Lets fix the Warrior hammer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

The hammer should be an offensive defensive weapon, it should bring on the hurt but its fault should be its hard to hit with it.

1 1: Hammer Swing
Bash your foe, causing weakness.
Damage: 333
Weakness: 2 s
Range: 180

1 2: Hammer Bash
Bash your foe again, causing more weakness.
Damage: 453
Weakness: 4 s

1 3: Hammer Smash
Smash the ground and damage nearby foes.
Damage: 694
Combo Finisher: Blast
Range: 250

2 Fierce Blow (Cooldown: 8s)
A high damage attack that leaves the foe vulnerable.
Damage: 786
Knockback: 180
(10) Vulnerability: 10 s

3 Earthshaker (Cooldown: 12s)
Jump to the target and slam your hammer down, damaging and stunning foes.
Damage: 424
Stun: 1 s
Radius: 240
Combo Finisher: Blast
Range: 900

4 Staggering Blow (Cooldown: 20s, 8s if miss.)
A very very high damage attack with a long channel time, has a shorter cool-down if it misses, the caster can move when he uses this.
Cast time: 1¼ (Very slow, to ensure its very dodge-able)
Damage: 2035

5 Backbreaker
(Exactly same as before, however it is much faster.)

Burst Enraging Roar! (Shout)
Force all targets in the area to target you, gain 1s of protection and quickness each time you are hit! (This gives it counter-play)
Level 1: Enraging Roar! Lasts 1 second.
Level 2: Enraging Roar! Lasts 2 seconds.
Level 3: Enraging Roar! Lasts 3 seconds.
Range: 1,200.

Audio
Asura: [Evil Genius Laugh.] (I don’t know what else! :<)
Charr: Blood! Burn! Kill!
Human: Die!
Sylvari: Insane Laughing.
Norn: [Just Roars like a bear!]

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Suggestions

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

What is wrong with the hammer?

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Suggestions

Daecollo.9578

What is wrong with the hammer?

A very good question!

It isn’t flavorable, its slow. The offhand mace and great sword does everything better then it does. The shield does everything better it does. Its mostly only good for zerging in wvwvw and nothing else because its so easy to avoid, however the damage it does does not add up to how easy it is to evade.

It has no mobility. It has insane vulnerability to blind. It makes you a big target with no protection and no escapes.

Lots of things wrong.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

so you saying offhand mace’s one control skill and shield’s one control skill is better then hammer which has 4 control skills. also i have no idea how can you compare hammer with gs, its like comparing shield with axe

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in Suggestions

Daecollo.9578

so you saying offhand mace’s one control skill and shield’s one control skill is better then hammer which has 4 control skills. also i have no idea how can you compare hammer with gs, its like comparing shield with axe

Yeah, the mace’s offhand can pierce and hit an infinite amount of targets, casts a lot faster and has a wider arc and has more then 5 times the range, it also hits twice in melee range, it also has x2 less of a cast time and recovery time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

True, again 1 target the mace is better. But as soon as you go against 2 or more targets hammer is better.

In WvW hammer is the weapon I use the most in all fights, solo/group/raid/zerg and blob. It is an awesome weapon and yea you can dodge it a few times, but than it starts to hit and you are kittened.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Suggestions

Daecollo.9578

True, again 1 target the mace is better. But as soon as you go against 2 or more targets hammer is better.

In WvW hammer is the weapon I use the most in all fights, solo/group/raid/zerg and blob. It is an awesome weapon and yea you can dodge it a few times, but than it starts to hit and you are kittened.

The mace’s 5 can hit an infinite amount of targets, its a piercing attack. Since its also slow you can dodge out of it and still get hit by its after-attack.

I thought it would be cool if the burst attack for hammer was a taunt.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Pretty awful. It’s just way to much across the board.

First of all, there’s certainly no need to increase the range of the all the melee skills to 180. That’s a lot over other melee abilities and will never happen.

Skill 1. I agree that hammer one could use some more flavor, but it’s dps is already as strong as greatsword’s auto attack. Maybe the third hit could use a weak effect just so it isn’t boring but the chain isn’t too bad in terms of damage/sec.
Your suggestions also also weakness to be build up far to easily with just autoattcking.

2. I agree fierce blow could use a damage boost since it hits like an auto, but that’s about it. The weakness is a decent source of damage mitigation. Changing it to a sustainable 10 stacks of vulnerability + knock back is just far too spammable of a control skill. A fews stacks of vulnerability to supplement what it already does wouldn’t be too much though.

