Level capping dungeons

Level capping dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Devon.9685

Devon.9685

I know the high level players are gonna laugh at this suggestion, but it’s about being FAIR to lower level characters. For Ascalon Catacombs (refered to as A.C.) all that is required is for a player to be level 80 with NO experience, while lower level players that have managed to get some experience CANNOT get into a staggeringly huge amount of Dungeon Partys due to the “Elite-ism” of ALl the level 80s. I’ve started partys to have people leave because I wasn’t lvl 80 or to be kicked because I’m NOT lvl 80.
Ascalon Catacombs should be level capped at kitten for Exploration to allow low level players a FAIR chance to gain Dungeon experience and join a exploration party instead of being snubbed by level 80 players, and if You think I’m picking on just lvl 80 players, READ the party description “Path 3 lvl 80 only” that runs rampant in the “LGF”/Ascalon Catacombs section. It’s NOT FAIR to ANY low level player the way the system is now and this is mu suggestion to make it fair and enjoyable.

Level capping dungeons

in Suggestions

Devon.9685

Where the hell did the Capped at kitten come from??!! I didn’t write that. I wrote levels kitten.

Level capping dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Add a " or’ between words the filter even accounts for spaces.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Level capping dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

Start your own party, add “alts welcome” or “any level”. And optionally add the players who join and then leave to your block list – you probably wouldn’t want to play with them anyway.

I never join parties that say “level 80 only” – it suggests the players in question think they’re playing WoW (where stats inflate insanely at max level). In GW2, a level 80 player can easily have lower stats than a level 75 player, and stats aren’t very relevant anyway (you get downleveled inside the dungeon, so the real issue is whether you have access to superior sigils and all talent tiers, and that happens at level 60). For AC, I’ll take an experienced player on a level 35 character over an inexperienced level 80 any day.

- Al Zheimer

Level capping dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Start your own party, add “alts welcome” or “any level”. And optionally add the players who join and then leave to your block list – you probably wouldn’t want to play with them anyway.

I never join parties that say “level 80 only” – it suggests the players in question think they’re playing WoW (where stats inflate insanely at max level). In GW2, a level 80 player can easily have lower stats than a level 75 player, and stats aren’t very relevant anyway (you get downleveled inside the dungeon, so the real issue is whether you have access to superior sigils and all talent tiers, and that happens at level 60). For AC, I’ll take an experienced player on a level 35 character over an inexperienced level 80 any day.

When you’re down leveled many levels and in exotics, you’ll be down leveled to the max stats of the level you’ve been down leveled too.

With AC there’s really not that much to be experienced with, you just need to follow and stack at pretty much every boss which even the inexperienced can do.

Having said that, form your own party and note in the party description that all levels are welcome and you won’t have the problem you’re having.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Level capping dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

It’s actually not that difficult to avoid the elite-ist groups out there. Making your own party does help a lot. And if you’ve done story mode you can take the additional precaution of starting the dungeon yourself, then making your party request. If you end up with a bunch of idiots that then try to kick you somewhere in the dungeon, at least you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that they just booted themselves as well.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Level capping dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: illo.5106

illo.5106

Having said that, form your own party and note in the party description that all levels are welcome and you won’t have the problem you’re having.

Or do it with your guildmates – never rejected a “too low” player from my guild or fl.

Level capping dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: warllockmaster.1379

warllockmaster.1379

The Op Is 100% Right.
The current situation with the looking for group system is ridiculous.
And it is the opposite way, it should be the only 80s that should go with their guild, not the new players that needed a as good experience as possible of this game.
Same goes for the people who only want experienced people in their group-then go with people you know.

As for a solution I have a good suggestion.
nerf 80s completely in dungeons, don’t just lower their level to max of the dungeon level. Disable their trait bonus too, make them on complete equal footing with the lower players. This would quickly put an end to the elite kitten, and people would also have to think of more than their own nose.

regardless It is wrong to say to the new people: ‘’ Go with your guild’’
Not all people got that option as they are funny enough, new to this game.
instead the experienced players- should be told to go with their guild or friends, since they do most likely have the option.
Great job Op I’m rooting for ya

Level capping dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Not all people got that option as they are funny enough, new to this game.
instead the experienced players- should be told to go with their guild or friends, since they do most likely have the option.
Great job Op I’m rooting for ya

On the same note, not all lvl 80’s have guilds or use MMO’s for socialization to have in game friends (I know the only time I talk to my guild is on a Sunday when they do the guild mission…it’s the easiest way to get ascended trinkets at the moment). There’s a lot of lone wolves out there who shouldn’t be thrown under the bus either. Either way the LFG tool is for anyone looking for a group, each group being advertised has a description, realistically what should be happening is people filling in that description appropriately (which sadly isn’t happening)

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Level capping dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: illo.5106

illo.5106

I’m not saying “go with your guild”, I’m saying: If you have trouble finding a group, why not go with your guild? Or do your own group, like mentioned b4 – problem solved. You even can “advertise” your group as a group with non-lvl-80 players or that you don’t want to do a speedrun, so that no one can flame you for not being lvl 80 or experienced.

The problem is: Most players want a fast run, that’s why they usually want only 4 full berzerker warriors and a mesmer – even better: legendary, ascended, 8k AP, so on. If you’d nerf the dungeons/gear/skills/blabla and if you try to eliminate all those factors people usually see as a guarantee for a fast and easy run, they’ll only look for new things to evaluate if someone is “experienced/good enough” or not (like AP, legendary/ascended gear, rank, blabla).

And why should lvl 80 players go with their guild only? Of course there are lone wolves, but usually if I start playing a MMO and I don’t know anything about anything, I
a) read a lot and try to get into it (my experience: rarely done) or
b) join a group to avoid making mistakes and get help (in dungeons so on).

Level capping dungeons

in Suggestions

Devon.9685

The factor that seems to be the big bias against me is my DPS and other scores, they think that lvl 80s even inexperienced are “Superior” to experienced lvl 40s. While ALL these arguments for lower level players while compelling , are NOT going to reach the lvl 80 “ELite-ests” since I doubt they’ bother to read the forums in the first place. As far as getting guild mates to join me, they’re high level and have done AC till they’re sick of doing it anymore and finding another guild is like slitting my throat because of the other things they can do for me that new/starting guilds can’t do that established ones can. (please don’t ask for an explanation here). No it’s up to ANET to resolve this matter and dungeon level capping seems to be the quick and easy fix to the problems I mentioned in my previous post.

Level capping dungeons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Felbryn.5462

Felbryn.5462

Dungeons are already level capped in the sense that you are downleveled when you enter the dungeon.

If you’re suggesting that max-level characters shouldn’t be allowed to play the dungeon at all, and anyone who wants to earn tokens from that dungeon should be forced to create an entirely new character, level to the appropriate level for that dungeon, and then can only play it a limited number of times before that character levels up and is also permanently excluded from that dungeon…sorry, but that’s ridiculous. It can’t possibly solve as many problems and hassles as it creates.

Maybe there are improvements that could be made to the dynamic level adjustment system to make your original level less relevant, but just flat locking people out because they’re too high is a complete non-starter.