List Of Guild Improvements

in Suggestions

Posted by: John Valdea.5879

John Valdea.5879

Ok i’ve seen a few guild related posts here and there. Now here is my personal list i’ve compiled based on what i’ve seen and or thought of that would best improve the guild experience. Now some of them arenanet has already said they intend to do and i shall mark off each suggestion on the list as it comes to pass…. this is GUILD wars after all so lets improve the guild experience.

Guild Halls/Towns: i have seen many suggestions on rather than bring back the halls to instead give us towns that we can build and customize. I would very much like to see this myself. Allow us to add specific buildings, merchants and even locations. Give some basic locations as a small list that each guild can start out with then allow the guild to purchase or unlock better locations. Say we start with basic town farm or cave locations. Then a guild could choose to either stay there or unlock or purchase maybe a rainforest or beach location. You could then add npcs with guild discounts much like in the first gw. In addition you can add buildings, defenses, decorations etc and improve them or purchase different styles of buildings.
Guild Wars: Ok its guild wars and we’ve been told we’ll see guild wars soon. Right now youre looking at primarily server wars. But is the guild wars gonna just be a rehash of the server wars? I hope not. Here’s what i’d like to see. On top of making guild towns you will then have battles involving said towns. First the guilds on a server will fight over trophys in a special region that will involve not just combat but skill, for example solve riddles, or jump puzzles to get to the trophy first and fight for the trophy. The winning guild gets their trophy placed in their guild town either out in the open or in a protected vault if they have built a vault in their town. At this point they have a 24hr grace period where their guild town is safe and they may reap the benifits of the given trophy may it be bones exp per kill or gold or magic find etc. Each guild may have one trophy at a time. Now once the grace period runs out another guild may attack their town after declaring war on them and potentially steal their trophy. After a full week the trophys reset and go back to their starting location, to prevent any one guild from keeping a trophy forever.
Guild Calendar: An in game calendar where a guild can post events and holiday events can be listed as well. This would be an additional tab in the guild window.
Logging On MOTD: Show the message of the day in chat window when players log on. Its a simple fix and much needed. I constantly get surprised reply’s about my guild having a website and voice chat even though its in the message of the day because they never check the guild window.
Message of the Day Edit: Allow us to edit the existing message of the day without it all erasing. Sometimes i just want to edit a small portion of the motd and keep some of it. For example when i want to edit something small but keep the voice chat info in the message of the day i hafta write it down first because it erases…
Guild Alliance: same as the first guild wars form alliances to help each other out.
Guild Cape: We miss the gorgeous capes from the first guild wars. The backpacks are great and all but not everyone is an engineer….
Banner Background Color: Allow us to set guild color backgrounds. That way our banners can have a different background color… this would also change the base color of backpacks and capes.
Guild Armor Tiers: The guild armors are rather bland for the most part and don’t really encourage people to get them especially at the current cost. Out of all of them only the medium one is decent and that one still makes you look like u have bubble butt. So why not add some unlock-able tiers. Much like the racial armors you would have additional tiers of armor that the guild has to unlock, and they would come at a higher cost. These higher tiers would need to be more elaborate and enjoyable to look at and wear than the current ones.
Guild Airships: Speaks for itself really….
Last Represent Date: A date that shows the last day a player represented the guild. It’s rather frustrating trying to figure out who to remove from the guild due to inactivity when you cant even tell how long they’ve been gone from the guild. This would both include represent status and log in status. If you haven’t logged on you obviously haven’t represented. At the very least a last week, over a week, over a month would do wonders.
Guild Member Nicknames: This would allow you to identify alt addicts or people who perform special tasks in the guild, or just have some fun.
Separate Rank Edit & Invite: Separate the two powers as sometimes you may want someone to be able to invite but not to kick or promote/demote.
Guild Name On Banner: Show guild name when mouse hovers over banner.

~John Valdea ‘The Midnight King’
Leader of the Darkhaven Guild ‘The Skull Brigade’ {TSB} http://skullbrigade.webs.com/
Guild Improvements Suggestion Post: http://tinyurl.com/a3yh8tf

(edited by John Valdea.5879)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

The guild town idea sounds like you’re trying to make a city sim…
And if they’re bringing some ‘guild wars’ to the game, I think that’s referring to the old gvg system from gw1.
Calendar could work, it doesn’t affect everyone but it’s not going to be bad to put in.
Capes/alliances would be nice too, alliance less so, since you can already have guilds of 500.

in Suggestions

John Valdea.5879

It’s not a total city sim tbh. it’s more of a hybrid between GW1 guild halls and the city of heroes bases. It wouldn’t be fully customizable. It would be rather simple. you would have empty plots that you could place one of a list of buildings from. Changing the building theme would change them across all building. Say you’d rather have an asian theme to your buildings… or you could stick with the basic farm style buildings or have a stone keep styled buildings.