3.Having earthshaker as a weapon skill on 12sec cd is also far too much. A high damage aoe stun skill as a normal attack?

4. Absolutely not. That’s twice as strong as eviscerate, practically a one hit kill. Less cd if you fail to use a skill right is just bad and takes out a large chunk of the risk of using a strong skill making it too forgiving.
Then there’s the activation. Other extremely hard hitting aoes have very high cast times, and none of them let you move. 1.25sec isn’t. It would have to be at least 2seconds with an obvious animation and keep the self root. (Compare to hundred blades, which has the same damage as your suggestions, but takes 3.5sec, and also roots)

All staggering blow needs in its current form to be decent is to remove the self root. and maybe a small increase to range or knock-back or damage.

5. Okay. Overall it’s already a good skill, a decrease to .75 activation wouldn’t be too bad.

burst: That burst skill idea wouldn’t really work out to program for pvp and seems like it could be really op in pvp if it did work (go into a group and use it with endure pain).

And lastly, mace 5 doesn’t hit an infinite amount of targets, piercing attacks are still subject to the aoe cap.

in Suggestions

Daecollo.9578

@Navzar
Your right about most of it, I reduced the damage of Earthshaker by 50%. Sorry I was watching Madoka when I made that list so the power of some attacks are a bit much.

However with its slowness and its vulnerability to blinds, the attacks should cause good damage, your hitting someone with a great-hammer with strength.

Yes, I gave that attack the same damage as hundred blades. However its weakness is it has a slow animation. If anything gets hit by that it deserves the damage. It also has a longer CD.

Yes, it could be powerful with that combination, however that means that the protection part of it would be meaningless, wouldn’t it be better to reserve Endure pain for when your not having protection? Also the players can choose not to attack you, they will know you have the buff up if they are forced to target you. If anyone still attacks you they deserve to help the warrior. Skill vs Zerg.

This game needs far more “Zerg Punishing,” attacks.

You have to also take into account things like “Blind.” which would make that huge attack miss. There is plenty of counter play to all that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

-snip-

Yay, there are reasonable Warriors on the board!

Those changes in the OP are basically a supercharge to the range and damage of all its attacks, which isn’t necessary at all.

If any changes need to be made to Hammer, it’d probably be just an additional effect on the 3rd part of the auto chain (or just a blast finisher…if that were added, no other changes are needed) and some flavor buffs like perhaps making Hammer Shock a 2-hit attack at close range (Mace does it) and a slight damage buff to fierce blow (or perhaps lower the cooldown a bit so it’s basically a part of your auto-chain).

in Suggestions

Navzar.2938

I wasn’t really sure how the burst idea was working. That’s why I said endure pain, I thought you meant for it to force them to only attack the user, rather than just switching target (in which case, it seems kind of pointless for real pvp?)

As for the staggering blow, 1.25sec isn’t really slow enough to justify the full strength of 100b in one hit. It’s not like churning earth, 100b, or kill shot with extremely obvious animation and multiple seconds to dodge. It’s only slightly slower than other hammer attacks and can easily be mixed in with some ccs or maybe quickness so the enemy would see it as a normal attack. 100b is also doing DoT damage, so it’s more of a flag to move out even if you start getting hit.

The fact that you want to remove the root on a big hit skill is also a huge factor, and would make it one of its kind in regards to heavy hitters. That’s why I said 2sec, very obvious, and just short enough to use with one kd.

As for something like blind, you have to remember that while it is common on some classes, it’s very scarce on many. Besides, you can remove blind mid skill using shake it off, unless they stack conditions.

The 8 sec on miss cd I didn’t like because it’s forgiving and I generally hate “aww you messed up, so I’ll make it easier on you” mechanics, and because hammer has many ccs, so that’d give too many good easy opportunities to hit with it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

I would like to see the 3th movement of the nº1 auto attack to inflict blinds. It would help in the heat of the battle, that is were the warrior usualy is. The rest of the skills should have a decrease in casting time, or make them less obvious to others players.

in Suggestions

Daecollo.9578

My idea was to just throw a bunch of overpowered interesting ideas into the fold.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

I think the Hammer is pretty much fine as it is. A few suggestions though

Chain: The 3rd attack should be a 30-50% chance at Blast Finisher. I don’t expect it to be 100% like the Elementalist’s Lightning Hammer for 2 reasons.

