Let us buy stacks!

Let us buy stacks!

in Suggestions

Posted by: illo.5106

illo.5106

Hi,

what I’m really missing in GW2 is, that I can’t buy stacks of special items. It isn’t a big deal, but sometimes really annoying, if I have to click 100+ times at a merchant, just because there’s no option to buy a 100-stack or simply enter a number and click “OK”.

Let us buy stacks!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

Or even worse when those 100 things also require to be confirmed each time. This is something the game sorely needs.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Let us buy stacks!

in Suggestions

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Yeah. I want shift click and type the number you want. Just like gw1. :<

Let us buy stacks!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Felbryn.5462

Felbryn.5462

Seems reasonable. But out of curiosity…what exactly do you find yourself buying hundreds of?

I guess I did that with Obsidian Shards once, but even that was only because I was worried about the merchant being inaccessible and so I bought a long-term supply.

And I’ve bought hundreds of crafting ingredients…that come in sets of 10 or 25 per click.

Let us buy stacks!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Just off the top of my head, the first example that comes to mind is Icy Runestones. They’re obtained from exactly one vendor, cost a gold each, and are necessary for every Legendary Weapon.

I’m not sure if they have a confirmation on each sale (since they cost a gold,) but the only use for them is if you buy 100. There’s no reason to buy any more or less, or to buy them in installments. (Of course, maybe it would just be better to require one Icy Runestone and price it at 100g…)

Beyond that, I’m coming up short on ideas. Consumables like Fire Elemental Powder might be nice to buy in bulk.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Let us buy stacks!

in Suggestions

illo.5106

Seems reasonable. But out of curiosity…what exactly do you find yourself buying hundreds of?

E. g.:
- fire elemental powder
- seed turrets,
- ash legion spy kit,
- mystic forge stuff,
- sometimes consumables for drinking achievement,
- and ofc: quaggan tonic,
- so on

Let us buy stacks!

in Suggestions

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

The biggest offender here is definitely the thirst slayer achievement requires not only buying 25,000 beers from a karma vendor, you then have to double click each and every one of them to consume. So 75,000 clicks.

I think there are drinks you can buy for silver which are 4 times as effective, so if you go this route you “only” need 6250 of them, or a mere 18750 clicks.

Orrian Jewelry Boxes are pretty bad too: if you buy a stack of 250, and open them all, you get several stacks of karma consumables that you then have to double click on.

Let us buy stacks!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cyto.9401

Cyto.9401

i am a chef, this is how i make my money.

eg: i want to make omnomberry pies, so i buy 500 omnomberries and 500 butter, i go to celadon forest to get 500 lemons, which is 20 times lemons in bulk. then i go to the cooking vendor (any major city) and i have to buy 500 flour, 500 water 500 starch and 500 sugar. you buy those with 10 each click, thats 4*500/10, or 200 clicks for 500 omnomberry pies.

i do at least 4 of these recipes each day. it gets.. tedious to say the least.

protip
1) if you “select” the item you want to buy by left clicking on it once, and then click the “buy” button, you no longer have to click 2 times for every time you want to buy that item. if you get a message that asks if you are sure, align the “buy” button with the “ok” from the message. that way you do not have to move your mouse at all.
2) if you have a laptop, you can use both your mouse and your touchpad’s left mouse button to rapidly buy items, but you need to alternate.

Let us buy stacks!

in Suggestions

Felbryn.5462

Have you considered that that tedium is probably the only reason that baking omnomberry pies is profitable? There’s a lot of people in the game with 400 cooking (or any other crafting skill); profitable recipes tend to get made and sold rapidly until they are no longer profitable. If it wasn’t tedious, you’d probably have a lot more competition driving prices down.

Let us buy stacks!

in Suggestions

illo.5106

Have you considered that that tedium is probably the only reason that baking omnomberry pies is profitable?

Or because they are annoyed by crafting. Know a lot that don’t like to do it and rather go farm a speedrun-dungeon and buy the stuff, before travelling half the map for ingredients and stand around crafting.

Let us buy stacks!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cyto.9401

Cyto.9401

Have you considered that that tedium is probably the only reason that baking omnomberry pies is profitable? There’s a lot of people in the game with 400 cooking (or any other crafting skill); profitable recipes tend to get made and sold rapidly until they are no longer profitable. If it wasn’t tedious, you’d probably have a lot more competition driving prices down.

i believe that having to do the calculation every time is what prevents a lot of people from bothering to craft as a ways of making money.

Let us buy stacks!

in Suggestions

Posted by: xerca.6135

xerca.6135

Buy stacks and a “Use all” function would be great! Having to click through stacks of 250 consumables for the achievement for example gives my mouse trauma for life.

Let us buy stacks!

in Suggestions

Felbryn.5462

Buy stacks and a “Use all” function would be great! Having to click through stacks of 250 consumables for the achievement for example gives my mouse trauma for life.

I’d argue that’s a problem with bad achievement design rather than bad UI design. Any achievement that people are going to tend to get by using non-stacking consumables in rapid succession is dumb.

I despise the “Daily Feast” for exactly this reason (I call it “Daily flush-food-down-the-toilet”).

Let us buy stacks!

in Suggestions

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I was thinking this exact same thing when I bought 450 Sun Beads yesterday.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson