Lets talk Mounts

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sinifair.1026

Sinifair.1026

I have already spoken on this topic before under the title of “Travelling Alternatives”.
- I thought that it would be a good thing to take to the discussion page.

Personally I would like to see them implemented. Players seem to use the waypoints more than travelling. Understandable since walking takes too long for most.
It is a shame that it has to be this way, though, because the world is so beautifully crafted. I took the time off to walk around and seeing the sights, and it is stunning to look upon what the CG artists has made for this game.

A lot of content is out there in the game world, but many people are not even out there to experience it, because we do spend more time in the void between places than in the actual game world.

Now, I am not totally pro-mounts-in-GW2, but I want to see something being done to make the world a part of my game experience.
Another suggestion I have had to this is ships. Setting sail and leaving port is an amazing feeling.
- I loved that part of the game in WoW. Sailing was a minor thing, silly even, but when a game can make players want to “goof around” with its minor content, it has done the job well. As they say “It is the little things that matter” and some content that we take for granted can actually please us without us even knowing it, or that is my experience.

Any feedback is, as always, welcome.
- I’ll see you guys in game.

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

I would love to ride a moa into battle.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: GoZero.9708

GoZero.9708

Completely unnecessary. The world is already designed with on-foot travel in mind. If this was Lord of the Rings Online with no mounts I’d have a different opinion but instead of adding fluff like mounts, I’d much rather see actual content that’s worth something.

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

I would love to ride a moa into battle.

Blue Moa, Pink Moa, Red Moa, Yellow Moa, Green Moa, ect… then Drake, Devourer, Marmox, Minotaur, Spider, Mostiko, Icebrood, Asura Machine, Karka……………. So much possibilities! and they would make the game so much more rewarding, by collecting them.

No mounts in GW2.

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

No thanks, it’s already turning into an awful pageant show with glaring back pieces and glittery swords. We don’t need the worlds denizens to turn into some horrible mish mash of armor and crazy looking animals being rode around. Lets try to keep the world reasonable

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: ShinraGuardian.8053

ShinraGuardian.8053

You have a waypoint pretty much every 50 feet. Mounts would really do nothing that these cannot already do. If you want to ride a mount from LA to Cursed Shore, be my guest and take a half hour to do so, I’ll just click the waypoint and spend 3 silver (something you can kill a couple of monsters to get) to get there instantly.

They already said they aren’t going to put mounts in the game because they feel it takes away from players enjoying the world around them.

Dragonbrand
Elementalist
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Odin of Ark.4860

Odin of Ark.4860

How would the game be more rewarding with mounts? Its a bad idea, each map is small as it is no need to zip around even faster.

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Serrenitei.2601

Serrenitei.2601

I would love the idea of mounts in game. Not because of the speed boost, I could care less. I enjoy the aesthetic value of mounts. In WoW, I had like 50 I could pick from (granted, I only ever used 1-2 but you get the idea). I think mounts would add another collectible and something else to strive for in the game. I don’t think it needs to have any gameplay value to make it valuable in the game (if that makes sense).

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

GoZero.9708

I would love the idea of mounts in game. Not because of the speed boost, I could care less. I enjoy the aesthetic value of mounts. In WoW, I had like 50 I could pick from (granted, I only ever used 1-2 but you get the idea). I think mounts would add another collectible and something else to strive for in the game. I don’t think it needs to have any gameplay value to make it valuable in the game (if that makes sense).

Fashion Wars 2. We already have tons of end-game devoted to Legendaries. Having a super rainbow Moa in the mix would do nothing but look bad for somebody looking for an MMO with a good end-game.

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aerwyna.2541

Aerwyna.2541

Ehh, I am fine without mounts, but whatever. I like to keep the world reasonable, I mean I suppose you could do something like renting horses from stables or saving to buy a horse and once they implement housing, you can like keep your horse there or something. I mean in my opinion, I wouldnt want to see people riding on polar bears, moas, deer, etc. Just wouldnt fit with this game to me. :/ But its whatever really. They add them, then ok, they dont, and I am fine with that too lol

Renoria Blackheart loves her kitty Kronos. <3
Proud member of the Blackgate community.