1: The Ele is alot squishier that close in melee and loses alot of it’s survivability skills to use said Hammer. 2: Lightning Hammer is temporary, yes there’s 2 and you can use those 2 to keep it up permanently but you’re missing out on 20 skills when you use it. Possibly add 1 stack of Vulnerability for 6 seconds for the first 2 hits in the chain

2: Fierce Blow and Backbreaker should do a little more damage, from my experience they hit about the same as the 3rd auto-attack hit

and 3: Staggering Blow should have a faster cast time or allow us to move while using it

Even if these changes aren’t implemented it’s still a great weapon

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Suggestions

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I think the Hammer is great once you learn its strengths and weakness and play accordingly. All the it really needs to make it perfect is

1. Add and effect to the auto chain or even just a % chance of adding an effect.

2. Not root staggering blow

3. Fix Earth shaker missing on uneven ground

4. a slight decrease in casting time on all skills. (although it still isn’t as bad and the guardians hammer)

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Suggestions

Daecollo.9578

I play a thief and a warrior and a necromancer, Hammer warriors are a joke to fight.

Blind…

in Suggestions

Julie Yann.5379

I play a thief and a warrior and a necromancer, Hammer warriors are a joke to fight.

Blind…

Blind affects pretty much any attack regardless of the weapon used , don’t see why it is any different for the hammer. I learned when to expect the blind so I don’t waste my skills and my hammer build has lots of condition removal. I don’t play PvP much so I can’t speak for it there. I’m mainly WvW and I crushed many a thief with my Hammer 1v1 on the battlegrounds. It’s not and easy weapon to wield but once you learn your enemy and not waste your good attacks it’s a very good killing tool.

in Suggestions

Daecollo.9578

Blind…

Blind affects pretty much any attack regardless of the weapon used , don’t see why it is any different for the hammer. I learned when to expect the blind so I don’t waste my skills and my hammer build has lots of condition removal. I don’t play PvP much so I can’t speak for it there. I’m mainly WvW and I crushed many a thief with my Hammer 1v1 on the battlegrounds. It’s not and easy weapon to wield but once you learn your enemy and not waste your good attacks it’s a very good killing tool.

Because of the following.
- Slow and choreographed attacks.
- Low damage.
- Slow
- Slow
- Bad Recovery
- Animated beautifully.

in Suggestions

Navzar.2938

From my experience in hammer pvp, the dps isn’t too bad, but most of it’s use comes from the fact that is has strong control skills. It seems pretty solid in 1v1, and it’s useful for swapping into a burst like eviscerate or short stun locking.

in Suggestions

Julie Yann.5379

Blind…

- Low damage.
- Slow
- Slow
- Bad Recovery
- Animated beautifully.

Yet still fast enough for me to beat thieves and necros into the ground. The only ones I have a tough time with are certain mesmer, engineer, ranger builds and the bunker guardian. The CD on skills when traited is actually pretty good. And yes it is beautifully animated. There isn’t much you can improve on it before it becomes OP.

in Suggestions

Daecollo.9578

Blind…

- Low damage.
- Slow
- Slow
- Bad Recovery
- Animated beautifully.

Yet still fast enough for me to beat thieves and necros into the ground. The only ones I have a tough time with are certain mesmer, engineer, ranger builds and the bunker guardian. The CD on skills when traited is actually pretty good. And yes it is beautifully animated. There isn’t much you can improve on it before it becomes OP.

You must be fighting horrible thieves/necromancers then.

in Suggestions

Navzar.2938

Or he runs condition removal on his hammer.

in Suggestions

Julie Yann.5379

Or maybe I’ve learned how to counter those classes in my 1400+ hours as a warrior. Have you thought that maybe warrior is not for you? All of your threads are about how everything about the warrior sucks with ridiculously OP suggestions on how to improve it. I’m not saying that the warrior class is perfect, we definitely need some love from the devs and the hammer could use some tweaks. It might not be the greatest in all areas of the game but it is not UP or useless. I can be very situational but we have plenty of other weapons to compliment it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Blind…

- Low damage.
- Slow
- Slow
- Bad Recovery
- Animated beautifully.

This is one problem I have with the Warriors on this board…apparently if they are capable of accomplishing anything with the profession, then it’s because the opponent is bad.

It’s all a ploy to make the class seem like such trash that it deserves 1-shot Eviscerate moves on a high-CC weapon or supercharged regen or 5k heals from spamming 2 moves while still critting for over 2k with auto-attacks alone.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

Blind…

- Low damage.
- Slow
- Slow
- Bad Recovery
- Animated beautifully.

