Lets bring back Orbs of Power

in Suggestions

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

not in their old game breaking fashion of course, but with similar buffs to the outmanned buff. I would like to have another objective in WvW to compete for.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

Sure, I support that. Make it like world bonus stuff: own X orb, get 30% magic find in and out of WvW. Own Y orb get 30% gold find. Own Z orb, get free pie.

Ya know, something that isn’t useless so people actually make an effort to get them.

More things to do (in a game) is always better.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

(edited by Fomby.4295)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

I think it should be something like:
If you own EVERYTHING in an enemy world
THEN the orb opens up and you can nab it

The only way for the enemy to get it back is by capping the keep you put it in, which resets it to its initial location.

Really the one blazing oversight Anet made in the initial design is that there was no pre-requisite to stealing the orb, which made it dead simple for hackers to get at. Even a requirement of “keep lord must be dead” would have helped a ton. Instead they made it so you couldn’t kill the keep lord until you got the orb, which was backwards and blazingly stupid.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in Suggestions

Posted by: purpleskies.3274

purpleskies.3274

I would love to have an orb bonus giving boosts to gold, karma, and magic find. Preferably for the entire server to make them that much more valuable and make the whole server care about them not just WvW people.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

I would love to have an orb bonus giving boosts to gold, karma, and magic find. Preferably for the entire server to make them that much more valuable and make the whole server care about them not just WvW people.

Not saying its a bad idea, just looking at the flip side. If the orb bonus PvE and make your server more interested because of just the orb, you’ll end up with more “pugs” focusing that one objective then WvW focused guild getting into WvW and playing the meta. That being said this idea could end up helping low tier servers get more people into WvW but would probably hurt higher tier servers flooding it. Then again if the orb only effects MF/GF then higher tier WvW players wouldn’t really care about it other then bragging rights but that would only go for WvW players, the PvE players would still care.

Just thinking out side the box a bit. Personally I thought the orbs were a good idea but they were implemented poorly. WvW needs more to it then whats currently there.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

I would like the orbs back in game, but I would prefer them to be designed more creatively. For example, orbs could when positioned in an alter give your team a certain amount of PPT, but at the same time they apply a -50% health debuff to the gates and walls of said keep, perhaps while also creating a lightning storm that slowly destroys any siege equipment around the orb.

Make it so that every server wants the orbs, but recieves tactical disadvantages while holding them.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

in Suggestions

Posted by: graverr.6473

graverr.6473

Make it so that every server wants the orbs, but recieves tactical disadvantages while holding them.

Being focused by everyone just becasue they want it too is not tactical disadvantage enough ?

Mini Somales -Seven Instincts- [siN]

in Suggestions

Posted by: mrzero.2486

mrzero.2486

Blackgate Supports any return of the orbs.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

10% karma/gold/badges/xp/mf per orb. Everyone starts out the match with their own orb and the bonus from it.

~Shadowkat

in Suggestions

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

10% karma/gold/badges/xp/mf per orb. Everyone starts out the match with their own orb and the bonus from it.

yeah something like this. If the orb sits on the northern most alter then the home BL gets the bonus same as if it were in their keep. I disagree about the effects going outside of WvW though. Even with the nice new drop rates WvW players need some better MF% options because running that gear/food isn’t good for combat.

Tangent: Hi Shadowkat!!! hows the roaming duels going?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

not until they can stop them from being hacked, which Anet has made absolutely no attempt and/or progress on.

AR

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

DAoC had something like Orbs in their PvP battle grounds. You would take the keeps that held these and the entire realm would get the bonus from it. It encouraged players to play in the frontier and help get the keeps for the bonus’s. I think a system like that would work really well here if the bonus’s were right. GW2 WvW is setup a lot like DAoC’s and I really like it, so adding some more to it would be great.

Hjorje