List of maps completed

List of maps completed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lwio.7942

Lwio.7942

Would it be possible to have a list of areas visited with their % completed.
At the minute, unless I’ve missed something, you have to be in the area to see it’s completion percentage. It costs in game money to visit the area by waypoint.
With a list I can see where I need to go.

List of maps completed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Just because a hearts is filled does not mean you are ever really finished with any zone. The game has downscaling and good ex at low level because the game designers want you to still create events.

List of maps completed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I think this would be a valuable tool. Right now, I keep track on a spreadsheet, but the game could display this information in the achievement panel, maybe by clicking a button, e.g.

• 173 / 175 Ascalon [click to see missing locations] [click to see completed locations]

Alternatively, it would be nice if we could download data about our toons that included this (e.g. biography, personal story, dyes unlocked, map uncovered, remaining POI / Vista etc). The game has the data; the idea is to make it transparent to the player.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

List of maps completed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aga.8641

Aga.8641

God….people are so lazy.

If you really don’t like exploring then don’t go for 100%. If you do want 100% then check the maps on wiki, i’m pretty sure they’ll have the areas you miss, or is that too much work?!

List of maps completed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lwio.7942

Lwio.7942

It’s not laziness, I have a number of areas at 99% completed because of bugged skill points. I thought it would be useful to have a list in game that showed the percentage of each area you have completed so that you didn’t have to keep a list or spreadsheet.
I don’t want a list of quests, poi’s, vistas that I need to do.
As has been said the information is obviously on the system, it would be nice to see it.

List of maps completed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I like exploring a lot, but not for hours at a time. In between guild activities, I’ll invest an hour to it. And for that, it would be very helpful to have a tool that tells me what I have left to do.

Of course I check the maps on the wiki and gw2cartographers.com. But it’s horribly dull to tediously look back & forth between my map and theirs.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

List of maps completed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tarkaroshe.8370

Tarkaroshe.8370

God….people are so lazy.

If you really don’t like exploring then don’t go for 100%. If you do want 100% then check the maps on wiki, i’m pretty sure they’ll have the areas you miss, or is that too much work?!

I’d suggest you think about what you’re saying before calling people lazy.

When you’re trying to complete every map to get the “World Completion” to 100%, you have no way of knowing which zones might have the odd skill point / POI / vista which you might have previously overlooked, or was bugging out previously that prevented you from completing the zone.

And UNTIL you actually ENTER into that zone to check it, you don’t know what you might have left to complete.

Having a list of the map zones and the completion % is hardly “lazy”. It’s intuitive UI design.

List of maps completed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daemon.7682

Daemon.7682

I agree I’d love to have something tell me what maps I have gotten 100% on and which ones I haven’t GW1 had something that told you if you completed a map. Different view of completion now, but still a symbol or something would be nice.

List of maps completed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Spider.5347

Spider.5347

I agree – having something – list or icon on the map to show you which areas you have/haven’t completed would be very useful. GW1 had this for hard mode and shield quests.

And Aga it’s not about being lazy, as has been said broken events or skill points often mean you can’t finish an area and need to come back. Its the fact you can’t tell and actually have to go there to find out!

List of maps completed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Either that or lower waypoint costs so that it isn’t so painful to hope from zone to zone seeing which are not done.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!