Link achievement points to Magic Find

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shydo.9468

Shydo.9468

I don’t mind grinding if I am going to get something out of it other than grays….so why not make every 100 achievement points = 1% magic find? That way people that have played longer get a little bonus and new players have reasons to gain achievement points other than just the normal part of progression. It will allow people freedom to not use MF gear in instances and still get some MF benefit. I don’t think this would be too overpowered as they have normalized the achievement point gains. Any thoughts…

in Suggestions

Posted by: God of Gods.7235

God of Gods.7235

+1 I love this idea, please do this. Maybe 2% per 100 though

in Suggestions

Posted by: Warruz.8096

Warruz.8096

Only problem is temporary content could no longer give achievement points.

Why was Crab Toss Removed? – http://tinyurl.com/kvbaakq

in Suggestions

Posted by: God of Gods.7235

God of Gods.7235

Sure they could, they would just have to put in a DR system so every few thousand points the % of MF you would get would go down until you got no extra at all or just cap it at like 200%

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Only problem is temporary content could no longer give achievement points.

I don’t see this as being an issue. No different than players not being able to get achievements for missed past dailies and monthlies.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

I’m so-so about this. It’d be nice giving vets something nice, and MF isn’t that strong as you say. 200% cap sounds a bit much though…

It will allow people freedom to not use MF gear in instances and still get some MF benefit.

No MF-kittens will always be MF-kittens not matter what, to them it’s just even more MF

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

in Suggestions

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

This would be very unfair to new players.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Not very sure about this. It’s good to reward player but it’s the low achievement players that needs MF the most.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shydo.9468

Shydo.9468

Not very sure about this. It’s good to reward player but it’s the low achievement players that needs MF the most.

It wouldn’t stop new players from wearing MF gear but as time went on you would have to wear less and less due to accruing achievement points. Lets face it even with a ton of MF the drop rates are still very low but this would be a bonus and give people another reason to play and do things that award achievement points.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

Such a bad idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LykaiosAzriel.4186

LykaiosAzriel.4186

agreed, this sounds like a horrible idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

This would be very unfair to new players.

Realistically, how worried about Magic Find are new players going to be? By the time a player gets to a point where MF really matters, they’re going to have plenty of achievement points.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

I believe achievements (points) will become laurels in the future.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kenage Achalarus.4276

Kenage Achalarus.4276

i have 4711 achievement points= 47.11% magic find
i dont see this as a bad idea but it can be consederd that other people like one og my guild mates has 6703 achievement points=67.03 but however if this idea is implementd in the game you would have ermmm a lot here is a break down

Settler MF=200%
full armor MF= 18%
Rune MF: 40%
consumable (food)=30%
Weapon set sword+sheild=6%
Sigil of MF 25 charges=15% MF
Boonfire boost: 50%
Guild MF boost= 10%
Guild banner: 15% (banner that uses Merrits this banner dosnt stack with other banners)
MF consumable booster=50%
=434% MF
now that is all the MF boost i can get my hands on now adding your boost to lets say 4k achevement points =40% MF

grand total = 474% Magic find
Lady luck better give me [Dusk] with that much MF

a Mesmer with a Greatsword [Confusion], your mind has been [Mind Wrack]

in Suggestions

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

I like the idea. I’d say 0.5-1% per 100 points would be alright. I’m no master of balance, but it seems like it wouldn’t be a huge deal. A lot of people don’t specifically hunt for achievements, so they’ll be unhappily forced to do them if it’s a really significant boost to MF. A 25% boost when you have 5000 AP will not drive any rational person to specifically hunt for more achievement points.

It also might be better to just wait for the MF change they’re concocting to be released and then brainstorm further improvements :P

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

in Suggestions

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

There should be some sort of prestige level that gives you benefits upon unlocking certain achievements, maybe access to new stores with certain skins only available once unlocking a certain amount of achievement points, but for the most part, achievement points should not give any benefit at all, because that’s what they’re there for, just points to show your achievements in the game, that should be reward enough, skins are ok, because they’re purely cosmetic, but magic find would be too huge, and would be next to impossible to balance.

It would either be so useless that it’s not worth the effort at all, or it would force players into farming achievement points for the huge boost it could potentially provide.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Suggestions

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

There should be some sort of prestige level that gives you benefits upon unlocking certain achievements, maybe access to new stores with certain skins only available once unlocking a certain amount of achievement points

“But that’s not fair to newer players.” “Forcing us to grind dailies.” “This game is against alts.” I can hear the complaints now.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

There should be some sort of prestige level that gives you benefits upon unlocking certain achievements, maybe access to new stores with certain skins only available once unlocking a certain amount of achievement points

“But that’s not fair to newer players.” “Forcing us to grind dailies.” “This game is against alts.” I can hear the complaints now.

That’s why i made note of it being merely cosmetic skins, that would not give them any valid reasons to complain, because no benefits are gained over other players without a high prestige level, the bonus would be purely cosmetic, and if they want the skins, they’ll work for them.

Nothing is fair to newer players, the people who have been playing longer will always have more benefits over them, it’s just the way the game is, people who expect to play a game and instantly have all the benefits equal to that of someone who has been playing for months/years+ is just stupid.

And for the last one, people can’t say this game is against alts because of my suggestion, because achievement points are account wide, not character bound.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Suggestions

Posted by: vanRaamsdonk.8042

vanRaamsdonk.8042

So in the long run everyone will have 100% Magicfind with your idea? There will be a point 10k achievement points will be a common thing for most players.

in Suggestions

Posted by: wars.2083

wars.2083

+1 on this i like it

i have many ideas but mostly never speak of em