Loosing boss chests when host leaves group.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

To start off, I’ll say I’m mostly at fault for this, but I missed a pair or exotic leggings from the final CoF path 1 chest because the boss died right where the chest spawns and the host had already looted everything before the dungeon completion popped up. I was close enough to the chest and opened it and saw an exotic (finally, like only the 3rd one I’ve ever gotten from a chest since launch xD) and hovered over it to see what it was when suddenly I’m ported back to Fireheart Rise since the “host” had left group. This all happened in about in about a 5 second time frame. Luckily it was only Zho’s Leggings which I didn’t need and are only worth about 90 silver. I know I should’ve just auto looted or looted it and then examined, but I got excited.

The point is, what if this happens to someone when there’s something extremely valuable? It’s just gone? I’ve had friends tell me they missed boss loot at the end of dungeons completely because the host auto loots everything (nothing wrong with that) then leaves right away, so anyone out of position is kicked out.

TL;DR If the host leaves party at the end of the dungeon right away and someone ranged doesn’t make it to the body/chest in time, then what? Can this be changed in any way?

Edit: And I spelled “Losing” wrong. Wonderful xD.

(edited by Woljnir.7810)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Okuza.5210

Okuza.5210

IMHO, this is a bug that should have been fixed a VERY long time ago. Currently, the instance will remain open until the opener changes characters or leaves the party — not just leaves the dungeon, but actually logs out and then back in with a different character. I regularly log out, leave, and then return to dungeons I’ve opened.

To defend against openers doing this either deliberately or accidentally, you really should turn on all the “automatic looting” features for GW2. I’ve had them enabled for so long, I no longer recall what they’re called. I think there is a “loot all” button on your options for this. Second, you need to instantly loot everything whenever you’re in a dungeon. The button just helps you do this.

The other thing to do is to always file a petition on the opener when this happens. He’s essentially griefing your party and can get banned for doing so — especially if he has a history of doing that.

Of course, if you haven’t yet done so, file a /bug report, too. I have long ago, but obviously this isn’t considered important enough of a bug to fix. It should be an insanely easy fix, too. They already keep the instance open as long as someone is inside it and close it when everyone is out. Just remove the additional code that is causing the problem: the part that checks for the opener swapping characters or exiting the party.

Oh, the part of the instance where the player has to press the “OK” button to receive the tokens is also a bug. Why exactly is the player being forced to press OK? Do bad things happen sometimes by pressing OK? No. You get money and tokens. Can you press “not OK”? Nope. No such option. There’s only an option to wait and it serves no purpose but to create the potential for the opener to kill the instance under people.