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

I usually try my best to be as constructive as possible. However my response to this is:

Let’s not talk about mounts.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Keiran.1896

Having a super rainbow Moa in the mix would do nothing but look bad for somebody looking for an MMO with a good end-game.

Excuse me but until that 2013 biggy update comes, GW2 has still the worst end-game of MMOs. Mounts as he said, were awesome to collect in WoW and would be even more awesome in GW2.

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: leftharted.7102

leftharted.7102

ill bet once we get a good expansion, with a healthy chunk of new maps to explore, especially for Max lvl players, they’ll implement Mounts… I’d even bet their will be much less Waypoints in any new content….

plus, i would absolutley love to have a mount for my mesmer…. i cant stand running back after a wipeout in a dungeon….

if they do get added, i think they may not work in WvW…. it would be cool if they did, but utter chaos, because Everyone would be able to roam well… Too well..

$0.02

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Odin of Ark.4860

Odin of Ark.4860

Excuse me but until that 2013 biggy update comes, GW2 has still the worst end-game of MMOs.

Opinions are opinions.

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aerwyna.2541

Aerwyna.2541

Having a super rainbow Moa in the mix would do nothing but look bad for somebody looking for an MMO with a good end-game.

Excuse me but until that 2013 biggy update comes, GW2 has still the worst end-game of MMOs. Mounts as he said, were awesome to collect in WoW and would be even more awesome in GW2.

Maybe you could always go collect more in WoW.
(not being sarcastic, just suggesting since you enjoy it so much :P please dont flame me >.>)

Renoria Blackheart loves her kitty Kronos. <3
Proud member of the Blackgate community.

(edited by Aerwyna.2541)

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eli The Yahoo.9782

Eli The Yahoo.9782

So true you have a way point every few meters but then again – you don’t need to have 10 types of armor to each race, and 20 types of legendries and 5 races – we can all look the same and then go to sleep…

the key here is about allowing more personalization and uniqueness between each players and allowing players to express themselves…

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

GoZero.9708

Mounts as he said, were awesome to collect in WoW and would be even more awesome in GW2.

Except they would be entirely unnecessary. Rather than hoping that ANet introduces something that makes your ego look bigger by showing off your awesome mounts, I suggest you hope that they introduce more PvE, WvW and PvP content so that the end-game will focus more on the game part.

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Sinifair.1026

Completely unnecessary. The world is already designed with on-foot travel in mind. If this was Lord of the Rings Online with no mounts I’d have a different opinion but instead of adding fluff like mounts, I’d much rather see actual content that’s worth something.

I took that into account, and it is also the reason I am not fully pro-mount.
- But if you read my entire speech, I would like to see ships being used to actually sail. The Asurans have a very nice harbor, and it would be a shame to see it wasted.
I think that mounts are, as you say, unnecessary, and it was merely an idea to take into consideration (though I heard ANet say that IF they add them to the game, it would be as mounted combat, like a new skill bar as they did with underwater combat)

The ships, however, are already part of the world, and if we have to look upon Tyria as a living and breathing world, I think they should “breathe some life” into these ships.

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Keiran.1896

(not being sarcastic, just suggesting since you enjoy it so much :P please dont flame me >.>)

Old graphics. Repetitive dungeons. Raids, I hate raids. Boring quests, no DEs.

Collecting mounts and minis was the last enjoyable thing – not worth it alone. GW2 has a good core game – it lacks rewarding such things.

When you have played 1000+ hours and you still love the game, that’s the kind of things that you’re looking for

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Sinifair.1026

Except they would be entirely unnecessary. Rather than hoping that ANet introduces something that makes your ego look bigger by showing off your awesome mounts, I suggest you hope that they introduce more PvE, WvW and PvP content so that the end-game will focus more on the game part.

Actually, if you check the page, Colin Johanson has already spoken of their plans for 2013, where they hope to improve the PvE, WvW and PvP.
- Check it out, if you haven’t.

