Lets lock heavy class.

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

Lets have some kind of event that prevents people from using heavy classes, warrior and guardian. Like some wizard put a mass sleep spell on all of them or something. Just for a week or so.
That way people will be forced to take other classes into dungeons and fractals.
And maybe, JUST MAYBE, by the end of that week everyone will see that you dont need to make your group entirely out of heavies (and the stray mesmer) to complete dungeons and fractals.

A more realistic approach would be Class Promotion week where the entire group will get a bonus for having that class in the group.

Tho I would prefer just locking the heavies for a week. =þ

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

Yeah Thanks, then I can’t play my main character for a week just because some elitist idiots only take heavies into dungeons.

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Uberkafros.5431

Uberkafros.5431

Guardian LF 3 zerk warriors,1 zerk mez CoF p1 pro farm 2hour+.Gear check pm .

Love your friendly neighbourhood “eficient” non-elitist dungeon runner.

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

I don’t know anyone that is under the impression you need only heavies (plus a random mesmer) to complete dungeons and fractals. We’re just all aware of their superiority is all. A lot of people on this forum seem to be mixing up these two ideas.

I see a lot of arguing that goes like this:
1) You don’t need heavies.
2) Yea well heavies are better.
3) Repeat 1 & 2 until moderator locks thread.

1 & 2 are not mutually exclusive statements. You have an issue with heavies being better? Okay fine. But it’s not the player base’s fault, and the only thing you can do is wait for balance/play another game. GW2 is, or at least was supposed to be, designed as play what they want. If you don’t like heavies, don’t play with em. Simple as that. There’s enough of the same minded people for you (if this forum is any measure).

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Let’s punish people for playing a certain class!

Yeah… no.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Can’t tell if you’re kidding around, because locking HA classes for a week just cos’ you can’t form your own group for fractals is pretty stupid.

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

I recommend you try joining a guild and run dungeons with them.

My main is a Ranger and I can run dungeons anytime I like. I just run them with my guild mates. If I for some reason decide to run with a PUG group then yeah, I usually just run my Guardian. Sadly it’s just how things are and it’s probably not going to change anytime soon.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

They could just add specialty mobs to dungeons, designed to be a counter to specific combinations. For example, add heavily armored mobs, giving an incentive to stack conditions, or a mob that has its stats based off of the party, such as basing its health and armor off of everyone.

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeus CM.1692

Zeus CM.1692

The problem is that current dungeon design promotes High DPS only, and blocking the damage (guardian). Imo, vitality and toughness stats are too weak.
Difference between glass-cannon and toughness/vitality character is that you will survive 1-2 hits more from boss while having 0 dps.

They need to increase damage reduction per armor
Increase skill damage scaling per power, while reducing crit damage.

Croatian Guild & GW portal:
http://www.croatian-maniacs.com

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

how about balancing professions instead of ruining fun of even more people?

Well a couple of builds really need a strong nerf not because other classes are UP, but because most posters complaining about the lack of challenge, just use them…

But locking or going against some profession is a really awful idea.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Yeah because zerkers are the only efficient guys.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

GuardianOMS.8067

Duh.

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

The only benefit of heavies is a mere 200-300 toughness over medium (?)

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

knives.6345

Duh.

not sure if you get the sarcasm or took it literally word per word. lol

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tumbero.3945

Tumbero.3945

Ur pve level is so sad.

SBI Firstborn.
(LX) Legion

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: dadamowsky.4692

dadamowsky.4692

The problem is that current dungeon design promotes High DPS only, and blocking the damage (guardian). Imo, vitality and toughness stats are too weak.

On the contrary, vitality and toughness might be a little bit stronger, but it’s nothing wrong with them. It’s just pugs becoming a one trick pony – stack as much damage as you can and hope to kill mob faster than it kills you. The reason is very simple – a funny cost of repairs and lack of any death penalty, which promotes glass cannons fest. And while I enjoy dungeons (didn’t do any fotm yet though) in general, I admit that mechanics are not very demanding in a matter of cooperation – go, skip trash, evade and do the rotation.

However there’s one more problem with pugs that you made me realise. Exaggerations.

Difference between glass-cannon and toughness/vitality character is that you will survive 1-2 hits more from boss while having 0 dps.

While I know that you didn’t mean it literally, many of one-trick-poniests take it too seriously. And perceive the damage as the sole source of contribution to the group. This exaggeration leads to /inspect demand, strip anyone who is not heavy zerk a chance to run with pugs, brings kitten elitists to the field and so on. Having a guild helps a lot with having fun in GW2, and for now I recommend everyone to join one, but it would be nice to have pugs cleansed of this poison as well.

