Locking away boss fights from waypoints....

in Suggestions

Posted by: zelrik.1379

zelrik.1379

Some bosses cannot be done without respawning at waypoints after dying during fights (CoE). This is a completely ridiculous way of doing things. It encourages a cheating mentality and make the boss fights a lot less fun. A very simple fix is disallow respawn until the whole party dies.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MMOJumper.8504

MMOJumper.8504

Or just don’t die in in boss fights. The CoE bosses in there aren’t all that hard if you pay attention and don’t listen to the guy who says to jump on top of him and melee him to death.

Boss fight lockouts aren’t fun. There’s no reason you shouldn’t be allowed to respawn and get back in the fight as opposed to being forced to sit on the sidelines until the fight’s either over or failed.

in Suggestions

zelrik.1379

No this is a terrible idea and totally cheating. It encourages people to cheat instead of actually learning the fight. People will not care about dying anymore and just respawn as many times as necessary. It s totally unrealistic too, once you re dead, you can’t come back to finish the same fight.

in Suggestions

MMOJumper.8504

Death itself is the annoyance to be avoided, the majority of the waypoints are a significant distance away from the active boss and if zerging is the chosen strategy for your group you still run the risk of the boss resetting. Having a group of people who actually know what they’re doing and just don’t die is the way to go. You don’t need to have forced lockouts to have that.

If you’re running into the zerg mentality for boss fights I’d suggest finding a different group of people to run with or joining a good guild.

in Suggestions

zelrik.1379

“The majority of the waypoints are a significant distance away from the active boss and if zerging is the chosen strategy for your group you still run the risk of the boss resetting.”

No it’s not far at all, or else people wouldn’t do it. I did it in the 2 dungeons I ran and I am sure other dungeons are like that.

“Having a group of people who actually know what they’re doing and just don’t die is the way to go.”

Subject Zero is just insane in the front door path of CoE, he spams red circles all over the floor and if you re skilled/lucky enough to avoid them, he locks you in a crystal and start over until you die. If there is a way to kill him fair and square, I ll never know it because of that waypoint being 30 seconds away from him.

“You don’t need to have forced lockouts to have that. If you’re running into the zerg mentality for boss fights I’d suggest finding a different group of people to run with or joining a good guild.”

Fact is everybody is doing it, if I want to find a guild honest enough to do it right, I ll have to keep changing guild/server for a long time before finding one. I am not new to MMO, the same BS happened in WoW too, if there is a way to game the game, people won’t hesitate and peer pressure will win over honest players.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Finally, in your last post I get your meaning. You are saying that people are dying to bypass a particularly difficult boss. They respawn at the waypoint and don’t go back to fight that boss.

I’m sure their are other ways to handle that sort of problem than preventing respawning at the waypoint. For example, if there is a chest reward, they could require that all bosses be killed before the chest can be opened.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Suggestions

Posted by: wacko.7543

wacko.7543

If you can’t do the fight, you don’t get the prize.

Pretty simple, learn the fight… get the chew toy… same as every other good MMO.

Nori Senbei (Black Cloak) Blackgate

in Suggestions

zelrik.1379

@Katz, no you don’t bypass the boss, you bypass the boss reset.

in Suggestions

MMOJumper.8504

Finally, in your last post I get your meaning. You are saying that people are dying to bypass a particularly difficult boss. They respawn at the waypoint and don’t go back to fight that boss.

I’m sure their are other ways to handle that sort of problem than preventing respawning at the waypoint. For example, if there is a chest reward, they could require that all bosses be killed before the chest can be opened.

If that was directed at me: I wasn’t saying anything of the like. I was saying that if you’re relying on zerging to take out bosses your group is doing it wrong and you should find people who know how to play instead of knowing how to rack up repair bills.

If you die more than once or twice to a boss you should rethink your strategy. For the Front Door and Teleporter paths for example, he’ll do three different kinds of rings. Dragon’s tooth, which is just the normal sized small circle, the cone attack, and the spike rings. Move out of the dragon’s tooth circles. His cone attack has circles that get larger the farther you are from him, but that’s nothing to be worried about, just don’t stand in front of him. There are 5 total spike rings, 4 that have ice patches in them, and one that has an ice patch growing in it. If you’re in one of the four that has an ice patch already in it you’ll be fine on top of the ice. If you’re in the one where the ice patch is growing, move to the outer ring or dodge out completely because it’s going to pierce the center of the circle. Don’t stand on top of eachother and you’ll be fine. If you’re all using ranged to fight him, getting eachother out of the crystal shouldn’t be that big a deal. If you’re all melee pile on top of him and pound away, when you see red circles, count to 2 and dodge.

This game isn’t a “hardcore” raiding game, there’s no reason for lockouts or penalties beyond the norm for getting killed occasionally in a dungeon. If you’re in a group that’s rushing in and getting a couple of hits off then getting killed just to do it again, leave the group. You’ll be there for hours for something that should take at most 45 minutes.

(edited by MMOJumper.8504)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

@MMOJumper No, it was directed at the OP. I just didn’t understand what he was getting at in his first few posts. I see now he was talking about the lack of boss reset due to respawning and running back from waypoints.

I think repair costs are enough punishment and definitely an incentive to get better. I agree with you. I’d much rather people be able to respawn and get back into the fray to try a new strategy. Plus, it would be a pain to be one of the ones who hadn’t died and have to die on purpose so the group can respawn.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!