List of some suggestions after 2 grinds to 80

in Suggestions

Posted by: moose.6973

moose.6973

Alrighty, so just some things I wanted to suggest/add that I’m sure many other people have brought up before.

I bolded the most important part of every suggestion so that people who tl;dr can skim.

1) Trade Broker Preview. We’ve heard it many times, just putting it out there, trade broker needs a preview option!

2) A less-temporary preview page. What I mean by this is, if you want to preview multiple different sets together, you have to leave the preview window open while finding everything. This is particularly annoying when you are previewing different sets of dungeon gear together, as you cant see the dialog sometimes and stuff is just in the way.

3) Dungeon/instance matching, another popular one. The ability to select both a dungeon, and story/exp mode would be EXCELLENT. Getting suspended from chat is annoying and makes it even harder to find a party for a dungeon when I only spam a few times every 3-5 minutes.

4) A guild list inside the game. I know you can go to various websites to see the various guilds and stuff, but the information is outdated and not always complete. Maybe there is a list of them, but I’ve never been able to find it.

5) The ability to invite someone to an instance that another full party already started. Now, maybe there is a way around this that I dont know about, but right now, if you have a full party running an instance and someone leaves the group for whatever reason, if you invite another person to the instance they will essentially get put into a NEW copy of the same instance, that is completely unstarted and has none of their party members actually in it. So if you were at the last boss and someone leaves, if you cant do it you are basically screwed. This could also tie into the “Instance Matching” idea that many people have, where if a party needs another member while in the middle of a dungeon, they could simply requeue and get a new member. So essentially you could either invite someone you know to the instance (after its already been partially completed), or queue and find a random person to come.

6) made a new post below, edited this one, its actually Precision/Condition Damage/Toughness that I want. Ignore #6 and refer to my post 12 posts down with the screenshot Precision + Condition Damage Armor. PLEASE! This applies to at least the Citadel of Flame dungeon set and a number of other exotic sets, but on my ranger I can not find a set of armor that has precision + condition damage. its either condition damage vitality and power, or power precision toughness i believe, or something else i dont even use.

7) Reduced teleport costs. Even after finding an arachnophobia and making 50g or so on it, I am still worried about money bc of teleporting. Its crazy! I have a simple idea that would help TREMENDOUSLY without reducing the effectiveness of it being a gold sink so much. If you 100% complete a zone, make traveling to that zone 50% cost. That’s it! That way it would give people more incentive to get world/zone completion, and it would still cost money to port around.

CONTINUED

(edited by moose.6973)

in Suggestions

moose.6973

8) A stretch here, but a hotkey/function that displays all things I can loot/activate would be AWESOME. Sometimes it is hard to see quest items laying around, and sometimes I miss loot piles. Just like CTRL displays yellow names, you could have another function to display other ones. If there is one already, please let me know LOL.

9) More titles to unlock! Titles are awesome, but they seem to be pretty rare in this game.

10) Better bot management. Its just an idea, since I dont know how you guys handle bots at Anet, but what if you assigned a “weighting” system to reports received. Im only to assume you guys do a “first come first serve” type deal with bot reports right now, where a bot gets reported, put into a queue, and when a gm can get to it they check it out. What if the # of reports pushed a bot report to the top so that a more active/bigger group of bots had potential to get banned faster? Obviously the bigger groups could be more of a problem, and this could lead to easier “mass bans” of bots until a better solution is reached. NOTE: this idea has nothing to do with ALL reports received (such as tech support, account problems, etc), but only to do with just the botting reports. This wouldnt impact anything outside of the botting reports that GMs analyze.

11) A redesigned WvW system (though im not sure how). Right now its very fun but on my server (Ferguson’s Crossing) the other 2 teams had officially declared (on the forums) a ceasefire, which means its basically a 2v1 for us. This was about a week ago. I’m fairly certain it ended, but things like that make it difficult for 1 server to do much of anything and there isn’t anything anyone can do about it but Anet or the servers involved.