In short: more painfull death in dungeons (higher costs and/or limited use) and more mechanic solutions to counter the cookie-cutters groups.

EDIT: Since ANet came up wtih dynamic events why not use this idea to deal with the problem? Foes changing their abilities with consideration of the pug classes? Having a lot of zerks? Let mobs have a tons of AoE. Heavies? A massive condition/daze strikes with a necro-like epidemic skills. Ranged? Oh I smell a reflection wall in the air. And why not give the reviving healer a contribution to all the damage that revived person did? Taging the mobs around and giving exp and loot for them as well.

I have no idea is it possible/easy to implement but I’d welcome such change.

(edited by dadamowsky.4692)

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

Just to clear this up, the “Lock the heavys” part is a joke to make a point.
The second part about having a class promotion week is half legit.

Anet has shown they don’t know how to balance, so expecting that to happen is a pipe dream, but they LOVE temp content. So a week long event that encourages people to play with classes they normally don’t is 100x more likely to happen. Even if its just as dumb as locking out classes from being played.

There is a clear bias for heavy classes and something needs to be done about it. Yah, we all know it already, but just waiting around hoping they will change doesnt do any thing. making topics about it, even if theres already been hundreds of other topics saying the same thing shows that the player base still wants a change to happen and that we haven’t just accepted it “being the way it is”.

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

knives.6345

On the contrary, vitality and toughness might be a little bit stronger, but it’s nothing wrong with them. It’s just pugs becoming a one trick pony – stack as much damage as you can and hope to kill mob faster than it kills you. The reason is very simple – a funny cost of repairs and lack of any death penalty, which promotes glass cannons fest. And while I enjoy dungeons (didn’t do any fotm yet though) in general, I admit that mechanics are not very demanding in a matter of cooperation – go, skip trash, evade and do the rotation.

However there’s one more problem with pugs that you made me realise. Exaggerations.

While I know that you didn’t mean it literally, many of one-trick-poniests take it too seriously. And perceive the damage as the sole source of contribution to the group. This exaggeration leads to /inspect demand, strip anyone who is not heavy zerk a chance to run with pugs, brings kitten elitists to the field and so on. Having a guild helps a lot with having fun in GW2, and for now I recommend everyone to join one, but it would be nice to have pugs cleansed of this poison as well.

In short: more painfull death in dungeons (higher costs and/or limited use) and more mechanic solutions to counter the cookie-cutters groups.

As much as I enjoy 6-10mins cof runs, I agree. Dungeon mechanics now is like a mess.

Skipping should be prohibited – I mean, like you can’t kill the next boss until you finish the event before it.

I admit, I am very very happy when they implemented the new warp system – that you can’t use WP if a party member is on combat. I thought it will stop all those dungeon rushes – but no, it is not enough. ANet needs to figure out new dungeon mechanics IMO.

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

GuardianOMS.8067

Duh.

not sure if you get the sarcasm or took the word literally. lol

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

knives.6345

Duh.

not sure if “I see what you did there” or “just saving skin”.

lol

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

GuardianOMS.8067

Duh.

lol

I don’t have a comeback for that one. Of course I was sarcastic, just like my first post in this thread.

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

knives.6345

Duh.

lol

I don’t have a comeback for that one. Of course I was sarcastic, just like my first post in this thread.

lol. I’m jk…

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

GuardianOMS.8067

Duh.

lol

lol. I’m jk…

YOU’RE jk!

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

knives.6345

Duh.

lol

lol. I’m jk…

YOU’RE jk!

Yes, I’m jk. omg here we go again.

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

As much as I enjoy 6-10mins cof runs, I agree. Dungeon mechanics now is like a mess.

Skipping should be prohibited – I mean, like you can’t kill the next boss until you finish the event before it.

I admit, I am very very happy when they implemented the new warp system – that you can’t use WP if a party member is on combat. I thought it will stop all those dungeon rushes – but no, it is not enough. ANet needs to figure out new dungeon mechanics IMO.

“Fixing” skipping (lol, everyone does that in every single mmo out there, i really don’t think this is going to change) won’t solve the problem at all.
Lets talk CoE, say you can’t skip the first Wolf boss fight anymore, what do you do? Kill it! After all it is just one more boss to dodge roll and smash your keyboard around in zerk gear (note that you can also dodge roll and smash your keyboard around with other builds, but hey, i have to make zerk sounds bad!).

I partially like the idea of dungeons bosses having a set of habilities that changes with the team comp. I say partially because… aoe ins’t the way to go, see alpha fights, you’re being aoe’d all the fight, yet you can dodge roll anything that matters.

