Longer ranged melee weapons such as lances

in Suggestions

Posted by: wolfking.4837

wolfking.4837

I love using the hammer and some times the great sword and although they have a bit of range when the enemy walks away and is fast then me i cannot reach him and have to resort to a long range weapon just to get someone that’s just a hair out of my reach please add something

in Suggestions

Posted by: MeveM.7913

MeveM.7913

“A lance is a pole weapon or spear designed to be used by a mounted warrior. The lance is longer, stouter and heavier than an infantry spear, and unsuited for throwing, or for rapid thrusting.”

I’m pretty sure you’re referring to polearms rather than lances.

in Suggestions

Posted by: wolfking.4837

wolfking.4837

Yes that is what I am referring to thank you

in Suggestions

Posted by: LED.4739

LED.4739

Hey, great idea, been thinking the same thing for quite some time too. Here’s what I came up with that would be fun, practical, and lore-friendly:

I think a ~600 Range Melee Spear would be great, and if it were 1-handed, well then I’m sure plenty of GW1 paragon lovers would be instant fans. You could also do a throwing spear for the same reason. You could even make a 2-handed spear, more like a lance, that I could see being very fun. My personal vote would be a Scythe though, being a dervish lover, and wanting an option for a longer/wider range 2-handed Melee weapon available, say on a Guardian, Necro, Mesmer, etc. In that same regard, I think a ~300 range 1-handed melee crescent-style weapon would be great, and fun for something like a Thief, Ranger, Warrior, you name it. There’s also something like a Whipchain or tri-sectional staff that I think could totally be implemented, especially if they come with cc-oriented skills.

And maybe not for range, but a Fist weapon could be fun too.

Was this what you had in mind?

(edited by LED.4739)