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Sinifair.1026

Actually, collecting mounts would be somewhat pointless. My thoughts on mounts were merely to get people out of the cities and into the world, instead of using waypoints and complaining about the prices of said waypoints.
- And it should be more like having Cultural Mounts, like with the cultural armors, so they don’t seem out of place.

- But what I would really like to see put into action are the ships in form of travel. Getting from Rata Sum to Lion’s Arch, as an example (Or LA to Orr).
- The ships is probably what they should be betting on, I’d say.
You never know how the feature will work until you’ve tried it out.

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Asum.4960

Asum.4960

…I could care less… (if that makes sense).

No.

I would rather like to see them lowering the teleport costs at higher levels, since all the PvE gold sinks really keep me away from enjoying that part of the game (Teleporting to an area – pay, die – pay, get up again – pay, guildie asks for help somewhere and you want to get to him – pay, need to go change traits to help him and come back – Pay, pay, pay.).

Besides that, i think there is absolutely no need for mounts in the game, and i don’t really understand why humans always want to mount some poor creatures to show off how awesome they are..

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sai.5908

Sai.5908

If they do add mounts sitting positions should be done right like sitting side saddle or astride . Also I’m fine either way , wether they add mounts or not .

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: bigtankstarsp.3581

bigtankstarsp.3581

Please dont add mounts… I hate mounts and mount collecting/collectors this isnt every other mmorpg out there and transportation is so easy in gw2 thx for not having mounts gw2!!

[JL] Tstar D Engineer
[JL] Oakland Raider
B L A C K G AT E

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rochambeau.4502

Rochambeau.4502

Agree. There’s already enough “fluff” content to last a lifetime: achievements, jumping puzzles, etc. Some nice real content is where they need to focus.

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

Nothing more advanced than the broom. If it flies off the ground or increases movement speed, it has no place here. I’m hoping the staff pranks everyone by giving a ‘mount’ that gives negative movement. Nothing says “F Off” like a slow-moving Gooeyduck.

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

Nothing more advanced than the broom. If it flies off the ground or increases movement speed, it has no place here. I’m hoping the staff pranks everyone by giving a ‘mount’ that gives negative movement. Nothing says “F Off” like a slow-moving Gooeyduck.

Negative movement speed as in past zero. Trying to move would slowly roll back your account.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

You ever been hit with Chill? It ‘slows’ default movement speed. It works in negatives.

Negative movement speed as in past zero. Trying to move would slowly roll back your account.

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Field Marshal.7946

Field Marshal.7946

First and foremost, please use the search feature so that every other day, we do not have another mounts thread.

With that being said, waypoints and skills are an in game feature to eliminate the need for a mounted creature.

I for one do not want to see more animals sitting around clogging up maps, towns, etc. I also don’t want them adding to the culling problem in WvW or a dragon fight.

Leave it be and please….please…quit making a new thread on this every other day. Let the dead dog die already.

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

You have a waypoint pretty much every 50 feet. Mounts would really do nothing that these cannot already do. If you want to ride a mount from LA to Cursed Shore, be my guest and take a half hour to do so, I’ll just click the waypoint and spend 3 silver (something you can kill a couple of monsters to get) to get there instantly.

They already said they aren’t going to put mounts in the game because they feel it takes away from players enjoying the world around them.

Quite simply stated, and upon numerous other reasons. Mounts arn’t need, and why do these posts show up in growing numbers? I think the search bar in these forums are bugged, apparently no one is able to use them

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Sinifair.1026

Please dont add mounts… I hate mounts and mount collecting/collectors this isnt every other mmorpg out there and transportation is so easy in gw2 thx for not having mounts gw2!!

I don’t want mount collecting or anything like that. Merely like “Cultural Mounts” like there is cultural armors and weapons.
- I am not entirely pro-mount, as stated before, but it seems like people are spending less time in the game world by constantly using Waypoints (and waypoints are nice and easy) but we are missing out on the Dynamic Events and such, which was a thing that ANet wanted to be an essential part of the game.

One thing I would like to see implemented are the ships actually sailing and taking you to the different cities (like from Dawnside Quay in Rata Sum to Lion’s Arch). Just something that would implement the world to the game, really.