And to finish this very long post after barely waking up… imo toughness and vitality are too weak because when any boss land anything on you they nuke your hp bar so godkitten hard, the gear you’re wearing doesn’t matter if you health go from 70% to 2%.
Bosses should attack faster and hit softer to help out defensive stats and screw a bit free mitigation (oh hai aegis).
Ah, i think vitality is stronger than toughness right now, extra HP actually saves my butt when i use my valkyrie gear every now and then.

Ps.: I play a Engineer and a Guardian, both with zerk gear most of the time.

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

GuardianOMS.8067

Duh.

lol

lol. I’m jk…

YOU’RE jk!

Now he’s YOUR God???

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Clloydio.3524

Clloydio.3524

I think they need to introduce a mechanic that lowers the damage of cleave attacks (or maybe all AoE) if friendly players are hit. For example, -10% damage for each ally caught by your attack. It’s less annoying than friendly fire but would hopefully solve all the blobbing problems (be they in WvW or on top of slave drivers) the game has.

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

knives.6345

Duh.

lol

lol. I’m jk…

YOU’RE jk!

Now he’s YOUR God???

O_O Atheist here but whaaaaaaaaat?

We’ll probably get suspended for spamming :|

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I just did FOTM 30 with a ranger, a guardian, a warrior, a mesmer, and an engineer. It went as smooth as butter and we finished in just under an hour with no wipes. The key is to find like minded, experienced players to level with. It’s really that simple. Don’t rely on LFG for a full party.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

(edited by Chopps.5047)

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

Lets have some kind of event that prevents people from using heavy classes, warrior and guardian. Like some wizard put a mass sleep spell on all of them or something. Just for a week or so.
That way people will be forced to take other classes into dungeons and fractals.
And maybe, JUST MAYBE, by the end of that week everyone will see that you dont need to make your group entirely out of heavies (and the stray mesmer) to complete dungeons and fractals.

A more realistic approach would be Class Promotion week where the entire group will get a bonus for having that class in the group.

Please make fotm 48 videos, fails would be hilarious and people will eventually find out how heavy classes are op and just reroll.

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

GuardianOMS.8067

Duh.

lol

lol. I’m jk…

YOU’RE jk!

Now he’s YOUR God???

No, you can’t be suspended for spamming, fyi. For someone who claiming to be joking you sure don’t seem to know when one is slapping you in the face.

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Krisztian.8405

Krisztian.8405

Yeah, instead of joining those groups, try forming your own. As a heavy user, whenever i see “Ping Gear,” i scroll past that ish because there is always an kitten in the group who rage quits at the slightest hiccup. It seems that everyone is looking for an heavy, but that’s because there aren’t enough posts for groups looking for any profession.

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

How about you join a guild and realize you can make partys Inside that guild that aren’t full heavy’s ? This is such a nonsense thead.Let’s lock you out of the forums for a week.

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

(EU) hit me up. i rarely run with guardians and warriors, normally necro’s, thiefs and engineer’s all great when played well, especially the thief and engi.

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

You already can play the content without heavy armor classes so no need to lock them out. The issue is that people know what group composition gets optimum results: 1 gaurdian, 3 warriors, 1 mesmer. It’s the GW2 trinity for the min/maxer crowd. People will notice what works and play it—there is no player base problem here. It’s really an issue around profession and combat design and that’s where the resolution lies.

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

knives.6345

Duh.

lol

lol. I’m jk…

YOU’RE jk!

Now he’s YOUR God???

No, you can’t be suspended for spamming, fyi. For someone who claiming to be joking you sure don’t seem to know when one is slapping you in the face.

I am naive, right?

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

Hahahaha because trimming a few seconds off each encounter increases your gold per hour dramatically.

One of my mains is a warrior and I personally would LOVE to see a lockout week (not that would ever happen but hey). Just because im fed up of ‘efficiency’ tards asking for gearchecks everytime. No i dont run full zerk. Why? Because I dont want to thats why. Im a noob then? Oh right yea because I use a toughness/vit build so i have as much up time as possible supporting the group with shouts… Just because i play a more intelligent game rather than zergy zerking… I am a noob. God help the gaming community.

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Razeor.6271

Razeor.6271

Hahahaha because trimming a few seconds off each encounter increases your gold per hour dramatically.

I don’t know why for some reasons the non-zerk “i play intelligently” crowd keep insisting that the difference is only seconds..

For cof its minutes that add up to hours because when people farm they just dont two three runs and be done with it. Other dungeons/fractals, the difference ranges from 30 minutes to easily 2 hours.

(edited by Razeor.6271)

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I almost never play with heavies. They just aren’t as common as you might think.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Yeah Thanks, then I can’t play my main character for a week just because some elitist idiots only take heavies into dungeons.