12) More monster events in WvW. I think it would be awesome if there was a huge dragon/boss monster that spawned, and whichever server did more damage to it got the loot (or whatever Anet wanted to do). Or say, if while 2 teams were battling at a keep, a risen horde spawned and wanted to take it for themselves. IDK, I dont know how people feel about mixing pve with the wvw aspect but im sure something could be done in a way that doesnt detract from the pvp aspect of it.

13) Underwater combat is just slow and terrible. They did it better in this game than in any other mmo, but it could be more fun by just increasing attack speed/damage ACROSS THE BOARD for every class. At level 80 i probably do 1/2 to 1/3 the damage underwater as I do above, and that might even be a stretch. its very tedious. Even in low level zones on my level 80 character, underwater killing is slow. It was like this on my warrior, on my ranger, and its like that as well on my new ele/guardian too.

14) Lastly, just a request. New shortbow skins. Ive played just about every class and used many different weapon combinations, but the only one I can never find a nice skin for is the shortbow. Even some of the longbow skins that looks very similar are just nicer, because its bigger. You have these huge flashy awesome greatswords and swords and axes and whatever else, but shortbows I think need some work. I like just about every nightmare weapon/flame legion weapon/ghastly weapon (from the dungeons) but the 2 bows. The one bow that is actually decent (and its barely that) is the inquest one (from CoE), because it has some small lightning effects on it. And the legendary shortbow is just UGH haha. Rainbows and unicorns are funny but I wouldnt want it on a serious main to each his own though. I envy greatsword users and their twilight/sunrise and other weapons.

in Suggestions

moose.6973

Does anyone have any opinions on any of this? Good/bad?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Darth.9453

Darth.9453

There is a cond/prec/tough set, called Rabid. It can’t be crafted but you can get it from dungeons or karma vendors in orr
There is also Rampager which is prec/cond/power which is craftable and comes from like 5 dungeons (including CoF)

(edited by Darth.9453)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dino.3680

Dino.3680

i agree with everything above, especially number 9. i LOOOVE titles.

Kind regards. ~Dino

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wayfarer.2051

Wayfarer.2051

6) I know there are 2 prefixes that apply: rampager, which is craftable, and rabid , which can be obtained from AC , HotW and Arah . After 2 grinds to lvl 80 you really should have noticed

in Suggestions

moose.6973

There is a cond/prec/tough set, called Rabid. It can’t be crafted but you can get it from dungeons or karma vendors in orr
There is also Rampager which is prec/cond/power which is craftable and comes from like 5 dungeons (including CoF)

Maybe it wasn’t CoF that didn’t have it then, I know it was somewhere I wished they had one and they didn’t. I shall find out! But yes, CoF does indeed have that set.

in Suggestions

moose.6973

6) I know there are 2 prefixes that apply: rampager, which is craftable, and rabid , which can be obtained from AC , HotW and Arah . After 2 grinds to lvl 80 you really should have noticed

Was just going by memory, my mistake. I was wrong. I dont remember what set it was they dont have, I was talking to someone else about it yesterday. I should have probably checked before posting that but i’m lazy.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caramel Ham.4891

Caramel Ham.4891

I agree with everything you have posted. It will make the game feel more “polished”…..something that is missing right now.

I would also like to add: Make a pvp mode that is between Spvp and WvW. Something like Capture the Flag, Huttball (SWTOR), Alterac Valley (WoW). Obviously not a straight copy from those, but something that is similar and that works with GW2 combat system.

Reason i ask this is because players who do not like the current Spvp, Tpvp, or WvW are pretty much screwed. Before the fanboys jump on me, which i know there are many in the forums, it is not that the current PvP modes are “bad”, simply i do not enjoy them. Afterall, various pvp modes can coexist together and the more modes you have, the bigger the player base you can get.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lubrication.2391

lubrication.2391

Pretty sure the ceasefire has ended(I’m in Kaineng). Devona’s rest want both of us now.

in Suggestions

moose.6973

Pretty sure the ceasefire has ended(I’m in Kaineng). Devona’s rest want both of us now.