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Sinifair.1026

Many players don’t really enjoy the world around them because they are spending the time in the void between the waypoints. That is a reason for it.

- If you have read what I wrote first, where I explain to some detail why I both want and don’t want mounts, you would also have noticed ships being brought up.
I would like to see some gameplay that implemented the world even more. People don’t spend that much time in the game world when they have completed a zone, thus making the game shrink.

Unless people “feel like” going aimlessly out into the world where there is a lot of content just lying around waiting, we got a huge problem of people not experiencing GW2 to its fullest.

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

I hate WoW influences being suggested to ArenaNet for 1 reason:

You know why wow made mounts ? Because their world is ugly, and horrible graphics, nothing to see… That’s why they gave you the way to speed run trough continents and get what you need! Making mounts in GW2 would just ruin everything, i enjoy running my areas with +25% speed and have no need to mount anything.

It would be sin and waste of ArenaNet’s huge hard work on all those details to just fast run trough. If you need to fast travel around, buy yourself a speed booster !!!

And i feel like all further topics about mounts should be automatic closed!
My answer is:
“NO!”

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

(edited by Firelysm.4967)

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eli The Yahoo.9782

Eli The Yahoo.9782

You know why wow made mounts ? Because their world is ugly, and horrible graphics, nothing to see… That’s why they gave you the way to speed run trough continents and get what you need! Making mounts in GW2 would just ruin everything, i enjoy running my areas with +25% speed and have no need to mount anything.

It would be sin and waste of ArenaNet’s huge hard work on all those details to just fast run trough. If you need to fast travel around, buy yourself a speed booster !!!

My answer is:
“NO!”

I didn’t like WOW either (had a trial version) but having mounts doesn’t have anything to do with WOW – think of golden age, now – think of assasin creed – the goal is to enjoy roaming the land and reaching to new places with the mounts, add new mounts based competition – if you don’t want a mount, no one will force you to buy one…

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Firelysm.4967

My answer is:
“NO!”

I didn’t like WOW either (had a trial version) but having mounts doesn’t have anything to do with WOW – think of golden age, now – think of assasin creed – the goal is to enjoy roaming the land and reaching to new places with the mounts, add new mounts based competition – if you don’t want a mount, no one will force you to buy one…

My last post was clear enough, and 10 before that one, and more will come. Answer was already done and final by ArenaNet community. A little bit of search would make that clear.. This is just another spam topic.. which should be auto closed.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

We get a mount thread like every single week,or more..Mostly negative responses ( as it should,mounts has no place currently in gw2 imo ) and then it usually gets locked soon after.I think it has a reason.

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

I believe mounts should be possible, but it is, as everyone has said, annoying to an extent due to no real reason for them. So my idea would be to have them be Legendaries, maybe 1-2 for each race that would use a specific mini-pet in the Mystic Forge along with the usual Legendary formula. Horses for Humans, Griffins for Norn, Golem-Scooters for Asura, Plant-Horses for Sylvari, and Motorcycle-like machines for Chars. Or something like that. They’d be alternate Legendaries for anyone who’d prefer travel devices over weapons.

If not, gaining mounts for an in-game mini-game might also be plausible. Maybe they could even create a new series of achievements like that for Jump Puzzles, like specific places and Instances that you can use a mount in.

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I believe mounts should be possible, but it is, as everyone has said, annoying to an extent due to no real reason for them. So my idea would be to have them be Legendaries, maybe 1-2 for each race that would use a specific mini-pet in the Mystic Forge along with the usual Legendary formula. Horses for Humans, Griffins for Norn, Golem-Scooters for Asura, Plant-Horses for Sylvari, and Motorcycle-like machines for Chars. Or something like that. They’d be alternate Legendaries for anyone who’d prefer travel devices over weapons.

If not, gaining mounts for an in-game mini-game might also be plausible. Maybe they could even create a new series of achievements like that for Jump Puzzles, like specific places and Instances that you can use a mount in.

Motorcycles,scooters….See..please stop suggesting them before anet goes nuts and might actually implement this crap… :/ Who in their right minds would like see motorcycles and scooters in gw2 ??? wth…..

