Lets make the game a bit more fun and a pain for the botters..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Andrasta Ethereal.8726

Andrasta Ethereal.8726

Just a thought, why not make a player that has been reported as a botter by a certain amount of different players ie 30-40 or so and then flag them red and let the legitimate players just PK em, the way I see it, they cant farm nor level if they’re dead, so no revenue for them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: The LZ.7891

The LZ.7891

And what if a group of players decide to gang up on unsuspecting
people ^^.

in Suggestions

Andrasta Ethereal.8726

thats the reason i said amount of different players, I doubt for example 100-200 people would gang up on a single character to have him/her flag red.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cancer.9065

Cancer.9065

What if 100 – 200 people decide to gang up on a single toon to have him / her flag red? a simple reddit post can take care of that

Its not that is a bad idea it simply that the potential for abuse is there.

Cancer is also a Zodiac sign.

in Suggestions

Andrasta Ethereal.8726

In all honesty, do you think that would happen? at the moment as you will agree, we the legit players are at the end of our tether with the botters and the naked congos screwing up the economy, anyone trying to get loot finding the drops are gone due to anet reducing the drops to prevent the bots farming, I know its not just an annoyance for me and players I know, but for all of us and something has to be done, some abuse of this if it was implemented may happen, but overall imho the botters themselves will be hit hard.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cinder.4865

Cinder.4865

Another day, another one of these threads. You’ll never see this because of the potential for abuse, plain and simple.

in Suggestions

Andrasta Ethereal.8726

Another day and bots are still running rampant, until this problem is addressed you will see many many more of these threads.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cinder.4865

Cinder.4865

And ANet has stated explicitly what they are doing to handle bots. Just recently they snagged a few thousand of them, and day in and day out they have people working on the issue.

I’m sorry, but it’s not as if ANet can snap their fingers and, suddenly, all bots are wiped from the game. It’s just not possible. You want to help ANet in coming up with a solution? Then bring a real suggestion to the board, rather than another rehash of “let us PK bots”.

in Suggestions

Andrasta Ethereal.8726

They snagged a few thousand?, big whoop, they were probably replaced with 3 times as much, I never asked anet to ‘snap their fingers’ and fart rainbows either, this was a viable solution, of which the community would have gladly helped, if you have any better ideas other than looking at the anet posts lovingly and accepting this, then I’m all ears..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

I thought about this the other day … but then what kind of things you can do to minimize abuse? Sure there is a small warning when you report someone that abuse of the feature could get yourself banned. But how does that stop 200+ people from reporting that person for the sole purpose of PK-ing them?

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

in Suggestions

Andrasta Ethereal.8726

Thats another thing to think about and make suggestions for, so for 200+ people reporting someone for the sake of pking them? can happen? yes, likely to happen? unlikely imho, if this was ever implemented there would be safeguards put in place to prevent abuse such as this and as I said before I’m all ears for suggestions too, but I believe to bury our heads and hope it all goes away is the wrong way to think, this is a touchy subject, and yes, we are ALL being effected by these vermin to use a better word and something has to be done.

in Suggestions

Posted by: arcqe.6734

arcqe.6734

how does it take for bots to start farming players

usually somewhere

in Suggestions

Posted by: mrsrachelm.7618

mrsrachelm.7618

I can easily see a large guild deciding that an x-member or rival guild needs to be taught a lesson or some such and getting them flagged as a botter. Newp, don’t like the idea at all. I like the desire behind it, which is to deal with the botters but that’s definitely not the way.