but that has nothing to do with showing guest status on character name plates.

And I was answering Turial’s question.

in Suggestions

Turial.1293

The fact is if they are not representing you are getting no influence at all, maybe they are a part of 5 guilds, which means, at every point in time they are not contributing to 4 others, which is ridiculous IMO. I believe the influence goes to the home world no matter where you are guesting. So all you need to do really is recruit players on your home server or make it mandatory. Guesting, as limited as it is, allows you to play on servers with your friends to help them in PvE, that means if you wanted your members for dungeons/WvW then you just ask them to come back. All it takes is a flick of a button to stop guesting. Of course, they might be busy and say no; so that is some of the reasons it is not important to know whether or not people are guesting. You can either make it mandatory to be on the home world to gain your influence or stop caring as it really does not matter.