Lieutenant commander tag in wvw?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Greyalis.2309

Greyalis.2309

WvW should implement a Lieutenant Commander Tag.

Lieutenant Commanders would be useful for leading smaller squads for havoc roaming, and perhaps new ruins of power squads.

Commanders now lead larger zergs and we know where they are at and how to get to them. The problem is that the need for smaller squads is growing and these squads need to be defined more on world basis. Implementing another rank tag would allow players to partition themselves easier to these smaller squads all over the map.

Here is an example of what the new tag could look like.

Attachments:

Self Is The Emblem All

in Suggestions

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

Such things have been suggested many times over the last year, Anets official response is its in the works with no due date, we’ll probably get ambient killing mastery a long time before a useful commander system.

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in Suggestions

Greyalis.2309

I opt for sooner rather than later, especially now with some of the discord between taking keeps and defending ruins of power. Hopefully, they would soon implement something like this with a living world update. I myself prefer to do small squad roaming and something like this would organize some of the stuff guilds are now battling to contemplate within squad structure. It doesn’t seem to big a change, just make the tag available and that is all.

Self Is The Emblem All

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

How about just changing the color of your tag, that would be enough.

in Suggestions

Greyalis.2309

An elegant solution as well Chris!
Then guilds or even worlds can decide how to best use the colors of tags in the way they want to structure it and perhaps assign objectives.
This would perhaps solve the problem of people abusing or misusing a specific tag purpose and would be an as needed tag to be used within server strategy.
The only thing is the neat specialization of having a Lieutenant Commander tag.
Another idea would be to have guild rewards or upgrades that give GM’s permission to hand out specialized tags, colors, or even titles that would act as commander tags on map. This way only serious wvw guilds have ability to create these other tags.

Self Is The Emblem All

in Suggestions

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Also, have the map dots change to the respective color of the squad they are following. All this stuff doesn’t seem very hard to do. But, we’ve been asking for this since launch. Remember, temporal curtain still doesn’t stack swiftness unless it is the first swiftness buff you receive.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

If we still can’t form a 5 person group in WvW properly…. I wouldn’t expect any changes to C&S anytime soon. I mean it’s not like being able to form and manage groups and squads is important in GW2……

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

Another WvW suggestion that was moved to the general suggestion forums and will be buried 10 pages down within 24 hours.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in Suggestions

Greyalis.2309

Another WvW suggestion that was moved to the general suggestion forums and will be buried 10 pages down within 24 hours.

Thank you and sorry. I thought this was a forum for gw2 enthusiasts to write stuff. Next time I will have something totally original and game changing.

Self Is The Emblem All