This is one problem I have with the Warriors on this board…apparently if they are capable of accomplishing anything with the profession, then it’s because the opponent is bad.

It’s all a ploy to make the class seem like such trash that it deserves 1-shot Eviscerate moves on a high-CC weapon or supercharged regen or 5k heals from spamming 2 moves while still critting for over 2k with auto-attacks alone.

So much this.
And of course everythings bad except for greatsword. Greatsword is a godsent weapon of destruction which is cappable of destroying Tyria in a single sweep.

Edit:
One has to say. Mesmer players aren’t any better. Like mesmers constant denial of condition builds, and how bad they are… they aren’t.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RamataKahn.4283

RamataKahn.4283

All of your threads are about how everything about the warrior sucks with ridiculously OP suggestions on how to improve it.

Lol, glad I’m not the only one seeing this from that guy.

in Suggestions

Daecollo.9578

My idea was to just throw a bunch of overpowered interesting ideas into the fold.

That is what I said ^.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jonwar.9205

Jonwar.9205

Daecollo’s posts are always ridiculous. Yes, the warrior needs buffs. No, it does not need a one button insta-death of doom skill.

Hurr Durr Blades – PvP Warrior
Jangeol – WvW Warrior

in Suggestions

Daecollo.9578

Daecollo’s posts are always ridiculous. Yes, the warrior needs buffs. No, it does not need a one button insta-death of doom skill.

When you make new ideas you have to over-do them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Samulus.3025

Samulus.3025

As a warrior who uses hammer in every aspect of the game (PvE, WvW, and PvP, all with varying success, I just like the style), I please request that Arenanet not take Daecollo’s post about the warrior hammer seriously, along with the other 5 posts he makes daily about things that don’t need fixing.

Please, hammer is fine, l2p.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way. – Mark Twain

in Suggestions

Navzar.2938

When you make new ideas you have to over-do them.

No, you really don’t. Doing that just means you’ll be ignored or disagreed with. Either way, the suggestions won’t be taken seriously.

in Suggestions

Posted by: McFribble.2349

McFribble.2349

I was under the impression Hammer build was one of the only real viable Warrior builds there is.

Guess I was wrong. I personally don’t like hammers, which is why I stick to Greatsword. But I never really saw the Hammer in any need for a change. But again, I don’t play it, so it could just be ignorance on my part.

in Suggestions

Posted by: AlBundy.7851

AlBundy.7851

Guess I was wrong. I personally don’t like hammers, which is why I stick to Greatsword. But I never really saw the Hammer in any need for a change. But again, I don’t play it, so it could just be ignorance on my part.

mind blown

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blackjack.2083

Blackjack.2083

I use Hammer/GS in WvW most of the time these days. Though I have used just about every weapon combo with varying degrees of success. For the most part I don’t have too many criticisms of Hammer other then it is a bit slow and a little too telegraphed. However, if I could change just one thing about Hammer, and truthfully every warrior weapon, it would be to add some type of mobility to it. I’d love to see a whirlwind type attack added to hammer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Hammer just need a little faster abilities. Because, you know, it’s hard NOT to dodge something like Backbreaker, and dancing with “i must begin to cast it, cancel and cast it again, if i do it without canceling – i screwed” – seems little stupid. Also, fix tooltip to Backbreaker (or make it real 2sec knockdown, it’s single-target ability with looooong 30sec cd after all).
But I won’t mind if hammer will be improved a little. Like adding something to 3rd auto swing and/or making Staggering Blow usable while moving.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

Hammer is 90% fine.

Learning to sheath hammer skills you know will miss before they go off is something all Hammer Warriors NEED to learn to do.

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Hammer is 90% fine.

Learning to sheath hammer skills you know will miss before they go off is something all Hammer Warriors NEED to learn to do.

If you have to learn to use something contrary to logic “here is your weapon, here is your weapon’s abilities, push the button and get a result,” it usually means flaws in the design of the weapon. I do not see in the description of the hammer phrase “this weapon is so slow that you have to learn to cancel his attack and then use it again”.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Suggestions

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Agree with diffused sentiment here: Hammer is fine.
Don’t touch things which are not broken.

Ofc, it’s a CC weapon so you’re not going to get out incredible DPS out of it. Which means you’ll see it as manly PvP weapon.
But it’s fine this way.