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Motorcycles,scooters….See..please stop suggesting them before anet goes nuts and might actually implement this crap… :/ Who in their right minds would like see motorcycles and scooters in gw2 ??? wth…..

The Char have tanks(among other things) and are in the industrial era, so I didn’t mean like an actual modern-day motorcycle and scooters, nor do I say having mounts going around normally is a good or bad thing(leaning towards bad), I was simply suggesting that if mounts are implemented that special circumstances be met if one were to get one.

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Firelysm.4967

All i want is laser bow and a tank instead of pet, do i ask to much :}? -.-
It would be cool to auto block topic lol!-.-

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Juyoon.7984

Juyoon.7984

Mount?? I love it so much !
Whatever it’s tool or pet, i love it..!
I think there should be two types of mount.
First , Mount pet —> using some monster or pet to be your mount.
Second, Machine Mount(tool) -->For Example Dredge Motorcyle, Iron Wings or Real Wings, Asuran Skateboard (flying skateboad), Flying Leaf, etc.

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gary.7105

Gary.7105

I totally disagree that the game was designed for foot travel alone and that mounts have no place in the game.

The game was designed to be explored, rather than just traveled from waypoint to waypoint. Only by traveling can you come across the dynamic events, which are what pve was built around. But foot travel can get really boring when a player just feels like traveling around an entire map area. Personally, I love to just run around the map looking for events, but I just want to travel faster.

Not sure about anyone else, but it really bothers me when I come across one of the big dragon things (sorry, cant’t think of what the events are called right now) and I can’t do it because there are no other players there. Numerous times I have sat there and waited, and waited, and waited for others to show up with no luck.

I don’t think air mounts would be any good in this game. But ground mounts would be awesome. And I believe they already planned on adding mounts to the game in the first expansion. In an interview before release Colin said, “mounts will not be available AT RELEASE.” The way he said it told me we will have mounts – can’t wait.

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

why so many kittening forum discussions about this? it’s been beaten to death!

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

please, let us human ride a centaur^^

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Mounts are fun. Mounts add to immersion. Mounts add a small degree of character personalization.

They do not have to go 200% speed or be pastel pink panda-raptors. They don’t need to be terribly more uber than existing passive run buffs ingame. They don’t need stats or bonus.

They can be fluff, and since they are not needed, will be fluff.

They don’t need to be callable in cities,if that offends you, though for me, I’d rather see a horse than necro pets.

Yes, there are waypoints. That means no one will ever be forced to have a mount to get around. So, all I see is “I don’t want a mount, and I don’t want you to have one”

FYI to some, Mounts aren’t a “wow” thing. Mounts were in MMO’s prior to WoW. Please refrain from assuming wow is the only mmo that existed pre GW2. WoW has mounts because they were popular in the games that blizzard blatantly ripped off.

From Anet’s perspective, mounts are a huge cash cow for those games that offer them as store purchases. Possibly more than any other non consumable category.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Disig.7169

Disig.7169

Yes, mounts can be fun and they can add the element of collection to the game. My husband actually stopped playing because he couldn’t collect his “shiny ponies.” But you know what? I’d rather see them do other things that would add a lot more fun and emerson. To those comparing this to WoW, stop. Right now, just stop. This is not WoW. Deal with it. Just because it works in WoW does not mean it is right for this game. Your argument is invalid.

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vaske.2817

Vaske.2817

-Hmm iirc RIFT, Tera, Warhammer Online, LOTRO, and many many other games have mounts, i do not see why GW2 would not have them. Ofc WP are there, but why not make mounts cost like 10 gold so it is on me to choose if i want to spend money for riding mount or teleporting, not to mention how mount would be useful in Orr where everything is contested….

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Disig.7169

Disig.7169

This game is not any of those games. Same point about WoW goes to those as well. Your argument is invalid. Stop trying to make this game like every other MMO copycat.

Lets talk Mounts

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vaske.2817

Vaske.2817

This game is not any of those games. Same point about WoW goes to those as well. Your argument is invalid. Stop trying to make this game like every other MMO copycat.

-Every MMO is copy of previous ones……so yeah….