Because we all know THAT’s elitist right. The irony. sigh.

They definitely need to do something that’s for sure because class imbalance is still present. I agree OP.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

Because we all know THAT’s elitist right. The irony. sigh.

They definitely need to do something that’s for sure because class imbalance is still present. I agree OP.

Are you confused about what Justdeifyme posted? He plays a heavy class. He does not exclude non-heavy classes from his groups, but others do. He does not want to be punished for a behavior in which he does not participate.

So let’s review your reply:
“Because we all know THAT’s elitist right. The irony. sigh.”
Yes, it is elitist to exclude people based on one’s perception of their ability to contribute. No irony. /insertcondescendingsigh

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Enmity.3428

Enmity.3428

Form your own group, exclude the heavy armor classes, play with whatever group-composition you like, and let others do the same.

Your desire to “prevent” others from playing their class for a week is just petty and spiteful.

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I’m surprised they don’t faint from shock when they find anyone else running fractals at all.

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

What I really don’t understand is there isn’t some innate balancer for the low Health/armor classes, like superior offensive or even just better endurance regeneration.

I think some of it is related to the issue with how ranged attacks are inferior to melee attacks damage-wise, which was a change made across the board early toward release and was very misguided because some classes are much more dependent on maintaining range than others.

I’d actually be fine with that to an extent, but it isn’t balanced across professions. Instead of say, a ranged ele being equal to a melee warrior and a melee ele being superior, a melee ele is equal to a melee warrior and a ranged ele is inferior to both. That’s just … not right.

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Razeor.6271

What I really don’t understand is there isn’t some innate balancer for the low Health/armor classes, like superior offensive or even just better endurance regeneration.

I think some of it is related to the issue with how ranged attacks are inferior to melee attacks damage-wise, which was a change made across the board early toward release and was very misguided because some classes are much more dependent on maintaining range than others.

I’d actually be fine with that to an extent, but it isn’t balanced across professions. Instead of say, a ranged ele being equal to a melee warrior and a melee ele being superior, a melee ele is equal to a melee warrior and a ranged ele is inferior to both. That’s just … not right.

Ranging while strafing means you already barely take any attack at all, so health/armor are quite irrelevant. On the other hand, the guys who melee are already taking risks being up and in the mobs’ faces, now you’re saying the other guys plinking from a safe distance way behind should be rewarded more with damage?

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Ranging while strafing means you already barely take any attack at all, so health/armor are quite irrelevant. On the other hand, the guys who melee are already taking risks being up and in the mobs’ faces, now you’re saying the other guys plinking from a safe distance way behind should be rewarded more with damage?

Are you kidding? Do you really not understand simple logic? All classes can function at melee or at range (sans maybe Guardian), all do similar damage at a particular range, and all have roughly the same ability to avoid attacks/damage. The only significant difference is in health and armor, which is asymmetrical and leads to balance issues.

Why should an Elementalist, who has very poor attrition, do less damage at range than a Warrior, who has much greater survivability, can do in melee? Why should an Elementalist and a Warrior do equal damage in melee range even though there is much greater risk for the Ele than there is for the Warrior?

What I’m saying is that I’m fine with the notion of melee damage > than ranged damage, but the comparative values across professions need to be balanced around the profession’s attrition. Professions with very low survivability should do more damage at a given range than professions with high survivability (given a similar build of course). The Thief’s P/P should have higher base DPS than the Warrior’s Rifle, instead it’s the opposite. The Elementalist’s D/D should do more DPS than the Warrior’s Greatsword, etc. It’s all because of the risk vs. reward sentiment.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Razeor.6271

The Thief’s P/P should have higher base DPS than the Warrior’s Rifle, instead it’s the opposite. The Elementalist’s D/D should do more DPS than the Warrior’s Greatsword, etc. It’s all because of the risk vs. reward sentiment.

Then can warriors have stealth, spammable blinds, canstrips, chill too please?

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: InFluEnZa.6908

InFluEnZa.6908

I think it’s wrong to take heavies just because of survivability. While for most dungeons you can get away with well played light armored classes, I personally would prefer to do FoTM 48 with at least 2 guardians for their reflects, rings of warding, line of warding, etc. As for the post on gw2lfg asking for heavies, it’s probably because they have a lot of light armor in the party already. I’m not saying that higher fotm (48) cannot be done with all light, I am saying that having heavies like guardians will make the run a LOT smoother.

[DnT]Adi

Lets lock heavy class.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Boreale.3129

Boreale.3129

I honestly think people are missing the point of the OP’s point here, which wasn’t that hard to grasp anyway.