Let us design weapons/armor...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khyber.2693

Khyber.2693

Ive noticed a lot of complaints from people who are not satisfied with how few choices we have. What better way to have a happy community than to let them get what they want in game?

I believe Gw1 had a contest for designing weapons… Couldnt we implement something like that? Or have some kind of system where new armor and weapons can be put into the game?

As of right now, we have NO armor variety. Light armor is pretty much skirt city, medium armor is all coats, and heavy is the only one with some variety… not to mention you completely neglected some races when making armor…

There are also too many greatsword skins as compared to skins for other weapons… Where are the cool staffs? Daggers? Maces? Warhorns? Focuses? AXES? Really only variations of a blade get cool skins
? Seems a bit messed up dont you think?

Please, Anet?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Community design contests would be very fun. I know there are a lot of skilled artists that play this game, and I’ve seen a ton of awesome fan art. I bet ANet would get some fantastic stuff out of the community.

in Suggestions

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

Ohh this should happen. If it does, I gotta start sketching again :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Excuse you, but "few choices? There’s the CoF set, CoE set, AC set, Twighlight set, mole-people dungeon set, Arah set, set from the Hearts in Arah, set from WvWvW, set, set from the Personal Stories (Commando?), set from mid-level hearts, crafted sets (of which there’s at the very least 9 of them).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khyber.2693

Khyber.2693

Excuse you, but "few choices? There’s the CoF set, CoE set, AC set, Twighlight set, mole-people dungeon set, Arah set, set from the Hearts in Arah, set from WvWvW, set, set from the Personal Stories (Commando?), set from mid-level hearts, crafted sets (of which there’s at the very least 9 of them).

9 Now equals a lot?

Wow.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Yes! Very Yes!!

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

I believe there are 24 Light Armor skins (I counted 23 on gw2armor.com and noticed one was absent, I believe it is the feathered skin)

Assuming there are equal number of skins per race/type and a different skin per gender that means there are 2×24×5x3 or 690 skins. You can cut that down a bit, because I know the skins do look the same across races sometimes (especially Norn/Human/Sylvari). Assuming all 3 of those have the same skins except cultural, that means you have 2x (21×3×3 + 3×5×3) = 468 unique skin sets.

There are definitely quite a few out there.

That said, I’d definitely enjoy variety and welcome the idea of a user designed system!