Yeah it did, but that it existed in the first place is crazy lol.

in Suggestions

moose.6973

Also I remember the stats i wanted on armor/accessories now.

I just checked, and there are no Precision/Condition Damage/Toughness accessories. It’s either Power/Prec/Toughness Emerald or Power/Precision/Condition Damage Coral.

I am not sure if the same applies to armor, but I would assume it might. That is the stat I would LOVE to see in game. You can get the stat combo in SPvP, but from what I’ve seen you can’t in regular PVE mode.

in Suggestions

moose.6973

added screenshot

WANT THIS IN PVE

and if it exists, which I couldnt find, please let me know how to get this. I would be eternally grateful. I checked all crafting recipes that I could find, and all the exotic accessories in broker.

Attachments:

(edited by moose.6973)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

precision/condition damage/toughness is my fav armor mods and i’ve been using this for over 700h. there’s no accessories with those mods (in exotic) but there is in masterwork… who wants masterwork when there’s exotic ones? so stupid not to include this in exotic.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Suggestions

moose.6973

precision/condition damage/toughness is my fav armor mods and i’ve been using this for over 700h. there’s no accessories with those mods (in exotic) but there is in masterwork… who wants masterwork when there’s exotic ones? so stupid not to include this in exotic.

Yep :-/ Hope they decide to implement it soon.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hateborne.7942

Hateborne.7942

1) I agree with the preview item. I am a bit of a sucker for looking whacky.

2) Eh, indifferent.

3) Yes yes yes. So long as it doesn’t become that automated crap that was WoW’s or RIFT’s Dungeon Finder systems.

4) Not guilded, no opinion.

5) Not experienced yet, no opinion.

6) Conditions need help. See https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Conditions/first#post676794

7) Teleport costs are nothing. If they are too expensive, you are using them too much. One doesn’t take a plane to replace a 1-2h drive, why would you teleport something that takes 15-30 seconds to reach?

8) I wouldn’t mind this actually. Possibly pressing CTRL with the loot window up could place a golden box around clickable items.

9) :-P

10) There is a system that was designed for a collection of private servers. Myself and a few others laid out the framework for this system (with a few adjustments for to accomodate the other game’s pace). Please reply here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Working-Bot-Hunter-Layout/first#post661431

11) No opinion

12) That might get interesting, so long as contribution counts as well. Weight the contribution more heavily then the actual kill, but not overpowering the kill itself. (i.e Isle of Janthir has done 95% of the boss’ hp, but OtherServerA comes in for the remaining 5% and gets the killing blow off. Isle of Janthir would still be credited as “the killing team”)

13) Underwater is different, I admit. I wouldn’t go so far as calling it terrible, but we need underwater helms. Having a piece of gear removed from us generally breaks set bonuses and causes a stat loss. Mentioned here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Recipes-for-Underwater-Helms/first#post679603

14) No opinion.

-Hate

in Suggestions

moose.6973

I do believe I posted in that thread a few minutes ago. Conditions have some issues lol.

Thanks for the other responses. I’ll check out that bot hunter link!

in Suggestions

Posted by: lordozone.9167

lordozone.9167

Well, I had a thought about the teleport costs. They are a little high in some cases, so why not give this some consideration?

Leave the costs as they are right now, BUT, if you are already at a way point maybe they can have a 50% cost reduction?

Commander Yvette Doombringer – 80 Thief
Sea of Sorrows
Event Farming Guide —> facebook.com/GW2EventZergGuide

in Suggestions

Posted by: HellBlack.3478

HellBlack.3478

I agree with everything you suggested. Especially the “instance matching” so we wouldnt have to shout every minute for people to join a group.

in Suggestions

moose.6973

Well, I had a thought about the teleport costs. They are a little high in some cases, so why not give this some consideration?

Leave the costs as they are right now, BUT, if you are already at a way point maybe they can have a 50% cost reduction?

Not a bad idea

I agree with everything you suggested. Especially the “instance matching” so we wouldnt have to shout every minute for people to join a group.

Why thank you