The plot locations would stay the same and the buildings would look the same based on your guilds building theme…. and GW1 already had diferent locations you could choose from and purchase. AS well as npcs you could add. This only goes a small bit beyond that. As for fortifications that would work much like the keep system in WvW. The fortifications and defenses would be in the same places but could be improved and repaired.

Leader of the Darkhaven Guild ‘The Skull Brigade’ {TSB} http://skullbrigade.webs.com/

in Suggestions

John Valdea.5879

Also added a guild armor tier idea to the list…..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

Guild Halls/Towns: i have seen many suggestions on rather than bring back the halls to instead give us towns that we can build and customize. I would very much like to see this myself. Allow us to add specific buildings, merchants and even locations. Give some basic locations as a small list that each guild can start out with then allow the guild to purchase or unlock better locations. Say we start with basic town farm or cave locations. Then a guild could choose to either stay there or unlock or purchase maybe a rainforest or beach location. You could then add npcs with guild discounts much like in the first gw. In addition you can add buildings, defenses, decorations etc and improve them or purchase different styles of buildings.

Good list. I don’t know about guild towns but I like the idea of having upgrades built into guild halls for non-paid GvG battles. Upgraded turrets, guards, traps, fences, whatever. But it wouldn’t work for tPvP.

I really like the in game calendar idea. It’s one of those simple little things that can really add a lot to the guild experience.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Looney Ranger.2951

Looney Ranger.2951

Good ideas generally, although I{ cant see alliances working as you can already join multiple guilds. I like the idea of customizing a guild town. Maybe each player gets a house to personalize too. Display achievements, weapons and armour sets too. A bit like a mini HoM.

“There can be only one!” Except for Anet splitting the community in two.

in Suggestions

John Valdea.5879

500+ houses would get pretty big and cumbersome pretty fast…..

alliances would be more of a chat between friendly guilds….. super guilds that have multiple guild set up would benifit from it for instance… as would small guilds…..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aeronas.3715

Aeronas.3715

Perhaps as we had guild halls in gw1, we could have guild airships this time round. Id love the idea of a mobile ‘town’ for guilds, would be nice for players in pve, to have an airship perhaps docked over a location or town. PvP guild battles could be airship fights, after all for gvg in guildwars1 you fought in the hall you chose, boarding actions could make for some intense platforming playervplayer ingenuity.

in Suggestions

John Valdea.5879

i thought about the guild airship thing as well… just not sure how it would be implemented… would be cool though

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kreindis.2807

Kreindis.2807

The main problem with most of the list is that there is no sense of balance at all, because many of the features listed are customizable ones that would directly affect gameplay, unless there would (for example) be a limit on how many turrets you can have in your town/hall or a pool of resources that no guild can exceed when building their town.

This would however simply encourage min/maxing if any sort of competitive play is involved, furthermore if your guild hall is open to attack at any period in 24 hours, you’re going to lose the guild hall when your entire guild is asleep except for like 2 members.

Now if you don’t care about balance, that’s perfectly fine, but most game developers nowdays do, especially ones with high profile MMORPGs.

I would say Guild Airships without any sort of competitive play other than allowing you to match up in a tPVP without awards match against another guild would be a start. I say without awards because if you give people the option to specifically challenge other specific guilds and then also give them awards for completing it, there’s going to be win trading.

Personal Blog : http://lawfulgoodgaming.wordpress.com/ .Come check it out if you’d like!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sahfur.5612

Sahfur.5612

Client side instancing makes alot of things possible.. I just want capes though. An asura with a cape would be adorabibble.

Plants, As far as I know are still, still bending toward
the light! And if we dance, until the heart explodes,
It’ll make this place ignite!

in Suggestions

John Valdea.5879

Ok first i added a ton of new things to the list so check em out….

The main problem with most of the list is that there is no sense of balance at all, because many of the features listed are customizable ones that would directly affect gameplay, unless there would (for example) be a limit on how many turrets you can have in your town/hall or a pool of resources that no guild can exceed when building their town.

This would however simply encourage min/maxing if any sort of competitive play is involved, furthermore if your guild hall is open to attack at any period in 24 hours, you’re going to lose the guild hall when your entire guild is asleep except for like 2 members.

Kreindis: I mentioned earlier that it would work like the keeps in WvW. You would have set plots for everything including the guild town defenses. You would have to build and repair your walls and turrets etc. If you cant afford to unlock and build them all then you obviously wont have them. You would first have to unlock them under guild structures in order to build them. Building and repairing would take crafting mats such as woods and metals.

In regards to the attacking of a guild it would hafta work much like the ladder system from GW1. First the guild would challenge the other guild to battle. Both guilds would then put forth their attacking and defending teams. A time will be set for the battle in 24+hrs from the time of a challenge. So you could technically challenge a guild the moment they get a trophy but you wont be able to attack til their grace period runs out. If the defending guild does not choose their members for the battle than any members up to the number of attacking/defending pool max may then join in at the time of battle.

(edited by John Valdea.5879)