Hammer could use few tweaks here in there, manly to skill n°2 and 3rd attack, or faster/on movement casting of 4°/5° skills, but that’s it.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

Hammer is 90% fine.

If you have to learn to use something contrary to logic “here is your weapon, here is your weapon’s abilities, push the button and get a result,” it usually means flaws in the design of the weapon. I do not see in the description of the hammer phrase “this weapon is so slow that you have to learn to cancel his attack and then use it again”.

What you say is true, but this is a game, and to get the most out of it you have to do what you have to do.

If only it was Real life, then we wouldn’t have CD’s on abilities.

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

in Suggestions

Posted by: CorliCorso.6254

CorliCorso.6254

I use Hammer/GS in WvW most of the time these days. Though I have used just about every weapon combo with varying degrees of success. For the most part I don’t have too many criticisms of Hammer other then it is a bit slow and a little too telegraphed. However, if I could change just one thing about Hammer, and truthfully every warrior weapon, it would be to add some type of mobility to it. I’d love to see a whirlwind type attack added to hammer.

I’d recommend switching to sword/warhorn for your second set, as it helps with your issues. Sword 2 for its leap when you need it, sword 3 immobilizes if you use Leg Specialist. Warhorn 4 gives you near perma-swiftness… warhorn 5 is brilliant in fights because Vigour gives you more dodges and Weakness gives your enemy less, plus it’s a blast finisher.

I know what you mean about telegraphing, but if you’re in a 1-on-1 just start the fight with S/WH. Get them to use up their dodges, Weakness them, switch to your hammer and telegraphing doesn’t matter any more, start smacking them around like a cricket ball.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Callahan.3180

Callahan.3180

The mace’s 5 can hit an infinite amount of targets, its a piercing attack. Since its also slow you can dodge out of it and still get hit by its after-attack.

I thought it would be cool if the burst attack for hammer was a taunt.

You’re wrong about the infinite part. EAch Hard AOE hits a max of 5 targets. This goes for ES too. Test it yourself.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Callahan.3180

Callahan.3180

I’d recommend switching to sword/warhorn for your second set, as it helps with your issues. Sword 2 for its leap when you need it, sword 3 immobilizes if you use Leg Specialist. Warhorn 4 gives you near perma-swiftness… warhorn 5 is brilliant in fights because Vigour gives you more dodges and Weakness gives your enemy less, plus it’s a blast finisher.

I know what you mean about telegraphing, but if you’re in a 1-on-1 just start the fight with S/WH. Get them to use up their dodges, Weakness them, switch to your hammer and telegraphing doesn’t matter any more, start smacking them around like a cricket ball.

Actually warhorn isn’t a good one to use either. Use a shield. Shield bash is the bread and butter for chaining anything, haven’t you all realized that yet? The 1 second stun can be increased to atleast 1.15 second stun. I put 2 superior sigils of paralyzation on my sword and shield, i’m not sure entirely if they stack (1.30 sec stun?), but i just have it there because i don’t need a different one. I put sigil of intelligence on my hammer. Chain goes like so:
1 hit auto attack for 1 chain, or 3 attacks. this gives you 3 bars of adren. By then, if you have the trait which gives you 5 adren on weapon swap, you’ll have nearly 1 bar of adren on weapon swap. 2 more attacks from sword/board weapon set and you can get a free Earthsharker (5+5=10).
So carrying on, 1-1-1. 4. 3. `(swap) 5. 4. CAPSLOCK. 2. 3. By then all your hammer skills will be on CD, swap to your shield and Savage leap at them to close distance because they’ll be running by then. hit them a few more times and remember the sigil of intelligence on hammer gives free crit for 1st attack when you swap to it. Your next chain should involve either Earthshaker (10 second cool down is very low) or Hammer’s 4 ability if you are traited to have it on CD for 16. those 2 have the next highest base damage, right behind backbreaker which has highest base damage.

As soon as you hit crippling slash for sword, you have very little time to weapon swap and hit backbreak to fill in the stun period, or they’ll dodge it as soon as they’re unstunned. Yes this combo is essentially butter now. If they have stun breaks simply save your hammer 4 and 2.3. you can use ES because it’s so easy to gain back 1 bar of adren. Keep in mind ES does the same amt of damage at all adren levels.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CorliCorso.6254

CorliCorso.6254

Actually warhorn isn’t a good one to use either.

