Level based explorable mode on dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Siam.1278

Siam.1278

Not sure if the title fits the idea, anyways.

With a lot of players having difficulty on dungeons, due to their imbalances or PUGs, I would suggest that instead of having a single minimum level for each explorable mode in dungeons to have more options based on the level selected. (confusing? I know…)

Example:
In Ascalonian Catacombs, instead of having lvl35 as the minimum requirement for explorable mode to choose to enter a dungeon that is fit for either level 35/60/80 players and level the mobs inside to the appropriate level chosen by the group. This ofcourse should reward players accordingly on which level of dungeon they chose.

I think that you can create more challenging dungeons for hardcore players without affecting the casual players that just want to do the dungeon for fun and not for a challenge.

in Suggestions

Posted by: AlexanderFaust.4518

AlexanderFaust.4518

This doesn’t do anything because of “level scaling”.

In that I’m level 80, doing AC *(lv35 dungeon) and the game levels me down to lv35 when I go into the dungeon.

So, level is irrelevant.

However, IF they added more “maps” w/stories of their own into the dungeons that were level restricted.. then I guess that could be cool.

in Suggestions

Siam.1278

The idea is focused on adjusting the difficulty of the mobs/bosses that is appropriate, say for a new lvl35 player that is going for AC for the 1st time. Most players doesn’t have enough gear that helps them to complete AC without suffering a lot of frustration and getting broke on repair bills.

in Suggestions

Posted by: AlexanderFaust.4518

AlexanderFaust.4518

The idea is focused on adjusting the difficulty of the mobs/bosses that is appropriate, say for a new lvl35 player that is going for AC for the 1st time. Most players doesn’t have enough gear that helps them to complete AC without suffering a lot of frustration and getting broke on repair bills.

Right, but GW2 is “skill focused”.. lol, well.. it tries to be anyways XD.

What that means, is that unless you’re walking into a dungeon with gear that’s 10 levels under it’s starting level (IE: you’re lv35, going in with lv25 whites) ~ then you won’t really have a problem completing the dungeon.

Basically, gear and level really don’t matter in GW2.

Hope that helps.. though, if not.. I would recommend watching this and perhaps understading what you’re trying to compare.

Gear progression + Level:: WoW Vs. GW2

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/power-creep

in Suggestions

Siam.1278

I’m actually not comparing it to WoW as I’ve not played it.

What I’m trying to say is that some players and incoming players will be more welcome to doing explorable dungeons if they have options to do them in appropriate levels.

Yes, we lvl80 are being scaled to lvl35 in AC but we are still able to take more damage and do damage than a lvl35-40 player doing the same dungeon.

Great video btw.