I’m afraid that’s something I’ll never agree with. Best thing a warrior has for group play.

in Suggestions

Posted by: FrozenFOXX.2350

FrozenFOXX.2350

Reading through a lot of these sorts of threads (on all profession forums, but I main a warrior so I read that the most) and I can’t help but feel I must be doing something wrong. I use a GS/H combo now in WvW and PvE and I absolutely dominate the hell out of people. Switch to the H, use the F1 ability to knock a buncha people down, use the 4 ability to knock a buncha people back, switch to the GS, use 3 to get out of the way, pick someone on the edge, use the 5 to catch ’im, use 2 to finish him, switch back to the Hammer and repeat with the new cluster.

I mean admittedly there may be some sort of issue with it that I’m not seeing but those two abilities ALONE on the Hammer make roasting people in groups much easier for me. I don’t use the other abilities much but that’s only because my GS abilities are out of cooldown by then and I’m typically focusing on the stragglers at that point.

But I dunno, I’m probably doing it wrong and shouldn’t be killing nearly as many players.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Ran short on time so I didn’t read all the posts but if anyone has played Tera Online, I wouldn’t mind some similar functionality like the Berserker Class and their attacks.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

in Suggestions

Posted by: AlBundy.7851

AlBundy.7851

I don’t see how ppl can say the hammer is fine. The weakest I’ve ever felt playing the warrior was when I had a hammer. It has no defensive options and if the offensive cc gets negated by stability aegis or a dodge roll you’re sitting there with your junk in your hand.

Not only is it super slow and highly telegraphed there is no boons on it or linked to it through traits. It’s gap closer is terribly short. It’s mediocre when coupled with sw/wh and a lil better paired with gs. The knockback roots you in place and is embarrasingly short. Hell the knockback would fit the longbow better than the stupid hammer it’s totally redundant since you want to be in the players face not knocking them just out of melee.

The only time I’ve ever been effective with the hammer was running a glass setup with it in wvw during the 100b days 8 months ago.

To make the hammer fine with minimal effort they would need to halve the cooldowns on it but guess what the only aoe cc you have is earthshaker and that’s tied to the horrible adrenaline system we have huzzah!!!

in Suggestions

Daecollo.9578

I don’t see how ppl can say the hammer is fine. The weakest I’ve ever felt playing the warrior was when I had a hammer. It has no defensive options and if the offensive cc gets negated by stability aegis or a dodge roll you’re sitting there with your junk in your hand.

Not only is it super slow and highly telegraphed there is no boons on it or linked to it through traits. It’s gap closer is terribly short. It’s mediocre when coupled with sw/wh and a lil better paired with gs. The knockback roots you in place and is embarrasingly short. Hell the knockback would fit the longbow better than the stupid hammer it’s totally redundant since you want to be in the players face not knocking them just out of melee.

The only time I’ve ever been effective with the hammer was running a glass setup with it in wvw during the 100b days 8 months ago.

To make the hammer fine with minimal effort they would need to halve the cooldowns on it but guess what the only aoe cc you have is earthshaker and that’s tied to the horrible adrenaline system we have huzzah!!!

This man /actually/ played a hammer warrior!

in Suggestions

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

I don’t mind the hammer being slow but I would expect it to hit really hard. Knockdown, cripple, immobilize, stun, daze, and vulnerability should be the options with it. The burst ability should be a really hard hitter.

It can rock some face when you bull’s charge + frenzy and drop all the abilities and end with an Earth Shaker.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

(edited by ArtemisEntreri.4138)

in Suggestions

Julie Yann.5379

I get that the Hammer needs tweaks, but it isn’t horrible. It’s definitely a different style of play and it is more difficult to be effective with than our other weapons and leaves little margin for error but it hits like a kittening truck. It’s a defensive/offensive weapon, you don’t lead into the fight with it. You start with you other set, get your foe to use up his dodges and other defensive skills then you punish him with the hammer by locking him down and pounding him into the ground.

in Suggestions

Daecollo.9578

I get that the Hammer needs tweaks, but it isn’t horrible. It’s definitely a different style of play and it is more difficult to be effective with than our other weapons and leaves little margin for error but it hits like a kittening truck. It’s a defensive/offensive weapon, you don’t lead into the fight with it. You start with you other set, get your foe to use up his dodges and other defensive skills then you punish him with the hammer by locking him down and pounding him into the ground.

I would like an ability that lets you hold down the hammer key to increase your damage, taking away your health or endurance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81smz5tdQ5M